“The most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1089 Corniche El Nil, | Maglis El Shaab, Garden City, Cairo 11519, Egypt   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Manama, Bahrain
“The most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

The room was comfortable, roomy and very clean. The food was fantastic throughout, and in particular the breakfast. Staff were extremely polite, professional and did their best to enhance the experience in every way. The views from the hotel are magnificent. The Nile view is a treat but the other side of the hotel also enjoys a fantastic view overlook the old city and Citadel (see photo).

The Spa is an absolute treat and you won't be able to tear yourself away from it. After enjoying a massage or the sauna/steam room check out the Gentleman's Lounge - a room decked with leather lounge chairs facing floor-to-ceiling glass windows that overlook the Nile (see photo). It's an absolutely incredible and relaxing place and perfect to do some reading or simply sit back and enjoy the view--definitely one of the highlights of my stay!

I was only supposed to stay for a night but the experience was so great I changed my plans and stayed for a second. This was definitely the greatest hotel I've ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room on floor 20-30 on Nile side
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Typical Four Seasons, very nice facility, great rooms, great service. Located in a more quiet area of Chairo, close to all the sights. The Marriot next door had a shopping mall and a Hard Rock Cafe to go to when not sightseeing. Kids liked the pool, though not a huge one, but good sized. Guards everywhere, so very safe, and guards to stop traffic to cross the busy avenue. Overall, a nice property.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

its a very special city ... nice people and good friends
i ve always liked Cairo where ever i stay its always special........

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in December. The room was really good.

One thing I didnt like was the hotel reception. The sitting area is a cafe which was always full of people. So whenever I was waiting for anybody in the reception I had to just stand in the reception as there was never any place free to sit. Wouldnt expect that in a 5 star hotel.

The other thing is that we didn't want to take the hotel taxi for a trip so we asked them to help us find a local taxi and they were unwilling to just stop once on a road. So I would only recommend this hotel for a leisure holiday if you are planning to make use of all their services.

The pool side was nothing too special. In the women's room I was first giving a towel that was smelling of oil. They changed it once I told them but again wouldnt expect such bad service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Contacted property before arrival to let them know we were celebrating a birthday. Greeted at airport and taken to the property after going through customs. Met by management upon arrival and escorted to rooms. The lobby has the most stunning floral arrangements. The lobby itself is over the top gorgeous.
Our car passed through security (they look under the car for bombs and have a german shepard with the guards). Having said that and realizing what part of the world we were in, once we entered the hotel, there was a calming, welcoming feeling.
The suite was spectacular. Fresh fruit, wine and flowers were in the living room. We booked a private guide and car with driver each day of our stay. They supply bottled water and hand towels each day. The hotel will send you itineraries to choose from. We had the same driver and guide each day.
We took a feluca ride which is right across the street from the property. We had a full day tour of the pyramids and in Giza. You get to climb the pyramids and go inside one of them. We took camel rides there as well. We went to the Egyptian museum where we saw the King Tut exhibit. One day we went to the mosques and the ancient synagogue. We went to the Khalili bazaar where there is an abundance of shops to buy souvenirs. We had lunch one day at the Oberoi Hotel which has spectacular views of the pyramids, just breathtaking. Our stay was extraordinary. From Cairo, we headed to the Four Seasons Amman to go to Petra. The restaurants in the hotel are exceptional.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I've been meaning to write this review since we returned from our vacation but am just now getting around to it. We arrived in Cairo about 24 hours after leaving our East Coast residence near Boston, MA, so of course, we were exhausted when we arrived. I would recommend most people set up a driver to take them to and from the airport (we had a driver upon our return to the AP) but my Egyptian cousin picked us up to take us to the hotel when we arrived.

The room was such a pleasure to slip into after such a long period of traveling and we were extremely grateful for the soft beds, deep tub, and overall luxury.

The Hotel is an oasis of calm in the midst of a VERY chaotic city and it was SO important to have this oasis after busy days of sightseeing and such. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Cairo--that is for sure. I've heard there's a big difference between 4 and 5 star hotels in Egypt--and my belief is that if you are going to the expense of an Egyptian vacation, why not go for the most comfortable stay possible? It was 100% worth the money if you ask me!

My husband and I ate at all the restaurants and every one was absolutely delicious. In particular, we liked the mezza spread in the outdoor grill, along with the chicken and beef shawerma.

The entire staff did everything possible to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The hotel also provided us first rate tour guides. I highly recommend the Four Seasons at the Nile Plaza. It was a pleasure to stay there and we're already planning a return trip and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I love Four Seasons. When I arrived the first night in my room there was a birthday cake and it was delicious! The food at the Four Seasons is great and the tour guide that we booked through concierge was Excellent. I wish we would have booked the rest of our tours through the Four Seasons! The spa was great, but I wish the Front Desk guys understood English a little better. I misplaced my swim suit and I asked if anybody turned it in and they looked at me dumb founded. The girl in the locker room did not speak any English. Wati, I believe that is her name, who did my facial spoke better English than the front desk gentlemen. Also when I went up to concierge to help me there was one person working the desk and he was handling two phone calls and when I walked up I asked him for suggestions on restaurants and he handed me a book. That is very unusual of Four Seasons to just hand out a book to a customer who is paying a lot to stay there. This Four Seasons is Excellent but a few people need to be retrained to follow the Four Seasons Philosphy.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza? Share your experiences!