“Convenient for business in Heliopolis” 3 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 El Tayaran Street, Nasr City, Cairo 9039, Egypt   |
Ranked #35 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
3.5 of 5 stars 338 Reviews
Athens, Greece
“Convenient for business in Heliopolis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed more than 10 times for one week or more each time since September 2011. I have get used now with the service and the pros and cons of this hotel. The rooms are spacy although the bathrooms are not renewed and so clean. The best thing of this hotel is the Japanese restaurant which offers amazing sushi, especially the days of promotion. On the contrary I don't like asking something, normally not so significant, from reception the staff of which seems willing to satisfy my request but at the very end nothing is done because actually they don't understand good English so they forget easily. Thus, you may repeat many times what you say and never be sure whether your message is received.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hany S, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
We have appreciated the fact that you have taken the time to post your review of our Hotel Sonesta hotel Tower & Casino Cairo on Trip Advisor
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service you received at our SuShi Ya restaurant
Your comments has not gone unnoticed as we planned English courses for targeted employees
once again we would like to thank you for your valuable time and we looking forward welcoming you at our Hotel Sonesta hotel Tower & Casino Cairo
Cordialement

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the Sonesta twice during 3 weeks in Cairo this July. The first for 4 nights in the new towers block from the 9th July and the second for 3 nights in the old part from the 25th July. There is no comparison between the 2 with the new towers rooms being proper 5* and the old original rooms being 4* standard. The new tower rooms have large flat screen TVS and all modern amenities whilst the old original rooms are tired and a bit outdated. As an example in the Towers room I got around 150 TV channels but in the old original room around 20 and alot were not tuned in properly.

The hotel is a great location for Heliopolis and Nasr City areas and of course the airport. Yes they do have alot of weddings and out door functions but this is part of Egypt..

My main issue is the service in the restaurant which was not 5* at all. It was alot easier for me to get my own coffee or tea rather than wait for one of the staff who seemed more content to stand still talking to each other. Same applied to the chef cooking the omelettes and I gave up on 2 of the mornings.

I also had a problem with not being "allowed" to use the airport shuttle bus because I am a travel agent and the reason given "as a management decision". So will this make me offer this hotel to my clients?????

For the money it is not a bad hotel if you take the Tower rooms but they need to work on the service...

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Tower rooms, they are in a different league
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hany S, Public Relations Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel Sonesta hotel Tower & Casino
I would like to apologize about your comments concerning our service in restaurant & an action has been taken …
Concerning our Shuttle bus, it’s against by laws to do any complementary transfer to any clients’ book it by the travel agency
We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon to our Sonesta hotel tower & casino
Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have taken a day use on the pool for a relaxation day time and it was AWESOME! It's a great idea if you live out on the city of Cairo and got no place to get away on a beach on weekends, you'd rather grab a day use in your surrounding. Great Idea!

Pros:
Day use allows you only to use the swimming pool, bar pool & have lunch on the pool without having to book a room.
Jazz music on the pool was soothing, quiet environment for relaxation and everyone respects that. We enjoyed some reading and writing on the pool. The place is extremely clean and tidy.

Welcoming service was excellent! Prices were really good and reasonable. Bar Pool Service was quite perfect. Their Pizza is fresh and nice. Beer is served on the pool.

Cons:
Currently they are having some renovations for the Pool for the changing rooms and restrooms, so we had to use the Gym/ Spa changing rooms and it wasn't quite comfortable.

Sonesta got a small pool, so it wouldn't be pretty much fun if it was crowded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hany S, Public Relations Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor about our Sonesta hotel tower & casino Cairo
We have noted your comments regarding the restrooms a corrective action has been taken
Your feed-back about your stay, and especially about our team, is very important to us.
I will certainly congratulate them for their great service.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back for your next visit to our Sonesta hotel tower & casino
Cairo
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights, and we used all the facilities available. The hotel was spotless and rooms were of a good standard.

The gym was a little hot, but well equipped and the pool was a little small. However staff at the pool were very helpful and friendly.

Free wifi all over the hotel, although a little patchy by the pool.

Food in the italian restaurant was a little bland, but fine.

