What a great time to visit Cairo and a great time to stay at the Intercontinental! Stayed for 3 nights in a club level room and could not have been happier. This is a tough time for tourism in Cairo: visitors are down and everyone is struggling for business. We were well-treated at the Intercontinental, got a great rate, and could not have been happier with the room, service and the club level breakfast and happy hour. The room is decorated in a more European style, not particularly trendy today, but was very comfortable and had a luxe feel. The hotel overlooks Tahrir Square and the Nile (our room had a Nile view.) The concierge was always pleasant and helpful. The breakfast is top notch....lots of variety and very fresh and delicious food. This hotel is in a great location, a short walk to the Egyptian Antiquities Museum...the big must-see. Also close to the garden city area and the Four Seasons. Dined in the Italian Food restaurant and the food was very good, the service excellent. I am a big fan of the Intercontinental chain generally. I find that they tend to be well-located, great service and well-priced. Security is high at this hotel, which I appreciate.
Occupancy does not seem particularly high, given the uncertainty in Egypt now. So go visit!
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis Hotel Cairo
- Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis Hotel
- Intercontinental Cairo
- Semiramis Hotel Cairo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC LEGENDS ON THE BANKS OF THE NILE Standing on the site of the historic Semiramis Hotel, Semiramis InterContinental Cairo is a symbol of modern style. Located in the heart of the city centre, facing the River Nile, the hotel is close to the Egyptian Museum, the Cairo Opera House and the Cairo Tower. The Citadel, Old Cairo, downtown shops and commercial centre are nearby. The Giza Pyramids and Cairo International Airport are just 25 km (16 miles) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your InterContinental Cairo Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.