“Great place for grilled food, excellent food and value” 5 of 5 stars

126 El Azhar St., Cairo, Egypt
Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 3,909 Restaurants in Cairo
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place for grilled food, excellent food and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a place my local business contact took me to when I asked about BBQ food. It does not seem to be a place frequented by overseas travelers ( I don’t see any reviews here), but it seems to be a well known place by the locals. I kept 1 of their menu after the first visit and ordered delivery about 3 times in the following 12 days. When I ordered delivery, I had the hotel front desk guys help me to place the order, and almost every one of them said this is the best grilled meat place favored by the locals. It maybe considered expensive by the locals, as they use top quality material.

The place I went was clean, nothing fancy, located near Lebnan Square. They may have several other branches as well. Service was good enough when we ate there, but I was with my Egyptian contacts, so they took care of everything. Delivery to Sofitel and Fairmont took about 30-35 minutes on average. They don’t speak much English, but their menu does have 1 side with English on it, it’s easy enough to order from the menu. I have tried their kabab, Kofta, Lamb Moza, stuffed pigeon, grilled pigeon, Small lamb (which is similar to the Moza, different part of the leg maybe), Riash Betlo. I know, this is a lot, but remember I basically visited them 4 times in 2 weeks. Price is very reasonable, about $40-50 for a family of 4. All and all, this is the best restaurant I visited during my whole trip in Egypt.

Please keep in mind that I mostly care about the food, location/ambiance/service are not that important to me personally (unless they are beyond what’s reasonably expected)

• Visited January 2013