“5 Star stay with a 2 Star price!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 El Tayaran Street, Nasr City, Cairo 9039, Egypt   |
Ranked #35 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
3.5 of 5 stars 338 Reviews
Linn, Missouri
“5 Star stay with a 2 Star price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

First, I want to say I had an amazing experience. Upon arrival, we were immediately helped with our baggage and able to check in 3 hours early. While waiting, we had a delightful chocolate cake and a yummy Nescafé at the trendy French themed lobby cafe. When we got to our room, the bellhop had our bags waiting. He adjusted the temperature on the AC, put our bags up, and explained the services offered. The room was very quaint and modern with a gorgeous view of the pool and the city skyline. Our bed was comfy and had several fluffy pillows, which I love! There was a large closet with a minibar, television and free wifi! My husband called the front desk to set up tours, and they referred us to the concierge. We opted to come down for a chat and then explore the hotel. Within a few minutes we had amazingly affordable tours set up, a dinner cruise on the Nile and a day trip to the Pyramids, Sphynx and local businesses with a driver and English tour guide! After we set that up, we visited the cozy casino for a bit of fun. After a bit, I went upstairs to rest, and decided to order room service. Within minutes I had a wonderful hand tossed pizza and Diet Coke for around $11 USD. The morning buffet was both beautifully presented and tasty. I loved the varieties and the diverse cultural options available. The wait staff kept our coffee cups full and our tables clear and a friendly smile to boot. After our tour, we decided to take advantage of the all-you-can-eat sushi in one of the hotel restaurants. We were quickly seated in a romantic candlelit corner. The restaurant wascquaintband authentic, and the sushi was fresh and fabulously presented. The wait staff were friendly and attentive and the chef was both fast and a master at his craft. All we could do was roll up to our comfortable room and pass out in our plush bed! I did peek out the window and watch some of the nightly poolside entertainment. They had singers and a pool bar that I wanted to go to, but was way too sleepy after our long tour and camel rides. Our final day, we relaxed a bit and ordered lunch in the room. I had the most amazing cheeseburger and my husband had a tender and juicy steak sandwich. We were offered late checkout, free of charge, because my flight was at 330. The complimentary shuttle took me straight to the airport, helped me with my baggage, and ensured I was headed in the right place. My overall stay was amazing. I slept comfortably, ate well, and felt like my needs were a priority of all the staff. I just wish my stay was longer!

Room Tip: Poolside has a beautiful view, but choose a higher floor to avoid the party sounds.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hany S, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your rewarding feedback concerning our service.
we are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and all our facilities.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon in our hotel Sonesta hotel tower & casino cairo

Haguer Nassar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Hotel is Great to stay in , for business purposes, in Madinet Nasr area, i enjoyed the classical style of the room, the breakfast was good, but not this perfect as the Italian or Lebanese restaurant, the inner atrium was good with its panoramic elevator, it is a city center hotel, for quick visits in Cairo, service is great as well. I had a very good environment for my business were i was working at night, the internet was free and this was important for me.

Room Tip: Having rooms at the outer facade enables you to check the street and the traffic
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I am delighted to read your comments, very much appreciated, and take this opportunity to thank you for posting your positive notes about Sonesta hotel tower & casino and his Staff.

At the same time we have noted your comments regarding the Italian or Lebanese restaurant, and a corrective action has been taken to ensure a high quality of food products are offered to our clients.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, soon to your Home away from Home.

Cherish Coordinator
Cordialement
Kabul, Afghanistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

functional hotel. location away from downtown is a bit of a drag especially given the perpetual traffic. Neither the service, rooms, nor the amenities were five star Hotel pool and lobby were overcrowded on the weekend with wedding parties. The gym/spa is also overcrowded in the evenings. The tv was not working upon check in. The service bar was not restocked and the towels were not replaced. This was corrected upon request but still an inconvenience. I wouldn't stay here again, given the available options in Cairo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SonestaEgypt, Assistant regional communications manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear /Chachapuma

