“Excellent hotel near the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

You added JW Marriott Hotel Cairo to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ring Road- Mirage City | Heliopolis, Cairo 11757, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Cairo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent hotel near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this hotel for two times. In both times I enjoyed the large and well furnished rooms. The pool area is large and well designed. The breakfast and dinner were of excellent quality. The hotel has large halls for large meetings and conferences. The major advantage is being very close to the cairo airport.

• Stayed December 2012
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel in the near future.

Director of Rooms Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was my first time in Cairo, so i do not have any benchmark. It was for business reason, so the proximity to the airport, the great and friendly service and the big, cared room were my KPI. The food also was really good and the atmosphere around helped to feel more 'at home' in such a big hotel. given the traffic in Cairo i imagine it's not very practical for tourists who want to go and visit downtown, yet it's a very very good choice. I'll come back there.

Room Tip: I was on he 3rd floor and had a smoking room. Nice and big balcony on the swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear valued guest,

It is our absolute pleasure to receive such a positive comment about our services!

I trust you will rejoin us back soon, meanwhile please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance regarding you future bookings.

Sincere regards
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Rooms are good, service is good, pool is nice, some good restaurants, and the breakfast is great. The hotel is not far from the airport. An all-round good experience.

This hotel works for business travelers, families, couples or just a get-away with friends

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the JW Marriott Cairo.

I was very pleased to read the good comments about the team and the location of the hotel.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo in the near future.

Kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Cannot fault this hotel. Excellent friendly staff. Great decor and fantastic facilities. From the gym to the pools to the water slides. Rooms are beautiful and spotless. Very close to airport and shuttle bus runs. Various restaurants and all great. I would come again for business and pleasure

• Stayed September 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at JW Marriott Cairo on Trip advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Chicago, Illinois USA & Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our family lives in Cairo, Egypt as U.S. expat workers. We took one night to come here and swim with the kids. It was a fabulous stay. The lobby, valet parking, bell service, interior design, and everything was just so amazing!!! We appreciated the little attention to detail that the room had for us.

As Marriott elite members, we were welcomed by a specialist who gave us all the services we needed. We were presented with free internet access and a choice of our room details. We chose the high floor room, away from the elevator, with two double beds. Our family is two adults and 3 young children, so the two double beds helped. We also received a free extra rollaway bed for our third child. All of it was free.

The room had a modern, classic, theme with a slight Japanese flair to it. See our pictures. The bedding was comfortable. The room is carpeted and very clean (no rug stains). The work station desk is nice and big, and to my amazement, it had on the wall plugins to connect a computer to the main big screen TV. This was great because I was able to connect my laptop to the TV and show my kids a Disney film off my laptop on the big screen. This attention to detail is amazing. It even had a wall outlet adapter in the desk drawers. There is a nice armchair for reading, and the balcony overlooked the green golf course which was so nice. In the afternoon, it was shaded.

The pool is spectacular. It has a wave pool, a kids beach area, a separate normal outdoor pool, a kids splash pool, an infant/toddler beach pool, and a high water slide for the kids 6-12 years of age. My kids had an amazing time. The poolside food was also very tasty and filling.

This hotel has many excellent restaurants, but we had our car and went into town to the Citystars mall to eat. It's only about 30 minutes from the mall if you drive there or go by taxi.

We even had late checkout at 4pm, so we were able to really enjoy the pool and the beach. When we came back to our room at 3pm, housekeeping had still cleaned our room and made our beds (normally never happens if I check out on that day).

Our only one complaint (but a pretty serious one) was that our minibar fridge was not very cold. This is why I gave this 4-star review, not 5-star. When asked to get it fixed, the handyman showed up and said there is nothing wrong with it. It works. Yes, it works, but the temperature was very low. None of the drinks were cold. I believe it needs a new freon charge, but they did not acknowledge that for us. We brought special cheese/salami for our kids and stored it in the fridge, bc they have a special diet. But we were very weary of eating it. It was not cold and we worried that it would get spoiled. But the kids still ate it and some of them got bad stomachs. I'm not sure if it's the fridge or what, but I wished they would have fixed it when we requested to do so.

