“Good Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Long Beach, California
“Good Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed 3 nights at the Golden Tulip. Although I was a bit apprehensive about traveling to Cairo because of the unrest, we felt completely safe in Zamalek, and especially a this hotel. There is heavy security at the hotel, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Nile and many tourist friendly restaurants.
The rooms were small, but we didn't need much more then that. The beds were comfortable
There is a safe in the room to keep your money, passport, and other valuables. Bathroom is clean and spacious. I would definitely recommend staying at the Golden Tulip!

Stayed March 2014,

Room Tip: Direct Nile View
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Girona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

hotel near to Tahrir square , zamalek we booked double room and got a room overlooking the street we asked the staff to change for Nile view the manager accepted with small supplement bigger room with Nile View

Breakfas it was ok also staff at the main door are very helpful

Room Tip: Nile view rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CAIRO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Comfortable Hotel near every thing you need in Cairo, excellent Location
Rooms very good and nice breakfast.
Staff always helped us during our stay , room with balcony over looking the Nile was also very nice

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
FlamencoHotelCairo, Manager at Golden Tulip Flamenco, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind review , we really appreciate your review all the staff very happy today with your review and hope this motivate all of them for better results again thank you very much
Zurich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I picked it because all other hotels were fully booked. Location is good, all the rest not at all.
Price: high (especially as a solo traveller), compared to international chains, other 4-5 star hotels, but most of all for the value. Room: I immediately asked to change it, as it looked on the dirty side and very old and was shown after way too loong discussions another which was very very old. Bed linen were raising eyebrows about their cleanliness, bathroom was ok. Room was absolutely and disgustingly SMELLY at night, had to set the aircond very low just to breath. Cleaning in corridor started at 730 and was everything but silent. Breakfast cost per guest must be in the order of €1.00max. Staff was as rude as read in other reviews. Recommendation is to avoid it, there is definitely much better value around downtown Cairo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for your detailed review, i am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, after the the renovation this is not nice comment about our rooms i checked all march comments and nothing reported about your comments from the room. also about the breakfast or the early morning cleaning as normally the Housekeeping staff arrive 8.30 not 07.30

we have renovated our rooms to meet international standards and since long time we only get complements about the standard of our rooms furthermore we started again from the top floor to down to re do the rooms which is already done only two years ago in order to have similar look to all our rooms by adding more facilities

I know you have decided not to come again but please Email me directly and give us the opportunity to put things right.
Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I visited Cairo in April 2014 for three days. He had booked one of the fancier rooms in at the Golden Tulip Flamenco hotel as a surprise for me. We booked via Booking.com. When we arrived, THE FRONT DESK WOULDN'T SERVE US, saying that they need a marriage certificate to allow us to stay in the same room!!! I'm Lebanese and my husband is English. I know that if I were European or American, we wouldn't have run into this problem. I understand that Cairo is generally a more conservative place than Beirut, but there is NOTHING on the hotel's website that states a mixed couple (as we're called) needs proof of marriage!!!

I didn't even bother arguing with the desk, as 1) I've seen similar reviews on Trip Advisor but convinced myself there were old, and therefore, the staff / rules might been changed, and 2) it was 2 PM and I decided to take my business elsewhere. I even double checked the hotel's website afterwards, and there was nothing that stated couples needed a marriage certificate.

We contacted Booking.com and clarified the situation to stop the hotel from changing us the $266 bill. Chantelle, from the customer service at Booking.com, was very helpful. We didn't have to pay a cancellation fee and she requested the Golden Tulip clarify state on their website that couples need a marriage certificate.

My point being: What if we arrived late at night? Or if there were no available rooms at nearby hotels? I'm not here to change the rules of the game, but AT LEAST, it's the hotel's responsibility to CLEARLY STATE its rules and regulations for its clients.

I wouldn't bother with the hotel. They cheated us by not stating their rules and then insulted us by not serving us. Anyway, we found a lovely hotel (Longchamps) down the street that didn't question our marriage, that was cheaper and that had way better service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your detailed review, I am sorry that we have let you down on this occasion; but we have also offered you solution and you did not accept , I have to say in General we cannot agree with your review meanwhile I fully understand your frustration with check in
we can only hope things will be ok with your documents next time and we are able to serve you
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

as always for us, is all about the location.. Rooms are ok but not the rooms. Upgrade worked and thanks to manager! was much better and enjoyable after the hard start we had. Room facing the street was ok, I think the higher the better, so you have less noise from the street

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
FlamencoHotelCairo, Manager at Golden Tulip Flamenco, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Zuikis,

Thank you very much for your kind review , regarding the lower floors we did our best with double glass but still Cairo a bit noisy , you are right the higher floors with also double glass windows should be very fine

Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Really its a nice hotel, very good location, very good and helpful staff, my room was very clean and tidy with an excellent view direct on the Nile, the breakfast is buffet, and has everything you could want.and the hotel located on a very safe place , sure i will return back next year with my small family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel

Been to Golden Tulip Flamenco? Share your experiences!