It was clean and comfortable, and in an excellent location. Walking distance of the Egyptian Museum. Metro was less than 5 minutes walk. Many reastaurants in the hotel and in the area. Easy to get taxis. Shisha at the hotel was very good.
The management could have been more accomodating. My wife and I arrived early from Alexandria and wanted to have an early check in - while the hotel allowed us to do so, they made us pay for the early check in. Also, we asked if it was possible to upgrade to a nile facing room, however, the hotel said that this would have been at an extra cost. I felt given that the hotel was not near full at the time of our stay, they could have accomodated us with the early check in and the upgrade at no extra cost (or at least one of the two). These niceties make all the difference and separates big hotels from its competitors. I was also made to go down to reception on the second day with my passport, as for some reason both our key cards were deactivated. I won't necessarily recommend the InterContinental Cairo Semiramis as it has not distinguished itself to me, and friends and family could try other good hotels in the area like the 4 Seasons or the Sofitel and have a similar experience.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis Hotel
- Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis Hotel Cairo
- Intercontinental Cairo
- Semiramis Hotel Cairo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC LEGENDS ON THE BANKS OF THE NILE Standing on the site of the historic Semiramis Hotel, Semiramis InterContinental Cairo is a symbol of modern style. Located in the heart of the city centre, facing the River Nile, the hotel is close to the Egyptian Museum, the Cairo Opera House and the Cairo Tower. The Citadel, Old Cairo, downtown shops and commercial centre are nearby. The Giza Pyramids and Cairo International Airport are just 25 km (16 miles) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel, Olotels, Expedia, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental Cairo Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.