Thank you for your review , i am sorry for your bad experience as this is the first time we get a complain about our staff , this is not typical for our hotel , appreciate if you can give us more details about what exactly bothered you in order to fix it and get back your trust again .
Badminton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Handily situated near to Cairo AirPort we stayed one night on the way home. Lebanese restaurant was fine and staff helpful in use of business centre computer for printing boarding passes. Room was spacious ans comfortable.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hany S, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your rewarding feedback.
I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and all our facilities.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon to our Sonesta hotel tower & casino
Cairo
Cherish Coordinator
Cordialement
West Yorkshire England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed one night en route to a cruise through the Suez Canal and that was more than enough! Finding our room was the first problem as there are two sets of lifts and staff lacked the ability to direct. Shouldn't staff in an international 5 star hotel all have reasonable knowledge of the English language?
Then the lifts were totally inadequate - two serving a myriad of rooms in a high rise tower. We started off in a smoking room and asked to move. Reception said they would phone back in five minutes but that, of course, did not happen. We returned to reception and there was a long palaver to find us another room. The first room was open and bright (although stinking with cigarette smoke residue) but the second room overlooked an internal atrium and was quite miserably sited.
I ended up jotting down the good, the bad and the ugly during the rest of our stay. Although the hotel's internet specialists were very helpful the WI-FI reception was patchy and on our machine basically did not work. There was little public seating in the atrium but seating or even moving around the hotel was unpleasant because cigarette smoke permeated everywhere. There was no draft beer in the bar we visited and the canned stuff was inadequately chilled The air-conditioning in our bedroom was good but the toilet would not flush in the morning - why I do not know! - and I ended up using the public toilets downstairs. The walls of the bedroom must have been paper thin as we could very clearly hear the people on both sides of the room - although, thankfully, they did quieten down. The soap dispenser in the public toilet (my room toilet was not working!) in the downstairs foyer was not functioning and the paper towels had run out. There was only one hand towel in our bathroom and it took an incredible four switches (and a lot of searching) to switch off all the lights in this room. And the tub - I refuse to call it a bath - must have been made for midgets. I am only 5 foot 8 inches and I could hardly sit in it!
The breakfast room resembled a Soviet works canteen without the charm. We moved crockery to get a table and assembled our own crockery and cutlery by cannibalising other tables. Coffee was due to be waiter delivered but most people seemed to go up to the coffee jug and pour their own beverage. We ended up doing the same. I cannot remember what was available for breakfast as I was was getting rather dispirited by then and I just had a couple of rolls.On the other hand we ate the previous evening in the Italian restaurant and thought that it was quite good and up to the mark. In retrospect that was probably the best of the hotel.
In short I was glad to move on. There is a lot of managerial effort required to bring the hotel up to Western standards and, until this is done, I would certainly not recommend it to discerning customers. There is more to a hotel than glitzy marble!

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a non-smoking room because they will not ask you. Try not to get a room with the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hany S, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate receiving your comments about your recent stay at Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo, since our aim is the guest satisfaction, we would like to share your experience in more depth, appreciate if you can advise us how to contact you to get more details in order to serve you and our guests in a better way
Again thank you for your patronage, and we are looking forward to hear from you soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The bad news: Irritating lack of attention to detail: mini-bar empty on arrival, filled on request but never re-stocked, promised daily paper never delivered. Some staff disinterested to the point of indifference, many apparently busy on tasks that don’t involve serving customers. Carpets stained, paintwork scuffed. Coffee shop popular with lively groups of locals: best avoided by those with aversion to high levels of volume and cigarette smoke. Wi-Fi reception patchy (but free). In the bedroom, bathroom and wardrobe doors both open outwards on to narrow hallway, making progress awkward. Not enough coat hangers. Not one drawer fitted properly: less money spent on marble and more on basic joinery would have been a good decision at build stage.

Better news: Most staff courteous and pleased to help. Food in Italian and Lebanese restaurants good though not gourmet, buffet breakfast adequate but unchanging. Tower room: bed huge and very comfortable, enough furniture (though poorly made), large, well-equipped bathroom with separate shower. Pool area looked very pleasant. Corporate rate excellent value for money

The verdict: Actively managed , with refurbished bedrooms and hallways, and with proper attention to maintenance and staff training, this could be a good four star hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hany S, Rooms Division Director at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to correspond with us after your recent stay at Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo.

We appreciate receiving your comments, as this is an invaluable tool in our continuous effort to upgrade our services and facilities.

We are very sorry that we failed to deliver the service at the level of your expectation and please rest assured that this has not gone unnoticed and corrective action will be taken.
Again thank you for your patronage, and if I or any of our team members can be of any help to you please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. We look forward to welcome you or any of your family and friends back at Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo in the not to distant future and to deliver a better service which exceeds your expectations.

Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

After staying one night in this hotel, I had to transfer. Internet wasn't working and the room and its facilities were mediocre. But the hotel staff made me come back. And that I did not regret. I got to experience an outstanding service from most of the people I interacted with.

As an international traveler, I've stayed in many super properties, but sadly have to deal with mediocre staff. Not the case at Sonesta. While the property itself has its flaws, a service minded staff makes up for it - and then some.

In summary; if you stay at the executive floor, you are in for a real treat. Rooms here are spacy, the executive lounge nice (as is the service there) and wireless internet is fast.

I ate at the Italian Restaurant inside the hotel. Highly recommendable. And very reasonably priced too.

I'll stay at Sonesta again. After all; we all experience "issues" when staying at hotel properties, however most of the time hotels don't really try to fix the issues. They do at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino.

Sadly I didn't get to use the sauna and jacuzzi in my room. No time, but hopefully next time.

PS: Don't expect too much service at the pool, if any at all.

Room Tip: I can recommend the executive rooms and suites
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hany S, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Mr. Leander,

Warm greetings from Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo.
First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us, we appreciate receiving your comments about your recent stay at Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo as this is an invaluable tool in our continuous efforts to upgrade our services and facilities.

We are delighted to receive your favorable comments and are pleased that you found our services at your satisfactory level. Comments like yours encouraging us to strive even further for the highest standard possible at all times.

Surely, if you, your friends or any of your family members would like to spend their stay with, I would be delighted to attend to any of your requests personally.

On behalf of Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Team we would like to thank you for your patronage, and we look forward welcoming you soon.

Rooms Division Director

Been to Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo? Share your experiences!