“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   13 Merit Basha Street | 4th floor, Cairo, Egypt   |
Ranked #7 of 49 Cairo B&B and Inns
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for one week and it was such a nice homely place which makes me hard to leave after the trip.
The airport pick-up service was wonderful. The location was perfect( just across the egyptian museum ) and the room was clean and cozy. The lounge was also nice to meet other travellers and chill out. Wifi was fine to use, there was totally no problem to stay there like home.
The staffs were super!! They were really friendly, courteous, speaking good english and always willing to help. They advised me well for the short trip like Giza, Sakkara and Bahariya oasis - it was really helpful and the trip was amazing.
I can highly recommend, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Tamil Nadu, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Cheap place but better to avoid... mosquito problem.. The location is good..easy access to metro..
places to eat are near by..but the room is not kept clean...maybe it could have been my exp. You can give it a shot if want save money on room expenses

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It is very clean and comfortable with a good wifi signal .Staff was very friendly and helpful. also the location was great nearby a lot of resturants and next to the egyptian musem that makes me visit it twice :D, i enjoyed staying there and i recomend it definitely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The location was great central and next to the museum. There was plenty of local cheap eating places nearby serving koshari and falafels. Room was of good standard and comfortable with an en-suite bathroom. The lounge was a great place to chill out on a night. The staff Maged, Dior and Amhed were helpful and knowledgeable and made us very welcome. Not forgeting Cleopatra and Michel the stairwell cats. They booked us taxi's to the pyramids and airport and could organise any trips you want. The metro is also easy to use and only costs 1 egyptian pound. Thank you all for a lovely stay and making it such a memorable holiday for us.
Barbara and David

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Beni Suef, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

very nice and clean hotel and the staff were very helpful and informative and the hotel is close to all what you need, sometimes i had to stay out late so i appreciated a lot the 24 hours reception i enjoyed staying there and definitely recommend it

Room Tip: 404 has a very good wifi signal
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My hotel is nice, cheap and clean, but..
Seems more an house than an hotel. Beds are not really comfortable, even if they are new. A/C too close to the beds and without direct control. Elevator does not work, but in all Cairo it goes that way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
myhotelcairo, Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy to announce the elevator has been fixed. We apologize your A/C remote was not found in the room, they are available.
København, Danmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was in Cairo for 14 days doing some interviews for my MA. I stayed at My Hotel throughout the period and can recommend it warmly. The rooms are nice and clean and can be locked so no one will enter when you're away during the day. There's AC and WiFi included which I used freakishly much all through the two weeks (35-40 degrees Celsius is brutal!). There's a nice common room with a cable TV. I didn't use it much as I preferred the privacy of my room when working and stressing off but it was definitely nice.
The staff is very friendly and 2 out of the 3 people speak excellent English (one was a native English speaker, it seemed). The third spoke well enough English to be helpful, so there were no problems.
Only issue, I found, was the late breakfast. 8:30 is late, I think, but it was nice to have breakfast at the hotel as I was there during the Ramadan. The breakfast itself is scarce. A piece of bread, some jam and some cheese. But there was free tea and coffee and I think Egyptian breakfast is just generally light.
The hotel is really central - just across the street from the Egyptian Museum (watch out for all the tricksters saying they work at the museum) and Tahrir Square. There's metro right by the square and taxis are abundant. There are also several places to buy water, sodas and fastfood (both local and McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut) and a short walk/taxi trip away, across the bridge is Zamalek with nice restaurants and cozy (for Cairo, at least) streets and shops. It's also really easy to direct a taxi driver to the hotel as every one know where Tahrir Square is.
When I was there the elevator was broken. The hotel is on the 4th floor so there's a bit of a climb. I doubt they'll fix it any time soon but the climb is worth it, I think.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
myhotelcairo, Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to report that the elevator has been fixed.

Been to My Hotel? Share your experiences!