“Good Place To Stay In Cairo” 4 of 5 stars

InterContinental Cairo Semiramis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche El Nil | PO Box 60, Cairo 11511, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% Off Room Rates!
Ranked #10 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Good Place To Stay In Cairo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Due to the current situation in Cairo, the rates are good and the availibility is also good. I stayed in a king bed Nile view room with breakfast and was not disappointed. The room was nice, the view was great and the breakfasts were excellent.

The staff were very helpful and freely gave advice on Cairo. I recommend using the hotel car for transport to and from the airport and locally. While more expensive than a taxi, you are at least quoted a price and are freed from the relentless haggling for everything everywhere in Cairo that I found extremely tiring. I tried the hotel bar which is good and the Italian restaurant, which I enjoyed very much.

The one critical thing I would mention is the hours for the hotel pool, which are 9 am to sunset - exactly when guests would be out touring. I was very disappointed that I was not able to use the pool after a long day out or before bed. The reason for this is hard to comprehend and I find the hours for the pool not reasonable or normal for a hotel of this quality.

I do however recommend this property and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Take the Nile view room.....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This place has comfortable rooms, friendly staff and great restaurants. I must say that the breakfast buffet at this hotel is epic. Never quite seen another spread so lavish and tasty. Tried two restaurants during my stay and the coffee shop. Was happy with all the meals.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a Business trip.
The hotel is 5 star luxury. Situated in Cairo on the Nile.
The staff are friendly and very helpful, check in was swift.
The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable.
In the room there was a kettle, tea, coffee, room safe, mini bar with contents. 1 bottle of complimentary water, bathrobe, slippers.
Large TV with Plenty of English TV channels to choose from.
In the bathroom there was all Elemis products and bathroom scales.
24 hour room service and the choice of food was very good, catering for all tastes.
There was a swimming pool on the 4th floor with sunbeds and towels provided.
The hotel could provide a car and driver to take you to wherever you needed to go.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear AnnieCat60,

Thank you for posting the review of your stay during April. I am glad knowing that you did enjoy your stay and that the hotel was up to your expecations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back where all effort will be exerted to make you and your partner happy during your stay at the Semiramis InterContinental Hotel.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent one night at the hotel and I really appreciated everything starting from the check in which was very fast and very helpful for selecting the room that suits my family. The room is very luxurious with the Egyptian authentic touch and with very comfortable size. The view is really a breath taking over the amazing Nile; we spent most of the time in the terrace just enjoying the view and the perfect weather. The breakfast buffet was one of the best with all types of food starting from the traditional Egyptian specialties to the fresh fruits and juices and the most friendly staff I have seen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Gigo_13,

Thank you very much for your review of your last stay at our hotel. It is our main target at the Semriamis Hotel to ensure that our guests are comfrotable and enjoying their stay. I am pleased reading, through your kind words, that you and your family had a good time and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

I remain

Αθήνα
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Traveled to Cairo on Green Monday. Reached to hotel after 3 hours of hassle because of demonstrations in Tahrir square. The hotel was damaged and closed , we called them and told us : nothing happens you can come through the back door. The hotel manager lied he putting our lives in danger. The behavior of the hotel ( five star !!! ) were mildly unacceptable. I hope dont have other visitors the same horrible experience !!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ArsiGiannelou,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, during your stay, the hotel witnessed unrest incidents that affected the course of events. In such circumstances, the safety of our guests takes precedence over anything else and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and your partner during such critical times.

I wish also to assure you that what you encountered did not represent our InterContinental values with which the hotel team is keen to serve all our guests.

I am looking forward to welcome you again where no effort will be spared to provide you with a memorable experience.

Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with the most comfortable beds and the crispest white cotton sheets that we experienced in our 18 day tour of Egypt. It also had the best breakfast of our 18 days and a 24 hour coffee shop. Room service was prompt and polite and all the staff spoke English and were extremely friendly and helpful. We loved our view of the Nile and the city out to the pyramids.

Unfortunately, the location is not safe for westerners at the moment because it is located near the British and US embassies. We stayed two nights to recover from our long plane trip before moving to Giza to start our 18 day tour.
The protesters were outside chanting and throwing items at police until 3am both nights, so we didn't get much sleep. We could only leave the hotel in a taxi. We were supposed to stay at the hotel for two nights after our 18 day tour, unfortunately, the hotel was damaged due to the protests, so we had to fi d a safer environment.

Under more normal conditions, this hotel would be an ideal location in Cairo.

• Stayed March 2013
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear sandramaybarker,

Thank you for posting your review of your March-stay. Unfortunately, during your stay, the hotel witnessed unrest incidents that affected the course of events and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during such critical times.

Thank you for your kind words on service and hotel product. I wish to assure you that what you encountered did not represent our InterContinental values with which the hotel team is keen to serve all our guests.

Schwyz, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

With a friend I was for four nights in Cairo in late December. The hotel was a very good choice which we never regretted.

The situation in Egypt, especially Cairo, was a bit critical, but we always felt safe in the hotel. We’re both 25 and it was our first trip to a country in Northern Africa. The staff was very accommodating and was always available for some advice.

The swimming pool area is very comfortable as it was the spa.

Our room was very spacious and we were very satisfied with the bathroom. I think it is worth to book a room with Nile view, this was great.

We had dinner three times in the Italian restaurant. Not because we don’t know anything else but because the service was really great and the food was delicious from appetizer to dessert. Especially the New Year's Eve atmosphere with Nile view and beautiful decor was fantastic. I think the hotel deserves more guests and I hope that the situation is going to change soon.

As already mentioned in other reviews the hotel is very close to Tahrir Square.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear AdiK1987,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay in December. Reading through your comments, I am glad that you and your friend enjoyed your first time visit to Cairo and the hotel. It gives me a great pleasure knowing that you enjoyed our service and facilities. I will sure pass your kind words to swimming pool, health club and the Pane Vino teams.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your friend back in near future.

sherif.abourida@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental Cairo Semiramis? Share your experiences!