“The perfect view of the Nile” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #15 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
Kolbotn, Norway
“The perfect view of the Nile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The view of the Nile makes you feel you are on a riverboat, but without the unconfortable rocing, Whether you are in your room, on the poolside lunch spot, in the breakfast hall or in the Tea Lounge, the Nile is in front of you.

Arrange your meeting in the Tea Lounge. It has large green comfortable sofas, friendly staff and with the Nile in front of you, it was a peaceful place to work and have small meetings/interviews..

The location is great on the Al Gazeera Zamalek, if this is where you have your business. Heliopolis is far away, and you also have to cross the city to reach the airport. I travelled early, and at 6 in the morning there was little trafic and I reached the airport in 30 minutes. For reaching appointments during the day in Mohandesiin or Heliopolis, it took hours. But this is Cairo, it is full of traffic from 7-20.00.

Breakfast was also great. They make you tasty omlets and have avariety of healthy food.

A special thanks to very friendly staff in the reception,

Room Tip: Ask for a view to the Nile of cource. And in Cario, floors above the 5th does not have moskitoes rea...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Gudrun B,
Thank you very much for your great positive comments; I can use your description in our future marketing ads. I am happy that you have enjoyed the hotel and liked the service provided by our team members.
You are absolutely right, staying in the island of Zamalek is unique, while you are in the middle of everything, you keep a little distance from the crowed and noise of the busy Cairo, while enjoying the panoramic view of the magnificent Nile River is out of this world.

Looking forward to welcoming you once more in the near future.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

two of my friends and I, stayed for a couple months in the summer of 2012 with a friend who is a long time resident at the Hilton zamalek residence and i am glad i did. The suite had 3 bedrooms (5 beds) and a living room, sitting room, kitchen dining area and 2 bathrooms. the suite was extreamly spacious and had an amazing veiw from all directions off the wrap around balcony.
I was in Egypt during the first presidential election and although i was aware of the problems i did not feel unsafe once during my stay.
The staff truely make this hotel enjoyable, although most speak English well its still not always easy to communicate although they try in every way possible. Frida at the help desk was exceptional and although i had everything planned before hand she had coversations with me and my friends while waiting for my driver and was very funny.
Sitting by the pool had to be the most relaxing part of the trip wether it was first thing in the morning to suntan (the sun is hidden by the hotel after noon) or spending nights there watching the Euro cup games and relaxing till the pool deck closed for the night. Hassan the Sheesha man has to be one of the funniest employees of the hotel and made us all feel truely confortable , not to mention he mixes the best sheesha and i have yet to find someone able to make a hooka better then him. The wait staff in the restraunt beside the pool were also all very helpful and every night would put our tables together before we got downstairs and added to the relaxation and amazing service.
I was able to take in many of the hotels facilities and they were all to my standards, and all staff had permanent smies and formed true bonds with us making us sad to leave at the end of our trip. The staff truely make this hotel and the location is beautiful and very safe.

Room Tip: The wifi was hard to figure out and would cut in and out regularaliy. all rooms should have magnifi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your detailed great feedback, I am sure that our Team Members are very much motivated after they have read your excellent comments, I am happy that you have liked our spacious suites (260 Sqm) overlooking the magnificent Nile River.
Great that you were able to fully enjoy your time whether outside or inside the hotel, our Team Members like to serve our guests in a friendly and family atmosphere, let them feel home away of their own home.
I will depend on your positive comments that you will come over once more very soon.

Kind Regards
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had stayed twice in Hilton Zamalek last autumn, around 1month and a half in total, as part of a business trip and I was very pleased with what it had to offer.
What I liked:
- even the single room is quite big
- big bed with lots of pillows
- old furniture but stylish
- balcony with Nile view
- I was sharing a common area ( lounge/lobby and a kitchen) with another person. The kitchen is, however, not free of charge anymore starting 1st of Jan 2013
- location! Central Zamalek. A lovely area where all the embassies are located.
- amazing staff! The most friendly one I have ever met. I need to mention Mohammed the tall guy here!
- the Feel at Home feeling I had during my entire stay. I will definetely return here the 3rd time also.
- Hilton reward programme which is amazing. Once you become Gold you enjoy lots of other facilities

What I did not like:
- air con system was always making a small noise even when it was off.
- expensive wi-fi for guests which are not yet entitled to free access

Room Tip: Take a room with Nile view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Dan,
Happy new year. Thank you for your great feedback, happy to know that you liked our room size and bed quality, just to update you, we have recently upgraded our rooms beds with new Hilton brand standard mattresses and beds, I wished you have tried them, I agree with you we have a unique location in the most prestigious Zamalek area. Delighted that you have enjoyed services prvided with our team members.
As you may know we are providing internet through internet supplier, that is why we are not very much in control of prices, however when you reach a diamond member in our HHonor program you will be granted a free internet, not only that, very soon we will provide WiFi free in all public areas and restaurants to our guests.
You are most welcome anytime to your second home, Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This Hilton used to be the Safir Hotel/Residence in Cairo and was probably not really renovated for 20 years: brown wall to wall carpet, dusty curtains, old bathrooms. Its location is good if you want to do some shopping and restaurants. Its staff is nice and polite - as most Egyptians. The view from the rooms is great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, I am happy that our Team Members have provided high quality of service to you, also delighted that you have enjoyed the hotel unique location and the many attractions around. Just to highlight the hotel had been completed its full renovation beginning of the year 2010, all rooms and suites have been redecorated and furnished, beige carpets were extended, and installed LCD TVs. I appreciate that it is not easy meet all tastes and expectations of everybody, however we are always seeking to excel in our services. Looking forward to welcoming you once again in Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.
Centerville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The location is fantastic in Cairo! It is located on the island of Zamalek which felt very safe and is centrally located island in Cairo.

