Have tried most of the 5 stars in Cairo but the Marriott is my favourite. It's not quite the smartest or swishest but its rooms are very comfortable and all have large balconies overlooking the beautiful gardens and pool. Pros are the location in zamalek, a safe and relatively quiet area with a host of excellent restaurants, cafes and bars within walking distance; the wonderful garden cafe; comfortable beds; and its friendly and mostly professional staff. I also find them very generous with late check outs!
Only cons, and these are not major, are the old CRT TVs in many rooms, the very high prices charged in the hotel's restaurants, and the breakfast buffet, which is not the best.
For those wanting more affordable drinks and snacks than in the hotel mini bar, there is an excellent wine and beer shop Drinkies just outside the zamalek entrance on 26th July street and also a nearby petrol station with a mini supermarket.
Recommended nearby restaurants are Bodega, Aubergine and Trattoria.
Overall a good choice, which is why I keep coming back, despite the cheaper and newer alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Cairo