“small and nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 226 Reviews
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“small and nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

i stayed in this hotel for 2 months. it is a pretty small hotel, which makes you feel a litlle at home. the staff is very nice and helpful. the hotel is clean and in very good shape. there is a mix of guest s and residents. there are a couple of nice quiet restaurants with very good food in walking distance. the hotel is in zamalek, which is not as great as many people say. zamalek is very narrow, crowded and has a lot of traffic.
the only thing which is not at the highest standard about the hilton is their restaurant. which is just ok. but there is a japenese restaurant and a french bistro connected to the hotel which gives you some variety. the gym is small but modern and with a nice view.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view on the nile
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us for two months, I am happy that you liked the cleanness of the hotel and that our team has provided the expected services.
Talking about Zamalek, I do appreciate your comments which based on your real experience, it is always depending on each one own perception and expectations, I just want to highlight that Zamalek has its unique look and feel, since it is an island in the middle of the magnificent Nile River, however it is still part of Cairo, it has its own rush hours, while enjoying quietness for the rest of the day, it is considered one of the most prestigious districts of Cairo, that is why it is always selected to be the permanent location of the most of the foreign embassies in Cairo.
I really appreciate your comments, and hope to welcoming you once more in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I felt like I was pampered from the first day to the last. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff went out of their way to help me and see to my every need. Was a little disappointed that there was no boutique inside the hotel, but they have everything else.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the Nile side - better view and more interesting "goings on" on the water...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Delighted to know that our team members have provided the right services during your stay, we are always working on providing unique services to each and every guest; actually we are enjoying serving our dear guests.
Our apology for not having shops inside the hotel, however we are surrounded by all types of shops and boutiques within few meters from the hotel locations.
Thank you for writing such nice feedback, it is very helpful for us to ensure that we are on the right track.
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Really liked staying on Zamalek while in Cairo because it's pleasant to walk around the tree lined streets. Quite a few restaurants, pastry shops, & a few nice stores to browse. Everybody was super helpful & pleasant. Was met at airport for midnight flight & upgraded to 2 bedroom suite (although I was single traveller). Concierge service was wonderful. Although everything is charged extra (none of which I used), I think Hilton is great value for location & cheaper than others in this bracket. Also, saw Longchamps & was so glad I paid $30 more at Hilton because Longchamps location is not as nice & not same caliber. I will book Hilton for my return to Cairo.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for your choice to stay with us at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, I am happy that our team has succeeded to provide the services you were expecting starting from the arrival at the airport till your departure, we wish to provide our services to you once again in the near future, you are always welcomed..
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great view of the Nile, clean and well appointed rooms, very friendly and kind staff. The neighborhood is safe and charming, along many embassies.

We stayed in an apt, which has two bedrooms, 1.5 baths, full kitchen, living room, dining area and wrap-around terrace. It was spacious and comfortable, especially welcome after touring in very congested Cairo. Overall great experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am glad that you liked the hotel, its location and our team members, I wish to see you once more very soon at our lovely hotel Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed two nights at end of 2 week tour across egypt. Thought this was a good quality hotel, had a room on level 8 with nice views across Nile, facilities in room could not be faulted. Nice balcony. Staff at reception desk very helpful. Has the Hilton price tag but a nice change from the lower budget places. Located on Zamalek Island so gets away from that Cairo traffioc to some extent but still not completely away if need to go downtown etc. A couple of nice restaurants nearby or a good meal in hotel. Reception happily recommend a nice place and assist with reservations (especially on busy nights).
Not otherwise a big fan of the Hilton (several in Cairo me thinks) but rate this one highly as a four star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your great feedback, by receiving such comments we will ensure that we are on the right track, and work on further improvement to excel in our services.
We hope that you will come back many times to your second home Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our experience in this hotel was the worst possible: someone stole 800€ directly from our room.
The attitude shown by the staff in response of this was pathetic and offensive at any time and we had to contact the police, with no better result.
Until today we had no official excuses or explanation of any kind.
And of course not even one cent back.
I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I do remember last year when you have reported the case during your stay, the hotel management has investigated this case with great concern, unfortunately we could not get a positive result through our internal investigation, nor the police one due to the following reasons:
- No specific time was indicated for not finding the claimed money, while the accommodation was for almost three months.
- Not using neither the safe box provided in your room nor the ones allocated in reception.
- No accusation for any of our team members.
Safety is one of our great priority, we are providing the up to date facilities around the hotel to ensure our guest satisfaction, while we are taking each guest comment very seriously aiming further improvement.
I wish that you continue using our hotel for your coming visits to Cairo, and we will be delighted to provide you the highest standard of service.
Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I only stayed at the Hilton Zamelick Residence for one night. The service was just impecable from the start i was even asked about my mileage plus card to get my points credited.
I must draw a particular attention to Ahmed from the morning shift who upgraded me to a fantastic apartment overlooking the Nile. I was surprised by the size of it just for myself. Complimentary water in the apto was a nice touch as well. The guest relations manager was also very nice and helpful and she suggested me to stay in the lobby and get free WiFI in order to avoid the charges and a complimentary coffee was served while i checked my emails. I was not able to use the pool area but it looked nice and clean. The breakfast was wonderful they even opened the restaurant 3o minutes early for me...What can i say... JOB WELL DONE...

Room Tip: if you are a non smoker ask for a room with a view you might get room 1101...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear friend,
we wish that you have stayed longer than one night, I would like to thank you for your kind feedback, I am happy that you have enjoyed our new service of Free wifi at the hotel public areas for our guests, also great to know that you liked our wide open buffet breakfast.
Next time please book longer stay to be able to enjoy our nice swimming pool as well as other facilities, in addition seeing more of Cairo!
Kind regards

Been to Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences? Share your experiences!