“A 5 star oasis in the heart of Cairo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

You added JW Marriott Hotel Cairo to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ring Road- Mirage City | Heliopolis, Cairo 11757, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #14 of 134 Hotels in Cairo
Miraflores - SPAIN
“A 5 star oasis in the heart of Cairo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

On my travels yet again , I stayed overnight at the JW Marriott hotel in Cairo prior to me travelling to Alexandria the next day Everything about the Marriott is grand , checking in was quick and easy and my room had a excellent view overlooking the pool beach water resort, my room was very clean , modern and designed to a excellent finish .
The hotel has everything , swimming pool resort , 18 hole golf course , shops , sports center , health spa and beautifully laid out resteraunts catering for all tastes .I couldn't comment about everything in the hotel ( because i was only there one night ) but the hotel website would give you a more detailed review on what the hotel has to offer.
The hotel staff were very polite and are there if you need assistance ,during my stay I ordered room service the system for ordering was simple and within 20 mins my meal was at my door . But I do have to emphasise that YES the Marriott is a excellent hotel but when paying $250 a night you would expect that.
On my travels over the last year I have stayed in real luxury and the JW Marriott ticks all them boxes but on the other side of the coin I have stayed in places where a 1 star rateing is being generous .
Life's too short to try and find things that are wrong , people's tastes / likes are different if I don't see it or it's not going to bother me .......... Why let it spoil your holiday .

Driving or being driven in Cairo is a experience I would like to share with you , I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel the taxi driver told me it was about 30 kilms away and should take about 25 / 30 mins to drive .
To say the drive was an experience you would be right , after about 10 mins in the car i was quietly thanking a person i had never met .....that person was the inventor of the car seat belt and on quiet a few occasions during my drive I was praying .....but being British " stiff upper lip "and all that I soldiered on .
There is only one rule for driving around Cairo and that is drive fast and pray the other drivers are as crazy as yours !,,,,
3 lanes on the road means nothing if the driver sees a gap even an inch he his going for it .You can pass on the right / left / hard shoulder anywhere but it's more fun doing this fast .
My taxi driver got lost 5 times , on one memorable moment he stopped his taxi on the hard shoulder because he realised he was on the wrong road . He told me not to worry he had a plan ( then I started to worry ) I'm thinking well the next road turn off will be a few klms down the road he wanted to make my driving experience more memorable he started reversing his taxi down the hard shoulder for a bout a mile and Yes you've guessed it he did it FAST .
The only thing keeping my sanity in check was when I eventually do get to the hotel I will be able to drink alcohol . After an hour we found the hotel " it was a magical moment seeing the big JW Marriott sign on top of the hotel " he dropped me off at the hotel , i thanked him for the extra sight seeing tour of Cairo ......... And before I could say " good driving " he was off .....and so was I to the bar .
All in all the JW Marriott is well worth the stay ,you pay for the 5 stars and you get value for your money .Driving or being driven around Cairo is just another special gem to remember your holiday by and share with your family and friends when you get home .

Room Tip: Wear your seat belt .
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sendai, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We usually spend a quick weekend escape at there, staff are perfect, room are perfect, pools are perfect, even the pool by fast food are great. This hotel is one of the most luxurious hotels in Egypt, and we really enjoy our time at there! Maybe it's a bit expensive, but you won't regret the experience. It's truly a Marriott!

Room Tip: Book the pool view room, it's a bit expensive but away better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed at the JW Marriott on a couple of business trips to Cairo. Its a comfortable hotel with a choice of good restaurants on site, an excellent business centre and a range of meeting and conference rooms for any size of party. The lounge and bar area in the evening has a nice atmosphere with occasional evening entertainment in the form of singers. The only downside, you could be anywhere in the world.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the JW Marriott Cairo on Trip Advisor.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. Thanks for your kind comments about our Restaurants, Business Center and conference rooms.

We hope to see you returning to our wonderful city again soon, please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans.