As for the bathroom, all I can say is that I wish this bathroom was my own master bathroom in my house. The marbled decor floor, the dark wood contour, the porcelain bathtub, and adjoining glass walled shower, toilet and separate bidet, and Japanese-style accessories with bath salts, Q-tips, loofah, plenty of towels, quality soap/shampoo/bathgel, two bathrobes, two slippers, and lots of space all made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable.

Just one thing to note: JW Marriott is far away from downtown and pyramids. It's on the other side of Cairo if you want to go to the pyramids. But it's a great place to stay, and if you're willing to hire a bus/taxi/car and be stuck in traffic awhile to get to the sites, then this is the place to stay, especially with kids. You need to schedule a whole day just to enjoy the beach pool.

We will probably be back for another family getaway very soon, but please recharge all your minibar fridge freon and make them cold!!! Thank you, JW Marriott!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with balcony on the golf course side for a shaded balcony in the afternoons/even...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel.

I was very pleased to read such positive comments about our Elite Ambassadors team dedicated only for our Elite members & the service provided by them and I will certainly pass your positive feedback.

Our aim is to make sure that all our guests have the most enjoyable stay and I am very pleased that we have achieved this.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Trip advisor users. Meanwhile, the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel in the near future.

Afion, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The best hotel in Cairo. Perfect rooms with, service is high standart, few restaurants with delicious cousine. Pleasant view from balcony, golf or the pool. The staff is very helpful. Located not far from airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo in the near future. Please feel free to contact me via the hotel and I will always be delighted to assist you with your reservations requirements.

My sincere regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently had the random pleasure of staying at this hotel. I normally stay a bit closer to downtown with work but as a result of the current political situation it was neccessary that I stay closer to the airport.

First impressions where wonderful. It had a very Vegas like feel. A grand propriety with opulent lobby's and even a wonderfully appointed water park. The bedrooms large with lovely open balconys overlooking the golf course and lakes. All in all very impressive.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the television had more than enough English language news and entertainment options, the bathroom was simply wonderful with very good products to use and all in all it was spotless. I was a little disappointed with the lighting as there was no master control meaning one had to walk all over the room switching lights off which had been left on by housekeeping.

Now the negatives, on two occasions despite having my do not disturb sign on my door and having the latch and chain in I found house keeping trying to enter my room. It was as if they where attempting forced entry as they where physically banging into the door. It eventually stopped.

I found the service by the pool staff to be terrible. Granted I was there on a friday and it was very busy with families however at approximately 3pm I asked a passing waiter for a food menu. I persistently asked and was told "it's coming" yet I observed him for the next 45 minutes serving other customers and indeed giving them what appeared to be his only menu. Eventually I gave up and went to the pool bar to ask. Once there I was told I should return to my deck chair and a waiter would be with me....no menus forthcoming. 15 minutes after this (an hour later and thoroughly fed up and starving) the waiter appeared, took my order and vanished. At 5 pm....2 hours after my initial request for the menu I saw the waiter again and told him to cancel my order as it still had not arrived and it was now time for dinner and not lunch. He had the cheek to give me the bill for food and drink I had not received in a timely manner and I refuse to sign it.

I then went to the bar on level 2 for a drink. 2 gin and tonics cost £40! SHOCKING! Unfortunately at the time we had not noticed but I can assure you I would not be buying a second round here. We also had dinner the Lemongrass restaurant. Extremely expensive for what we got. £50 for a bottle of red wine (that was the cheapest non-Egyptian wine) and the starter and main course (dim sum and a Szechuan chicken) came to about £40 in total per head. It was nice food but not exceptional.

If money and value are not issues for you I'm sure you would like this place, however the service although polite and courteous was somewhat hap hazard!

But still, an impressive looking property!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms over looking the pool area as it gets noisy during the day.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel on Trip advisor.

I will certainly be following up your feedback with the departments concerned in order to avoid any reoccurrence of these situations. I will ensure myself that the persons concerned are retrained and follow standards.

On a positive note thank you for highlighting the beauty of our property.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Director of Rooms Operations

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Cairo? Share your experiences!