“Pretty Good all round” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

You added JW Marriott Hotel Cairo to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ring Road- Mirage City | Heliopolis, Cairo 11757, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
4.5 of 5 stars 538 Reviews
York, United Kingdom
“Pretty Good all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Lovely room, again, with balcony, and large bathroom. Quite luxurious and with an English fee, though the public areas look more oriental which gives a pleasant and interesting balance. Pleasant staff. The Mirage Cafe's buffet has improved a lot in the last couple of years, though the service can still be a bit slow, especially if you're in a hurry. Airport meet-and-greet went well in difficult times, and I avoided the queue for immigration which looked as though it went on for ever. Quite a lot of unobtrusive security. Internet access included in my room rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your pleasant comments which I am very delighted to share with my team

If given such an opportunity we would be grateful to welcome you back to our hotel.

Should I be of any help, please feel free to contact me.

Director of Rooms Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are a huge international company and I got one of the most complicated payment procedures and agreements while dealing with the events team there.

But the good news here that everything goes perfect except some miscommunication and mistakes from their staff there but it didn't affect the business event so much.

But for the rooms, I guess our guests just enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback which we received through Trip advisor.

Feedback such as this is important to the success of our hotel and I am glad you have brought your concerns to our attention.

I am glad to know as well that “ everything went perfect” as you mentioned and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed at the Marriott for one night but from the point I arrived at the airport through to check in was totally seamless, I was met at the airport before passport control by the rep who dealt with my visa, passport control and transport to the hotel.

Check in experience was also good, and the room is large, very large. I enjoyed an evening dinner at the steak house, and both the service and quality of food was excellent, unfortunately I did not have time to check the rest of the facilities of the hotel, maybe I will during the next trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact me via the hotel and I will always be delighted to assist you with your reservations requirements.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott for two weeks in June, 2013 on business.

Pros:
- The facilities are wonderful. In particular, the pools and the gym are absolutely spectacular.

- The service was generally pretty good. The breakfast buffet (see below) was the lone exception. The room service delivery staff was top-notch.

Cons:
- Wedding Central!! I am not kidding - there were 10 wedding ceremonies in the hotel over the two weeks that I stayed at the hotel.

- Can be very loud at times. The wedding parties seem to stay in the hotel and like to be loud. If you are someone who likes to go to be at 10pm, this is not the hotel for you! PS - security will do nothing about this. I called at 1am and was told that the noise level was fine and that I could move rooms if I needed to. In addition, the road noise is noticeable, if you are used to quiet.

- Bad service at the breakfast buffet. The waiters will bring you the check as soon as you sit down, without offering you even coffee or tea first. The lone exception was a lady named Rehab, who was generally quite good. The rest of the wait staff at the buffet seemed more concerned with getting your $25 for the buffet and kicking you out. This was noticed by several members of my group as well.

- The location is bad for any sort of sightseeing. It is very convenient to the airport, but the drive to any of the tourist sights will take 45 minutes at least.

- For some reason, my room (3111) did not have a shower. After two weeks, I was getting REALLY tired of taking baths. Please note that some of the rooms (as confirmed by others in my group) did have showers. I have no idea why this was the case.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying at the JW Marriott Hotel Cairo and even more for your kind feedback.

I have taken your comments on board and have spoken with our Restaurant Manager who is monitoring our associates behavior more proactively to maintain the ambience to enjoy dinning with us.

For all your future visits, please feel free to contact me in advance so that I can personally ensure you get the best room in the category booked.

But whether for business or pleasure, a stay at the JW Marriott Cairo- undeniably one of the finest hotels in Cairo- is your guarantee of a truly classic and luxurious experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was simply magnificent. Had a beautiful lobby and several restaurants. My room was top notch and the bed was very comfy. The golf course was one of the funnest I've plaid and the hotel bar has a spectacular two for one happy hour. I went to Egypt for business, and I would love to go back just to stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: I'm not sure what wing it is, but if you look left of the check-in counter, there's a hallwa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your complimenting review on this forum!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

If I can be of any particular help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Close to the airport,in Mirage City, so away from the traffic chaos of downtown Cairo (although traffic still pretty bad near the hotel). Wonderful setting with beautiful gardens (actually a golf course) - you wouldn't know you were in Cairo. Excellent food, especially breakfast buffet, although there were plenty of people puffing away on cigarettes while eating so if you're a non-smoker make sure you get a table far away from the smoke. JW Steakhouse very good, although staff somewhat over-enthusiastic, and wine very over-priced. Great room, loads of space, loads of power points, lovely view, but a very long way from the main hotel

Room Tip: Near the main building if you don't want a long hike
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your endorsing comments about our hotel!

If I can be of any particular help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly .

Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent location for business. Very close to Cairo airport. Very efficient staff always trying to assist to the best of their abilities. Nice view on the golf course. City view rooms not recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on Trip advisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you appreciated its location.

I will pass on your positive comments to the team.
Director of Rooms Operations

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Cairo? Share your experiences!