“Wow.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 200 activities in Cairo
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Adventure in Egypt run by Hamdi El Shora,prfessional tour operator,since 15 years.Adventure in Egypt was born from one traveller's love of this fascinating country and its people. After searching both online and in local travel agencies for a special kind of tour, it became clear that most agencies push travellers into big tour buses and cruise ships and don't encourage much personal contact with the Egyptian people and their culture. With Adventure in Egypt we are able to provide personalized service and arrange exactly the itinerary you want.we'll be happy to suggest a trip for you.We can also arrange one-day guides. We work with group of Egyptologist licence guides.
New York City, New York
“Wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Let me first say that my husband and I are NOT the guide-taking types. We like the freedom of scheduling our own time, coming and going places as we please, and having our own adventures. That being said, we were a little worried about going to Egypt on our own with all the media had reported (total lie by the way, Egypt is completely safe), and my parents had toured with Hamdi when they visited Egypt a few years back. We decided to dive for a week on our own in Sinai and then work with his team to see other areas of Egypt on a private tour: Luxor, Aswan, a western desert safari, and Cairo. It turned out to be the amount of money we'd have spent on our own, with a lot less hassle and a ton of personal service.

Working with Hamdi and his team was a great decision!! We quickly learned that getting around Egypt necessitates a lot of local knowledge to get things done, even with the strong tourist infrastructure which has been devastated by the revolution. Even before we met up with Hamdi, my husband lost his luggage in Cairo, and Hamdi went above and beyond the call of duty to tirelessly work with Air Egypt to get it back and sent to us in Dahab. No small feat if you've ever flown Air Egypt. He arranged our hotels according to my pickiness, and changed our hotel in Luxor in 30 minutes when I decided I didn't like it. He gave us strong, interesting Egyptologists to give personal guides around sites in Luxor, Aswan, and Cairo (you MUST request Shaima for Cairo - she was fantastic), and challenged my comfort zones in the desert by giving us a great combination of sleeping outside (with tons of blankets to keep warm), riding atop the jeep in the White Desert, and eating his cooking - some of the best I had in Egypt, and catered to my vegan diet and my husband's eat anything diet. (Just note that the Egyptians will try to feed you to excess so turn over your plate when you've had enough!) Hamdi, his guides, reps, and drivers were friendly, hospitable, and eager to help and show Egyptian life.

And tell him you want to stay at the Fairmont in Cairo.