The hotel is right on the Nile and has amazing views! We were fairly high up and the pictures are the views from our balcony.

The breakfast buffet is delicious and the staff was great.

It is close to the street, 6th of July Street, which has lots of great shops and restaurants.

Our room was very nice, the bed was very comfortable and the room was cleaned great every day!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a Nile view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Great feedback, very happy to know you like the food, room, team and location.
Thank you for the lovely photos which are showing the magnificent view of the Nile River. I would like also to thank you for your time to write such a kind comment, wish you a merry Christmas and a very happy new year 2013.
Regards
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Context is so important to understand the true value and quality of this hotel. You need to think of it in relation to where it stands and what's outside its walls. It is your true oasis in the heart of what is a very large and very chaotic city.

The hotel sits on the island neighborhood of Zamalek. It is positioned nicely right up alongside the banks of the Nile. It's also nestled among many foreign embassies which are all well protected mansions.

If you're taking a taxi there from the airport (or back to the hotel from elsewhere), it seemed that some drivers knew of the hotel by its current name, but others did not, until you mentioned the former hotel name which was "Samir".

When you arrive you'll notice that the hotel is set back from the street and that there are steel barriers (like you might find at a rental car location) preventing cars from driving right up to the front entrance of the hotel. If you want to be driven up the the front entrance, the guard on duty will come out and inspect the vehicle using a mirror to look around the undercarriage of the car. Once you're cleared, the steel barriers will be cleared so you can proceed to the entrance.

When you enter the hotel, your baggage goes through a scanner similar to the type found at airport security. You'll also have to go through a metal detector.

Once through the security, you'll be face-to-face with a very grand foyer with lots of beautiful marble used to create a traditionally lavish space.

The front desk staff wear traditional garb which is beautifully tailored and they are all very, very nice and super helpful. The will go out of their way to help with any of your needs. By know, you know you have arrived in your oasis.

You'll be escorted to your room in this 26 story hotel. It is clean and tastefully decorated throughout. We had a corner room on the 10th floor which overlooked the Nile and central Cairo across the river.

We had a lovely wrap around balcony which allowed us to gaze out across the city, hear the sounds of the boats travelling up and down the Nile and to take in the distinctive aroma that is uniquely Egyptian.

Our room was clean and well furnished. The bathroom was also clean and modern. We had a nice comfortable king sized bed. There was also a large flat screen TV which received satellite channels from around the world. As a Hilton Diamond member, we also enjoyed free internet service throughout our four night stay.

The included breakfast buffet was served until 11am which was a bonus given that the jet lag can have you getting up later than usual. There is one of the largest and most diverse buffets available to choose from. It included the standard western breakfast choices as well as many traditional Egyptian selections. The staff, once again, delivered superior service.

The main dining area was on the ground floor adjacent to the outdoor pool and dining area. You could enjoy your breakfast out by the pool or indoors.

The pool area was clean and very inviting. There were plenty of comfortable seats and the whole area provided wonderful views out across the Nile.

The front desk was helpful throughout the stay. They helped us arrange for a guide to go to the Pyramids, provided excellent restaurant suggestions and arranged form taxis when needed.

Another nice touch which was over and above came as a complete, yet pleasant surprise.The hotel manager took notice of the fact that it was my birthday during our stay and sent up a birthday cake and fruit assortment to the room!

After each day of navigating through the many things to see and do in and around Cairo, it felt very comforting to return to our own private Idaho to relax and re-charge our batteries or to turn in for the night.

I give the Hilton Cairo Residences 5+ stars!

Room Tip: Try to secure a Nile River view room on a level that is higher up in the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear valued guest,
I am speechless, you have made my day, your nice positive descriptive feedback has thrilled me and the team, and it is really rewarding to read such great comments about the property, services and team.
In my opinion your comments are much better than thousands text or sales brief can be written about the hotel, by such feedback we can only excel and improve in our services, and surely will motivate our team members to save no efforts in serving our dear guests.

I thank you so much and wish that you come back soon to your second home Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was in Cairo visiting my son who was attending the American University there and my stay couldn't have been better. Ahmed and the others at the reservation desk were extremely accommodating. They were helpful in arranging a day tour of Cairo for me as we'll as making dinner reservations at local restaurants. My room was comfortable, clean and even had a fresh rose on the bathroom counter. The restaurant was lovely and I had a relaxing afternoon by the pool overlooking the Nile. Thank you to all who made my stay special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences for your stay in Cairo, I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, the level of cleanliness of your room, the restaurant and the Nile Terrace, also to learn that were satisfied with services were provided by our Team Members.
I wish to welcoming you once more in the near future.
Kind regards

Been to Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences? Share your experiences!