“Best hotel in our tour package” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Concorde El Salam Hotel

Save Saved
You added Concorde El Salam Hotel to your Saves list
Concorde El Salam Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 Abd El Hamid Badawi st, Heliopolis, Cairo 5614, Egypt   |
Ranked #29 of 131 Hotels in Cairo
Perth, Australia
“Best hotel in our tour package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We like the ambience of the lobby with a good swimming pool within visible distance where you can have a poolside meal. Breakfast is very good, serving both local and international dishes. The room was very comfortable and fairly large. Staff are friendly and helpful. A free shuttle service offers airport transfer which is a short 15 minutes ride. It was a very pleasant stay before leaving Cairo for Rome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GRCairo, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review CONCORDE EL SALAM HOTEL CAIRO following your stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service and facilities offered by our hotel. Please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to CONCORDE ELSALAM HOTEL CAIRO in the near future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was there due to delay in my flight and hotel was good but the staff and management they do not know how to deal with the customers they insist that I took some items from minibar and this is not true at all.
They have a receptionist called Mostafa and he is dealing with us with very bad hotel and also his duty manager.
Really I am so depressed from the way they deal with the customers.
I visited too many countries and too many hotels but I never thought that such 5 star hotel looks so bad like this.
No experience how to deal with customers.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo following your recent stay with us.

Our goal is to anticipate and exceed our guests' expectations, and it is through your positive and constructive feedback that we are able to constantly strive to improve our products and services.
I am sorry to learn about the shortfalls accrued during your stay, especially about the attitude of the receptionist, but please rest assured that your comment had been taken seriously in consideration by the hotel’s Management.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, with very nice staff..they offer free shuttle bus to the airport, every hr, very helpful..the front office guys, super..polite, professional and funny..we told them in advance that is our honeymoon, and they placed in our room a nice cake, with their compliments..nice touch..we were in other hotels around the world, with this occasion, and they didn't put in the room not even a flower..thank you..The rooms are clean, with comfy beds..They have horse club, where you can ride in a very large paddock..Thanks to Captain Sayeed and his staff, we had a nice time..
Would we stay again..Yes, definitely..
Thank You.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued guest,

Warm Greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo.

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking time to share your experience with the readers of Tripadvisor

We are delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff, it is a pleasure to read your appreciative words about the front Office staff, I will be sure to convey your kind compliments to them. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met, and who provide the quality of service we promise.

Our very best regards from Cairo from the entire team of Concorde El Salam and we do look forward welcoming you with us again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Our 4-night stay here was very comfortable and very enjoyable. The hotel is a little but far from the centre of Cairo, but almost makes up for it by being just 10 minutes from the airport (with a free hotel shuttle bus), and having so much on-site — six good restaurants and cafés, a great pool, horse riding, a (small) gym. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean, everything works well. The only criticism I'd have is that the wi-fi, while free, is very slow and keeps logging you out, so if you're trying to do some work it using Skype you have to log back in again using an 8-digit PIN number you'll never remember!

Overall, though, I'd very much recommend this hotel.

P.S. With regard to the Egyptian reviewer a few reviews back who felt badly treated, was asked for a marriage licence and a $600 blocking charge on his credit card bill: I can confirm that we are not Egyptian and we were not asked for a marriage licence (we've been married for 20 years and no one has asked us for one yet so we don't carry it around!) and the credit card block on our stay was $100.

• Stayed December 2013
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear valued Guest,

I am sorry to learn about the internet issue accrued during your stay , but please rest assured that your comment had been taken seriously in consideration by the hotel’s Management and a decision was taken to change the internet provider company in the near future to avoid such problem again.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to CONCORDE ELSALAM HOTEL CAIRO in the near future.

Zermatt, Valais, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Veery propper five star hotel, affordable for non 5 star budget clients.
Had all we needed and liked, friendly staff, great breakfast alread from 4.30 a.m. on... 10 min by free shuttle from the airport

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review CONCORDE ELSALAM HOTEL CAIRO following your stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel

Hope to welcome you back very soon whenever your travels bring you to Cairo

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed in the Concorde and the hotel was wonderful. But I had a terrible experience with the taxicabs that are allowed by hotel management to pick up guests. I wanted to see the Pyramids. I asked the concierge for a taxicab and I told him to drive me to the Pyramids. Instead the driver took me to a crime-mafia infested village beside the Pyramids and delivered me to his mafia boss. It was a scary experience to see the cab intercepted a number of times at the entrance to the village by thugs. The driver utters the name of the mafia boss and the thugs let us proceed. I found myself with my wife in a very precarious situation. I was asked for 1000 pounds for a carriage tour of the Pyramids that I didn't really want. I didn't know if I could have refused or what would have been the consequences if I did. In this village you feel in real danger. There was no sign of the police or authorities. I played it safe by bargaining the boss down to 800 pounds, but I couldn't understand how can the hotel allow a taxicab connected to such schemes pick up hotel guests? Only taxicabs registered with the hotel are allowed to pick up guests. The carriage was extremely uncomfortable and was driven against the traffic in the major Pyramids road, which was the only way to exit the village to the real Pyramids. If you want to see the pyramids be aware of this taxicab scheme. Tell the concierge that you don't want to be driven to Nazlet El Samman, where the mafia resides. Taxi driver name was Mahmoud Al Samman. He bragged that the village was his birthplace.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to learn about the bad experience accrued during your trip to the Pyramids, I ensure you that the hotel was not aware about the suspicious behavior of that taxi driver, otherwise we will never deal with him or allow him to put the hotel guests in such scary situations.

Reference to your compliant, the case was handed to the Tourism police and the hotel's security manager for investigation, and that driver was strictly prevented from entering the hotel at all. So we do kindly ask you if you could contact us directly on the hotel's email address to give us some information that could help on the investigation process.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt apology and I look forward to hear from you soon.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed with my family a wonderful stay at this hotel . I will bring my family again . the staff made us feel home . room service staff was very helpful smiley faces everywhere I enjoyed the indian food very much they have an indian chef . mostafa and nada from the reception was very helpful . shisha at testa rossa was amazing . excellent breakfast buffet .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and for staying at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo during your recent visit to Cairo.

It is very rewarding to know that we have succeeded in making your stay a memorable one and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff, your comments have been communicated to both of Nada and Mostafa.

So, on behalf of our entire staff here we would like to thank you and we hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Egypt.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Concorde El Salam Hotel? Share your experiences!