“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel Cairo to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ring Road- Mirage City | Heliopolis, Cairo 11757, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 131 hotels in Cairo
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Hotel is ok ,, alot to do there from restaurants to bars , Indoor pool is heated . Rooms are ok but service is perfect ,, the only problem was at the bathroom ,, from water drainage ,,,

Room Service are fast ,, Anyway it was just a single night ,,and we enjoyed it ,,,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel. I was very pleased to read the good comments about the team service.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Cairo in the near future.

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel was OK - nothing more. It has a pretty good location, but the rooms were very small, the matress was very very old, and the room wasn't quite as clean as I would expect.

The service was friendly enough, but there are better hotels for less in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you faced, The issues you have highlighted have already been discussed with our leades to take immediate action as it is not the usual standards of the hotel.

Meanwhile, I am pleased to read that you liked our service provided.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to invite you back in the future.

Port Said, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I came with my family and engoyed 2 nights in the hotel very nice place high serving and delicious food .. but my small complain is depending mainly on messages on TV to talk with with us that makes us loss alot of services and informations if we didnot read at time for any reason

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed her for a week in nov 2012. It was a very comfortable stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The service was also very nice. This marriot is close to the airport so its also convenient. The only problem is that you dont have many options to explore around the hotel.
Offers good variety of restaurants.
Recommeded for stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the higher floors to get a better view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your complimenting review on this forum!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

If I can be of any particular help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I spent a night there with my wife and it was terrible. JW Marriott is definitely the best hotel in Egypt - or one of the best - for events and public occasions; however, when it comes to staying there it was a different experience. The suites look old and out of touch. The service is crappy and always late. They didn't clean the room well before our arrival. It is expensive and overrated. I was disappointed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor.

Naturally, I am extremely disappointed and apologetic for the experience encountered during your recent stay with us.

All comments and feedback from our guests are acknowledged , hence I would be extremely grateful if I can be in touch with you directly to discuss in detail the highlighted issues.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ali.ahmed@marriotthotels.com
Luanda, Angola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. It is only 10-15 minutes to the airport in District V. But takes about an hour to get to the pyramids; 45 minutes to Mahdi; 75 minutes depending to Heliopolis. There hotel runs an airport shuttle but I didn't use it.

Security is very tight; sniffer dogs; searching the undersides of cars for bombs; opening your trunk to check luggage before allowing your car through to the hotel's entrance. Then to get into the lobby, you have airport type security with both your hand luggage, person and large suitcases being searched. It doesn't take long though and the service s very friendly and efficient.

The front desk is usually busy but they processed me quickly. I had a room on the Executive Floor and is was very comfortable with 2 Queen beds but not large. Internet was free (cable and WIFI) but slow, and sometimes cut out altogether. The gym is excellent and open 24 hours. Lots of restaurants to choose from and the breakfast buffet pricey at $40 but excellent.

Every staff member I came into contact with was polite and helpful and had obviously been well trained.

The one downside is that you aren't in a neighborhood to experience Cairo but in a rather sterile bubble. Convenient for business but tourists may want to go elsewhere. That said, I will stay here again, even though not on business.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it’s great to read so many positive comments about your stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable. I will pass on your positive comments to the team.

Thank you for choosing JW Marriott Cairo and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kindest regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I spent two nights with my family. This hotel is one of best hotels in cairo. It is 15 min from cairo int airport. It is on the ring road and close to suez Ismailia and Ain sokhna roads. The hotel is huge with swimming pool view and golf gardens view. The rooms are spacious with wide TV screen coffe and tea safe box and above all your white and clean cosy bath robe. However the sleeves were torn and needs repair. My daughter found a small insect cockrach in the bathroom which is catastrophe in such 5 stars hotel. Breakfast is fantastic variety of all tastes even Far East. I recommend it for travelers arriving to cairo.

Stayed December 2013
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations. at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Shaheen,

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Hotel Cairo for your recent stay.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us.

Thank you as well for your candid comments about our breakfast variety of choices, We are so proud to have one of the most exciting breakfast options in the area.

I will certainly be following up the inconvenience your daughter faced with our management team in order to avoid any reoccurrence of this situation and please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused.

We hope to see you returning to our wonderful hotel again soon, please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans.

Ali Ahmed
Director of Rooms Operations.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Cairo? Share your experiences!