This is a great hotel in a good location with helpful staff and I'd recommend it usually. At present I would recommend carefully checking the situation locally as on my most recent stay at the end of January i decided to leave after it was attacked by protestors. That said the hotel staff were very helpful with this and it will hopefully only be temporary. I've stayed near here a number of times over the last two years and this is the first time I've experience trouble but the hotel is very near Tahrir sq so as long as protests continue there is the potential for the property to be affected.
In short check before travel but if things are fine definitely stay in this nice and well located Nile side hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis Hotel
- Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis Hotel Cairo
- Intercontinental Cairo
- Semiramis Hotel Cairo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC LEGENDS ON THE BANKS OF THE NILE Standing on the site of the historic Semiramis Hotel, Semiramis InterContinental Cairo is a symbol of modern style. Located in the heart of the city centre, facing the River Nile, the hotel is close to the Egyptian Museum, the Cairo Opera House and the Cairo Tower. The Citadel, Old Cairo, downtown shops and commercial centre are nearby. The Giza Pyramids and Cairo International Airport are just 25 km (16 miles) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Cairo Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.