“I had a great time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“I had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis is a great hotel with great services offered by a great staff selection ! My friends and I did enjoy our time at the hotel with the awesome rooms Nile view and the perfectly clean Health club offering various spa services ! Pool area is also magnificent. End of story,I totally recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to enjoy whether his weekend or his trip to Cairo.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Marc L, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear Mahmoud_93,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you and your friends enjoyed our hotel and its facilities during your stay.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back to the Semiramis in the near future.

615 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

-Super clean
-Great downtown location
-Very nice staff - everything you expect from a 5 star hotel

Recommendation: Due to lack to travellers to Cairo, do ask for a room upgrade (Nile view or higher floor) - they will most likely grant you the request.

Cairo itself: was very safe, never ever did we feel threatened or uneasy security wise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andychung 316,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo and the City. It was my pleasure reading that you and your partner enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Great Hotel with great services by great staff.
Everythging is arranged professionaly before my arrival as usual and this hotel really represents the egyptian people warm.
My family really enjoyed the experience.

I feel that hotel is keen to upgrda their sercives

Room Tip: Gigh Floor Suite with Nile View
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ebrahem A,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you and your family enjoyed this stay as well at our hotel.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Thanx for all lma waslt el ast2bal kan 7alw gadn wa el room Kant nadefa gadn wa moghza mn kol 7aga el ftar kan zaref awiii wa ka3t el 7aflat to7fa wa el 7'dma Kant very good fa3ln I was happy bagd thanx for all staff in hotel

Dear Remon M,

It was my pleasure reading (after I got your Francoarab script translated into English :) that you and your friends enjoyed the InterContinental experience; the room, food, banquet room and service.

cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I spend a good night there with my friends .. i enjoyed my prom in cleopatra ballroom with an excellent service and staff .
check in and check out was friendly , smiling and speed .
rooms were clean and great .
Hotel staff in general are professional and friendly
Semiramis will be always our favorite hotel in cairo / egypt .

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny special suites on nile view
Dear ahmed s,

It was my pleasure reading that you and your friends enjoyed the stay and the prom that took place in The Cleopatra ballroom.

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed many times at Semiramis and I always have the same feedback: Rooms are spacious and clean, staff are friendly and helpfull but the food is so so. I guess i have a problem with food in Egypt in general, so maybe its more personal than against the hotel. I go there for business but it looks like more a touristic hotel than a business one. However, in general it is a good one.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Pia a,

It was my pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel during your business trip in June 2011.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Makati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Visited Cairo for 4 days mid April and we were given a room on the 9th floor with an amazing view of the Nile River. The room is spacious and the King sized bed had the most comfortable mattress and down pillows! I had the most restful sleep after a day of touring. The hotel has a Thai restaurant (Bird Cage) that had delicious food that we had dinner there twice. Security is tight because everyone, including guests, are thoroughly checked every time we enter the hotel. The breakfast buffet has mediterranean, arabic and continental fare and it was delicious! The breads are freshly baked, the fruit juices are natural, and the staff is quick to respond to your needs. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Cairo

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mitzel,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager (marc.lambert@ihg.com) and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo.

It was my pleasure reading that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel during April.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you all back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Marc

Been to InterContinental Cairo Semiramis? Share your experiences!