Bangkok, Thailand
“So much more than a tour guide...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I don't even know where to start with Adventure in Egypt and Hamdi El Shora, the owner/operator, but I guess the first thing I can say is that I'd give him in infinite amount of stars if I could.
I wanted to go to Egypt and I found a good review about Hamdi on a website called Journeywoman, specifically designed for female travelers. I will continue to thank whatever gods were watching over me at the time (Allah, maybe), that I stumbled upon this review. I contacted Hamdi via his website and asked him if he would be willing to work with me and my insignificant budget for the period of a month that I would be there. He responded promptly that he would love to. So we set things up in the US through email and phone and Hamdi was quick to soothe any fears that I had about going to Egypt at a time of civil unrest but was also supportive when I mentioned that it might not be the best time because of the country's seeming instability and maybe I should just cancel my trip. He was basically okay with whatever decision I was going to make and didn't pressure me at all one way or the other.
But I'm an adventurous girl and a little civil unrest wasn't going to keep me from my life dream of seeing Egypt with my own eyes. On May 5th, 2012, I arrived in Cairo after a thirty-four hour flight, totally delirious and at a loss about where I should go or what I should do. Hamdi, my prince, was right there to swoop me up, away from the taxis and scam artists, and took me directly to my hotel. Before I continue, let me just say that for the entire month I was in Cairo, I barely had to lift a finger unless it was to snap a picture or sip some tea. Hamdi booked everything, from my hotels (much nicer actually than what I was used to in my former travels), to my trains, buses, and even, yes, boats. Hamdi did it all, making May the most worry-free month I've experienced in years. I mean, this was a vacation in every sense of the word.
As I was saying, Hamdi, whisked me away from the airport and directly to the hotel. I pretty much slept for the next two days and he was extremely patient with my recovery from jet lag. When I was finally fully recovered and rested, we sat down together and sketched out an skeleton itinerary for the entire month. A whole month! I don't know if you're aware of this, but for Hamdi to basically say that he was responsible for my every whim and need for the next thirty days was a pretty monumental commitment. That night he took me out to a beautiful dinner to celebrate my arrival in Egypt and the beginning of my adventure.
Over the next weeks, Hamdi was always available to me whenever I needed him, no matter where in the country I was. From Cairo to Luxor to Aswan to Dahab, he was always just a phone call away. The guides he arranged for me at all the tourist sites were incredibly knowledgeable and had obviously been doing this for years. I had a personal escort/Egyptologist/bodyguard with me wherever I went. I felt like a princess. There was always someone waiting for me at the bus/train/or whatever station I happened to be arriving at and Hamdi always called to make sure I got there safely. Once when I was suffering a severe migraine during the trip, Hamdi even offered to send his doctor to Luxor all the way from Cairo! He was never more than a phone call away.
But this wasn't even the best part of my trip.
As a surprise for me, Hamdi planned a desert safari out into the oasis of Baharia and the White Desert with him and his lovely wife Rihab. Since Hamdi is of Bedouin heritage, we were received like family by all the people out there and treated like royalty. We stayed two days, two nights in the desert and I have to say that this was the highlight of my trip. It was also way out of my budget and something extra Hamdi put together because he knew how much I loved adventure and couldn't let me leave Egypt without experiencing it's true soul, the desert. We had a fantastic time and I learned so much about the Bedouin people while I was there. By the end of our camping trip, I felt like I had been adopted by Hamdi and Rihab. It was an amazing and incredible opportunity.
My last night in Egypt, Hamdi had me over for a delicious home-cooked meal prepared by his wife, Rihab. We sat and ate and talked until it was time for me to go the airport. I can truly say that my heart broke a little when I had to say goodbye to my new family. Hamdi treated me like a sister. I never felt like I was a tourist in Egypt, or like I was unsafe, or being ripped off or in any kind of danger and that's directly because of him and the wonderful care and kindness he showed me. I will definitely be going back to Egypt and my new family there as soon as possible.

Visited May 2012
London
“Great day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We booked day trips with Adventure in Egypt for Cairo and Alexandria.

We had a pyramid tour, which was excellent, our own car and guide, very reasonably priced and everything was good. No hastle at all. We also booked a personal guide to take us shopping and to Coptic Cairo. The guide was great and really new her history.

We also had a day trip with them for our trip to Alexandria, which include lunch, visits to some historic sites and also to the Library.

Altogether I would reccomend these guys for their personal touch, good prices and reliability.

Visited November 2011
Sharm el-Sheikh, Janub Sina', Egypt
“Brilliant tour Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Adventure in Egypt is one of the most professional tour operators in Egypt that I have dealt with. They picked us up from the aiport on time, found out what we wanted to do and did just that! The tour guide was brilliant - he spoke excellent English and was very informative about all the sites we visited. The restaurants that we were taken to was clean and food was good. I will definitely be recommending them to all my friends that want a good tour in Egypt. Thanks for a great experience. Pam & Jay

Visited December 2011
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best Value for a Superb Day Trip in Egypt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

It’s true what most guidebooks say. Egypt is a fairly easy country to get around. However, with much to see and do and few people conversant in English you’d be well advised to find a reputable travel agent to organise your day trips. Having stayed at the Talisman Hotel in Cairo my husband and I were delighted to find an on-site agent by the name of Hamdi El Shora (owner of Adventure in Egypt). What a blessing. We told him where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do and he made it all happen in a short space of time with a friendly smile and the utmost professionalism. From superb drivers (decent vehicles with proper air conditioning) to knowledgeable, accommodating tour guides we were also given handy tips on where to go for the best, authentic bargains. Being history obsessed we were able to fit in a lot more than we would have on our own and we still had time to meander. Hamdi really does practice the old adage that customer service is the livelihood of any business. His prices are excellent value for money. We cannot thank him enough and we highly recommend his services. Email him at hamdi@adventureinegypt.com or visit his website on www.adventureinegypt.com.

Please note that we visited in October 2010 and not December 2010 as indicated in the limited date options provided.

Visited December 2010