“Good room, close to the Nile” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi

You added Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche Al Nil | PO Box 217, Cairo 11431, Egypt (Formerly Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #63 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
“Good room, close to the Nile”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights for business. Room is clean and welcome fruits during arrival. Use the hotel meet and assist at the airport. They helped on my visa on arrival. Check in is smooth. Internet is free and paid options. User the free one but have to say bandwidth is limited. Intermittent if you want to make videocall such as facetime. Tried multiple device log in. No issue. Once you check out, the connection will be refused as it need the guest name and room number. Suprised that sime staffs recognised me by 1st name at the reception and during breakfast. Nice one! There arr 2 doors, back and at the front by nile. If you want the groceries store and fast food, back door will lead to those shops along Missr El Helwan road. Oooh there is bank by Little Italian at Lobby level should you need to change the money.

• Stayed October 2013
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cairo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed one night for business. They have free and premium internet access. Even with the premium one, I had trouble downloading a medium size file. The room is nice, but the bathroom might be improved. The hotel staff is friendly.
Over all, I recommend it!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Mr. OLIVER ALBU,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to the internet service and the bathroom equipments, at Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us, as we are working on your comments.

South Shields
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed there for a conference in September. Very friendly staff. And honest - after we checked out they came looking for my friend who had left some money in the key pouch!
No problems at all, conference facilities and buffet lunches very, very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Sincerely
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you are looking for an unspectactular 5*star hotel in Cairo with all ameities it has to offer, then this might be your choice. The rooms are rather old fashioned, but clean at least, the pool predominated by the passing road, the view across the Nile river is very nice at least. The best certainly was the dutch speaking driver, who took me around Cairo and defended me from the everywhere present tourist catcher. Do not miss the breakfast!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was staying twice here. Location is very good, close to my office. Nice small rooms. Service is very good, no any complains. Nice option is a swimming pool with a Nile view. Not many ppl there. Nice music, quiet place. Also they have casino, only for foreigners.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Mrs.Nadine

doha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

On the positive side:
Location is excellent with a superb view of the Nile.
Very nice balcony and spacious rooms.
Very comfortable beds.
On the negative side:
the bathrooms need some attention particularly the hot water.
Also the breakfast is definitely not a Sofitel one, very poor in variety and quality of food.
No hotel private parking, but the municipality one is very close although it could be crowded sometimes.
And one really serious problem is the noise insulation of the rooms, you can sometimes hear conversations in the adjacent rooms and with some noisy neighbors it can be impossible to sleep.

• Stayed August 2013
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Sameh ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies; I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to bathroom , hot water and Breakfast food vairety .

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been in Sofitel maadi first time in Cairo for business, it was recommended to me by a friend. First impression not awesome, small room and old furniture but I didn't care I wasn't have time to spend in my room. The employees are friendly but need more training. I'm not irritated person, quality manager called me third day of my arrival he asked me some questions about stay, I talked to him about some suggestions to enhance the hotel equipment's specially the hotel has a good location on the nile .he is a good listener and very decent person once I told him that I like fruits he has sent to me a big fruit basket with winsome flowers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies; I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to the room .
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Concerning the positive points I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Been to Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi? Share your experiences!