In November 2012 we stayed at the Semiramis for three nights following a two-week cruise through the Mideast. The location is perfect, adjacent to Tahrir Square and the Egyptian Museum, and offers a gorgeous view of the Nile. Cairo is a city that never sleeps with active night life, intense traffic, and lots of noise. We loved being able to step out on our balcony and look out over the frenetic life below yet, with the heavy drapes closed, it was blissfully quiet and serene. Our room was spacious and well-equipped.
The hotel offers free wi-fi in the lobby along with shopping, cocktail lounge with live music, casino for non-Egyptians, and several restaurants. We especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Night and Day restaurant where there is an amazing selection of fresh juices, the pita bread is hot from the oven (the lady who bakes the bread is especially sweet and friendly), and the fresh fruit and vegetables are very tasty.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis Hotel
- Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis Hotel Cairo
- Intercontinental Cairo
- Semiramis Hotel Cairo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC LEGENDS ON THE BANKS OF THE NILE Standing on the site of the historic Semiramis Hotel, Semiramis InterContinental Cairo is a symbol of modern style. Located in the heart of the city centre, facing the River Nile, the hotel is close to the Egyptian Museum, the Cairo Opera House and the Cairo Tower. The Citadel, Old Cairo, downtown shops and commercial centre are nearby. The Giza Pyramids and Cairo International Airport are just 25 km (16 miles) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your InterContinental Cairo Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.