“A very accomodating tour organizer” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
3 attraction reviews
“A very accomodating tour organizer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I want to thank Habibitours for arranging our trip to Aswan and Luxor. I'm sure we had troubled Amir with our endless questions. But he answered all our emails patiently. And he even helped us sorting our problem with plane ticket, even though we didn't book it through him.
All the arrangements made by Habibitours was as promised and with reasonable price. We met nice and interesting people along the way. And of course the sites we were visiting are all wonderful. I could probably do without the long waiting for the train back to Cairo, but I supposed that was hardly Habibitours fault since there was no earlier train anyway.
All in all, I really enjoy the trip. And if I ever get the chance to go back to Egypt, I would book another tour with Habibitours.

Visited November 2012

Manila
54 attraction reviews
“Memorable trip to Egypt, thanks to Habibi Tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked a 10-day tour through Habibi Tours and it was the trip of a lifetime! At first, I had qualms about booking a tour operator which hardly anyone has heard of and which offered such an unbelievably affordable package price for me to visit Cairo, Giza, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Luxor--all the places I wanted! The tour package even included an overnight camping experience in White Desert and sailing on a felucca on the Nile.

You can check the prices of other tour operators online--and Habibi Tours really amazed me with its unbeatable budget package offer. The people working in Habibi are very good to deal with; all my questions over email were answered thoroughly and in a courteous manner within the day or the next day. Very prompt and professional customer service, really.

Amir, the person who answered all my emails, was the one who welcomed me when I arrived at the airport in Egypt. He brought me to my hotel in downtown Cairo and made sure not to leave until I had gone up and checked to see if I was satisfied with the room given to me. (I thought that was an extra nice touch in terms of quality service.) To be honest, I was still a bit hesitant to pay for the entire package (around USD545, which included all the tour add-ons I wanted) in cold cash all in one blow because I was afraid they'd run off with my money and never show up the next day for my tour.

But I was wrong to have such initial doubts. All throughout my 10-day tour of Egypt, Habibi Tours was professional in the way they handled their clients including myself. Amir was always a phone call or SMS away whenever I had a question. He even surprised me one time by treating me to koshari, a delicious local dish, when he found out I planned on trying it. Mahmoud, my driver in Cairo, was very prompt in picking me up from my hotel. He's an excellent driver and made me feel safe, as our car zipped through the streets of crowded Cairo. He was also the one who brought me to the bus station and train station (during my trips to the White Desert and to Aswan) and didn't leave until he made sure I was in the right bus or train platform. There was also one time when I said I wanted to buy water if we happen to pass by a roadside store, and Mahmoud suddenly stopped the car somewhere, and without a word, hopped out, bought me 1.5 liters of water and refused my payment for the water. I never forget such acts of kindness and genuine hospitality. Mahmoud and Amir were like family to me all throughout my stay in Cairo.

My tour guides--Mervat in Cairo, Abdul in Aswan, and Saba (or Sacha?) in Luxor--were excellent! They really impressed me with the depth of their knowledge of Egyptian history and answered all my questions about the Pharaohs, the Egyptian gods, and Egyptian politics, culture and way of life in general. I don't think I would have fully appreciated all the temples and sites I visited without them beside me to explain what each statue or place meant. And they made me laugh so much!

In Cairo and in Giza, Memphis, Saqqara, I felt pretty pampered by Habibi Tours, because they arranged for me to see these places as private tours. I had my own tour guide (Mervat) and driver (Mahmoud) and I toured all these places without having to deal with so many tour companions or ride some big bus. Giza was chock-full of tourist buses and I could see other tourists gathering in hordes and sharing a tour guide; I felt lucky I had Mervat and two camel guides all to myself to show me around. For a budget tour package, I felt like Habibi Tours had given me more than what I had paid for.

In White Desert, Megahed was my driver, my cook, my guide. He was like a father figure to me. It was just him and me all throughout that overnight camping experience and he made White Desert the most magical part of my trip to Egypt. Megahed was the one who set up our entire campsite and cooked our meals (and refused my help: I hated just standing by while he did everything!). We shared stories by the campfire and waited for the desert foxes to approach us. I always felt safe around him as we camped out that night in the desert, with no roof over our heads. Again, a big thumbs up to Habibi Tours for arranging this part of my trip with their White Desert safari provider/partner so seamlessly.

In Aswan and Luxor, I had, at any given time, 3 to 11 other companions (depending on the places) but it didn't feel cramped or anything when I was with them on the felucca or in the van. There was always someone waiting for us at the train station or hotel; everything was arranged by Habibi properly.

With the budget package I availed, of course I had to deal with budget 3-star hotels in Cairo, Aswan and Luxor. I mean, if you're paying budget, expect budget--although these hotels were perfectly decent and clean. One just has to manage expectations, that's all. But the rest of the tour certainly didn't feel like a budget experience to me--thanks to the entire Habibi Tours family! I have nothing but praise for their great service and friendly, professional attitude. I know this is a really long write-up, but I feel that more people out there who want to see Egypt deserve to know more about what they can expect, and should be able to travel to Egypt safely without fear of being scammed by their tour operator. As a solo female traveler, I felt like I was in good hands with Habibi all the time.

I intend to have Habibi Tours arrange my tours again when I visit Alexandria, Siwa Oasis, Sinai--and even Petra, Jordan--someday. If you're looking to enjoy Egypt without breaking the bank, go with Habibi Tours. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
Sydney
“Very good tour operator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice people , very well organized . We enjoyed a lot with Habibi tours along our excursions in Cairo and Luxor .. we will come back .!!

Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
600 attraction reviews
“Well Managed and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I sent out emails to several tour companies and this tour company responded quickly and replied to all questions and requests timely.

I had built tours and used taxi transfers. Everything was accommodated and the tours were a great experience. The transfers occurred timely. Someone was waiting for me with a sign at all the airports.

The tours kept on schedule and the guides always allowed me extra time if I needed, included options if I liked, and allowed for special requests. I felt like I became a friend to the drivers and the guides. Everything was discussed and explained from Ancient Egypt, Islam, and current politics of Egypt. The tours were very enjoyable.

The guides kept the touts away if I requested and kept me feeling relaxed and safe at all times.

The tour company is a responsible group that you can depend.

Visited September 2012
Abu Dhabi
“HABIBI TOUR Company, Cairo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful trip to Egypt. It was made much easier by taking several tours with this company. It was great value for money: they were punctual, polite, informative, honest, safe drivers and good company. For a local company run by locals, I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks to Rafiq and Mahmoud!
regards Revichandran Ramakrishnan