Many Thanks,
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is my 3'rd stay at JW marriot , Really this hotel has everything that the word "luxury" can describe , Rooms are very tastefully decorated with very luxurious furniture , the bathroom is also like a royal Bathroom , HUGE LCD tv with 100 channels!!!! , including premium channels like Disney channel and OSN ,
The hotel has a real sandy beach with a wavy pool like you are in a sea!!! , also has two pools , one of them contains beautiful waterfalls with kids slides , the other pool also a huge one opens 24 hr! , there is also a water games in the pools and kids clubs

JW marriot makes you feel you left Egypt and went to Las vegas with it's huge hotels , this hotel has a huge lobby with many shops and restaurants like the top restaurant in Egypt (The Italian restaurant , and also there is middle eastern and sushi restaurants

hotel itself is very beautiful with many gardens and sculptures

Staff are super friendly from the bell man to the Receptionist and waiters.

Only one Drawback that this hotel is VERY far from any attractions , so anyone thinks of walking out of the hotel he'll find himself on a high way with many cars , no shops no restaurants no anything at all , so if you want to go to any attraction like Pyramids it shall take 1 hour + !

The Food is amazing , we ate before in the italian restaurant with feeling like u're in italy , the restaurant was amazing

also we ordered Burgers at the Beach which was very delicious by VERY pricey , 400 EGP for four burgers.

also the Accommodation is very pricey , 400$ for a night!! , I think New York is cheaper!

Though , the hotel is the best in Egypt :)

Thanks for all JW Marriott staff

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel, it is very rewarding for both the team and I to receive your feedback.

At the JW Cairo, each member of our team care passionately about the experiences of our guests, and I am so pleased you had the opportunity to experience our hospitality for yourself.

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our luxuriously furnished suite, our famous Beach, pools, and outlets, and most importantly the service in our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and should you require any assistance please feel free to contact me directly to take care of all your arrangements.

Warm Regards,
Parsippany, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of days at the end of our Egypt trip and this is a perfect place if you want to stay close to the airport and avoid the city traffic. It is a luxury hotel and the rooms are well maintained . The location is a bit remote from the city attractions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and candid feedback

I am very pleased to hear that you had a good time with us and assure you of this standard to expect on all your future visits with us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back, where you are invited to experience our hospitality time and time again.

Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at a number of times, very well maintained and secure compound. There are a number of restaurants(Steak House/Italian/Far Eastern/Middle Eastern) onside and a cafe that caters most everything from each of the four restaurants and the room service. Only thing which is a little annoying is that you have to plan to order food in advance or you will be stuck waiting for food - that's right if you order from the room service it takes approximately 45 minutes for food to arrive and while it is clearly stated in the menu but still 45 minutes for something onsite?

The two pools and the artificial beach are nice and clean, there is a waterfall and a water slide too. a kids water play area - and a covered/air conditioned kids toy land sort of play area. Tennis courts/soccer field and the gold course.

All in all a good value, while there are other places which are probably better but this hotels close proximity to the airport and others close proximity to the down town core makes this one more ideal.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the "beach" are nosier because they face the highway (Ring Road).
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken on post this review which will indeed help other travelers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in Cairo.

If any of you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincere regards,
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This place is amazing for a family. They have so much activities for the children . The hotel itself is super chic , the rooms are of top quality. They have one big pool that stays open till 11:00 pm, and they have a beach area with three pools for kids that stays open till 6:00 pm. The beach area is amazing, which also includes a kids club that stays open till 11:00 pm. The breakfast at the executive lounge is just perfect. The hotel stuff are very friendly and helpfull and always with a smile. The Italian restaurant is one of the top in Cairo . This is my first time but definitely not the last one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel, we are always looking to be one step ahead and assist our guests with every request that they may have.

I eagerly hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel soon.

Sincere regards,
Director of Rooms Operations

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Cairo? Share your experiences!