“Best tour Guide Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 223 Activities in Cairo
Pretoria, South Africa
“Best tour Guide Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

A friend from Egypt recommend Lonely Tours. Thanks to his recommendation we (a group of 7) used Lonely Tours. They accommodate our every need at very reasonable price. The guide have a vast knowledge of Egypt and presented the info in a very interesting and easy to listen way.

Thanks again for making our trip to Egypt a memorable one!

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
“Dreams became Reality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I’ve just come back from my travels across Egypt. Cairo, especially the Pyramids, has interested me since I was a little child. I have read many books and watched many documentaries about the Pyramids and Cairo. I thought I possessed really good knowledge of Ancient Egypt - until I met Amir. Thank you, Amir so much for sharing your knowledge with us. Listening to you talking about the history of Egypt was the best history lesson I have ever had! I have travelled to many places and I have never met a tour guide with such passion and knowledge as you, Amir. I spent two days in Cairo and you made it the most unforgettable experience of our lives. When you took me inside of the Pyramid, it made a girl’s dream come true. experience soon on my n ex hoping to see you soon on my next trip to Cairo.

“2 unforgettable days in Cairo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited Cairo for the first time with my 2 friends. We were spending just 2 days in this hectic city and were eager to get the most out of our visit. Amir met us and gently took charge, guiding us through all of the main sights and experiences that this vibrant city has to offer. Although the city was being prepared for the 6th October demonstration, at no point did we feel unsafe.
Amir has an encyclopaedic knowledge of Egyptian history and could answer any questions we posed. He seemed to understand what we needed and wanted without us having to say and his English is better than mine and I'm a native speaker !
I cannot recommend Lonely Egypt highly enough. If you are visiting Cairo you must contact Amir as you will certainly be in safe hands..

Visited October 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Wonderful memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were amazed at how organized the trip was and at the same time how flexible it were all answers to all of our requests came very quick and without any problem I don't remember that we got any "not Possible " answer everything was easy , the guys in all cities we have visited were very helpful and we felt personal attention all the way. We appreciated not only our guided outings with lovely Amr who insisted to accompany us by himself around the city and we had amazing time with him but also the calmest and most skillful driver in the whole of Cairo. The sights were unbelievable, but so were the people - warm, caring, friendly. Our personal tour guides were knowledgeable, spoke great English and were just wonderful! Who wants to enjoy and experience the country without being subsumed in one of those big anonymous tour groups: we saw so many, and never failed to thank our lucky stars that ours was a very different we felt like we were among our friends and family. Really you must use Lonely Egypt If you want safe hands to arrange your Trip of life

Visited May 2013
Alnwick, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“That personal touch made all the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were put in touch with Amr by a colleague of mine who recommended this company. He was absolutely right, our holiday was tailored to fit exactly what we wanted to see and adjusted by email over the weeks before we travelled.We had texts from Amr to welcome us as soon as we arrived in Egypt and he rang us on the boat on our first night. We had already booked a week long cruise up the Nile with Cosmos and then flew up to Cairo for 3 nights in the second week where Amr and Amir met us on our first night and took us on a surprise visit to an authentic Tanoura show in Cairo. I would thoroughly recommed this, it involved authentic whirling dervishes, musicians and singers, not the ones the tourists get to see on the boat !! During our stay in Cairo we were taken to all the pyramids etc but not only that, we experienced a little bit of real Egypt - including Old Cairo,Cairo roads and Cairo driving ! Our Egyptologist Amir was so knowledgeable - no wonder his friends in Luxor call him the Professor ! He took us round the Egyptian Museum which is a must otherwise we could have spent days in there and still not seen the best bits. We then flew to Luxor for 4 nights where we met our other guide Mostafa. Mostafa also took us around to all the fantastic places we wanted to visit such as Abydos and Dendara but also put up with taking us to the Souk to do a little haggling and have a meal in a local restaurant and visit a little "sheesha" cafe. Our trip to Banana island at sunset on our last night left us with beautiful lifelong memories.
My tip from experience would be to let Amr organise it all for you, if we hadn't already booked through Cosmos he would have picked us up at the airport and taken us to the hotel etc and probably advised us what was worth seeing in which order. We always felt 100% safe with Amr, Amir and Mostafa and we really got the feeling that they love their job and that is was very important to them that we had a fantastic holiday and got the most out of their beautiful and interesting country.We can honestly say it was one of the best holidays we have ever had thanks to that personal touch.

Visited March 2013