“easy location but outside the center of cairo” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi

You added Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche Al Nil | PO Box 217, Cairo 11431, Egypt (Formerly Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Cairo
Rennes, France
“easy location but outside the center of cairo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very nice Nil view from pool terrasse
breakfast buffet is great ; this hotel is new, nice and confortable except you can hear a phone ringing in the room next to yours ; At night , in the restaurant and loundge , you feel that you are alone in the hotel , probably because it is a new one ...it seems that sofitel downtown the city not fare from the square is better to enjoy the city !

Room Tip: Nil view is nice , select a higher floors to reduce the impact of te noisy boulevard infront of the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TGassner, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel, actually the hotel is 23 years old, and the hotel was more quite due to the public holydays in that period,
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cairo.
GASSNER Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Usually stay as it is so convenient for our business affairs. The exterior is not the best but the interior makes up for it to some extent. Pool area is great and a wonderful view of the Nile and you can watch the sun setting near the Pyramids in the distance. Rooms are ok, the highlight being the extremely comfy beds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TGassner, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel concerning our rooms and pool area.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cairo

Thoma GASSNER
springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Arrived at the hotel and check in was fast and friendly. I had to wait about 10 minutes for my room despite it being booked a week in advance and the hotel ccupancy wwas low.
Found the room adequete and everything worked. Bathroom clean and stocked with everything you would expect. Soap ,towells and tissue.There was a small leak from the toilet system and the plug in the bidet did not rise and fall as it should. The TV reception was not too good.
I had a room on the back of the hotel and the view from the balcony was awfull ,derelict run down buildings. But not every one uses the balcony only smokers I suppose.I free internet is not fast and the premium high speed internet is not much faster. Youtube videos keep buffering.
I found the bed very comfetable and the pillows were excellant.
The pool area is very nice on the second floor balcony and happy hour between 1700 and 1800hrs is great 2 beers for the price of 1. Very pleasent views of the Nile from the pool balcony.
The dining room is clean and food good both breakfast and diner was presented well.
There is also a casino which I did not visit and a bar with snacks available close to the reception.
Close to the hotel is a large supermarket and a TGI Fridays on a boat on the Nile. Inside the hotel there is a business center , Hair dressers, bank with ATM amongst other places. I would stay there again as it is in a good location for Maadi businesses.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TGassner, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
you enjoyed the room bed and the dinning room,We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologise for the small leak in the toilet system, Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Thomas Gassner
edinburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The room was fair, nothing more. The furniture was tired but room was of a reasonable size.

I expect to be on guard against being ripped off by touts, taxi drivers etc. but it was a real disappointment to be caught out by what was supposed to be one of the more respectable chains.

I made the foolish error of not double checking the price of a corona at the bar and ended up being whacked with a bill of 70 L.E. (£7.50) each. This more than twice the price of a Heineken from the minibar.

I used the concierge service to take a trip to Giza. After 5 mins in the car I got a call about a work emergency and asked the taxi to turn back. I agreed with the driver that I would pay something despite not taking the trip. Upon returning to the hotel I gave them my name and room as I was in a rush to leave for work. Despite this I was followed by a posse of hotel staff demanding hundreds of pounds for the 10 minutes of time I wasted. I was hassled from the entrance to my room and back. At this point I needed to leave but was hounded to the door as they were unwilling to give me an hours grace and let me clear the matter up upon my return.

It is the small things that add up such as returning to my room to find the ceiling tills and lights had not been replaced or that the room service bring drinks but do not carry a bottle opener.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TGassner, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at [Hotel name]. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologize for the concierge issue, Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

A nice reception area lures you into a hotel that is clearly in need of some money spent on it. The rooms are comfortable enough (indeed an excellent bed), when the air conditioning works properly. Most items from the room when used are never replaced despite asking, the TV is severly lacking in available channels, the furniture is very tired looking, the light bulbs occasionally explode out of their sockets. The staff themselves are a mixed bag, they often seem bemused at what they should be doing - they may appear helpful and understanding but it may take several compalints before anything is actually done......at breakfast they congragate and often ignore the guests and once you get their attention (usually when you have finished eating) you may be lucky enough to get a coffee. The saving grace for this hotel is it has an excellent location.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front suffer from a high level of road noise 24 hours a day but have the best view over...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TGassner, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments,We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi. We do take all
comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologise for the unsatisfied experience you faced in the room or during Breakfast time.
Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our ervice.
Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Bad service all waiting for just tips managment are totaly abcent tv channels v poor no daily follow up every day u have to call for missing either shower gel or cotton buds or whatever!!!! the furniture is v old and mostly broken ?????food looks nice but waite till u taste it !!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments, We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi . We do take all
comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get
If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to H1526@sofitel.com so I may address it with you directly.

Aberdeen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is rated as five star however with my experiences I would struggle to give it two stars especially for service. I have had several issues with my room and it is a chore to get things like light fittings and air conditioning fixed. It's worse trying to get them to replace used items such as soap or tea bags. Breakfast is good if you like sticky buns but the other selections leave a lot to be desired. I will say the location is great if you are doing business in Maadi and I found the Italian restaurant to be very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Italian Restaurant and breakfast buffet,
We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologize for the miscommunication with the issues in the room, Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
Thomas GASSNER

Been to Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi? Share your experiences!