Overall a comfortable stay, and I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Try and get a pool view room, and some rooms have issue with wifi, so make sure to check. Hotel was...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hany S, Public Relations Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Valuable guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel Sonesta hotel tower & casino cairo I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us

At the same time we have noted your comments regarding the Ac for Gym & the italian restaurant the laGondola

Linn, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

First, I want to say I had an amazing experience. Upon arrival, we were immediately helped with our baggage and able to check in 3 hours early. While waiting, we had a delightful chocolate cake and a yummy Nescafé at the trendy French themed lobby cafe. When we got to our room, the bellhop had our bags waiting. He adjusted the temperature on the AC, put our bags up, and explained the services offered. The room was very quaint and modern with a gorgeous view of the pool and the city skyline. Our bed was comfy and had several fluffy pillows, which I love! There was a large closet with a minibar, television and free wifi! My husband called the front desk to set up tours, and they referred us to the concierge. We opted to come down for a chat and then explore the hotel. Within a few minutes we had amazingly affordable tours set up, a dinner cruise on the Nile and a day trip to the Pyramids, Sphynx and local businesses with a driver and English tour guide! After we set that up, we visited the cozy casino for a bit of fun. After a bit, I went upstairs to rest, and decided to order room service. Within minutes I had a wonderful hand tossed pizza and Diet Coke for around $11 USD. The morning buffet was both beautifully presented and tasty. I loved the varieties and the diverse cultural options available. The wait staff kept our coffee cups full and our tables clear and a friendly smile to boot. After our tour, we decided to take advantage of the all-you-can-eat sushi in one of the hotel restaurants. We were quickly seated in a romantic candlelit corner. The restaurant wascquaintband authentic, and the sushi was fresh and fabulously presented. The wait staff were friendly and attentive and the chef was both fast and a master at his craft. All we could do was roll up to our comfortable room and pass out in our plush bed! I did peek out the window and watch some of the nightly poolside entertainment. They had singers and a pool bar that I wanted to go to, but was way too sleepy after our long tour and camel rides. Our final day, we relaxed a bit and ordered lunch in the room. I had the most amazing cheeseburger and my husband had a tender and juicy steak sandwich. We were offered late checkout, free of charge, because my flight was at 330. The complimentary shuttle took me straight to the airport, helped me with my baggage, and ensured I was headed in the right place. My overall stay was amazing. I slept comfortably, ate well, and felt like my needs were a priority of all the staff. I just wish my stay was longer!

Room Tip: Poolside has a beautiful view, but choose a higher floor to avoid the party sounds.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hany S, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your rewarding feedback concerning our service.
we are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and all our facilities.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon in our hotel Sonesta hotel tower & casino cairo

Thanks and best regards,
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Hotel is Great to stay in , for business purposes, in Madinet Nasr area, i enjoyed the classical style of the room, the breakfast was good, but not this perfect as the Italian or Lebanese restaurant, the inner atrium was good with its panoramic elevator, it is a city center hotel, for quick visits in Cairo, service is great as well. I had a very good environment for my business were i was working at night, the internet was free and this was important for me.

Room Tip: Having rooms at the outer facade enables you to check the street and the traffic
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I am delighted to read your comments, very much appreciated, and take this opportunity to thank you for posting your positive notes about Sonesta hotel tower & casino and his Staff.

At the same time we have noted your comments regarding the Italian or Lebanese restaurant, and a corrective action has been taken to ensure a high quality of food products are offered to our clients.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, soon to your Home away from Home.

Kabul, Afghanistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

functional hotel. location away from downtown is a bit of a drag especially given the perpetual traffic. Neither the service, rooms, nor the amenities were five star Hotel pool and lobby were overcrowded on the weekend with wedding parties. The gym/spa is also overcrowded in the evenings. The tv was not working upon check in. The service bar was not restocked and the towels were not replaced. This was corrected upon request but still an inconvenience. I wouldn't stay here again, given the available options in Cairo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SonestaEgypt, Assistant regional communications manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear /Chachapuma

Thank you for your review , i am sorry for your bad experience as this is the first time we get a complain about our staff , this is not typical for our hotel , appreciate if you can give us more details about what exactly bothered you in order to fix it and get back your trust again .

Been to Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo? Share your experiences!