“Great Guide in Cairo!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 223 Activities in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: It will be my great pleasure to tour with you our beloved Country.Please feel free to contact me 24/7.What's app me 24 /7 on the Mentioned number for inquiries and quick reply.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Seattle
“Great Guide in Cairo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Highly recommend-- a very knowledgeable and passionate guide. Ayman took very good care of us. My husband and I visited Cairo Sept 27-29. I have to say I was VERY nervous to visit Cairo during the current political situation; however, our trip was great. (My husband had a different opinion, he was not nervous). But I was pleasantly surprised, the areas were secure and everything seemed normal.

We went to Memphis, Saqqara, Great Pyramids, and the Sphinx. I got to say, I loved Saqqara, by far my favorite place. Ayman walked us through the worker’s houses in Saqqara, which was remarkable. Second day we did the Museum, Coptic Cairo, Old Market, and one of the cities of the dead. Ayman had exceptional knowledge of all the places we visited. We both had some knowledge from university classes and guide books but we learned A LOT from Ayman! Plus everywhere we went, everyone seemed to know him.

Booking the tour was easy and he replied to emails quickly. We really thought it was great that he was able to go with our change of plans (on the go), like going to the city of the dead and doing a fast track tour of the museum. Plus he spoke very good English! We genuinely appreciated and enjoyed the conversations we had in the car.

Thanks Ayman!
Anastasia and Gabe
Seattle, WA

Visited September 2013
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed Private - Tour Guide -, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thanks Anastasia and Gabe for such a Feed back and it was my pleasure touring with you and chatting and it would be a great pleasure touring with you again.

Miami, FL
27 attraction reviews
“Amazing Guide for Cairo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family and I (28,32,65,67) used Ayman for our tour in Cairo. My family was a bit hesitant regarding travelling to Cairo, but we felt safe and taken care of the entire time Ayman was with us.

He was very responsive and flexible during the preparation process with emails and gave his recommendations, but never pushed for anything. We went back and forth two dozen times before I locked in my final plans. Then, our Egyptair flight changed less than a week before our arrival so we had to redo the timing of everything and there were zero issues. Ayman helped us reschedule our plans seamlessly.

During the day at Giza/Sakkara/Memphis, he set up our camel ride, got us into the Great Pyramid, took us into all the tombs and always had a wealth of information to give us. I am a bit of a wanderer and he would always let me walk off a bit and have my time and never made me feel rushed. In fact, on more than one occasion he told me to walk around and take my time.

In the evening, he was instrumental in the bazaar. After a not-so-great experience at the Aswan souq, he made our few hours in Khan el Khalil perfect, helping us negotiate, taking us to hidden restaurants, and helping us avoid certain merchants.

He also doesn't mind taking picture after picture and my family loves to have our pictures taken. He knew the best spots in all the areas and would time the photos to have the least number of tourists in the background to make each picture perfect.

I try to never use tour guides in my travels as I truly love exploring and don't like being shown around, but with Ayman, it never felt this way. It was like travelling with a friend....an extremely knowledgeable friend that speaks the language of the locals and knows all the great hidden spots. My mom even told me to write on my review how much my parents enjoyed Ayman.

I would recommend Ayman to anyone and if anyone has any questions, please feel free to message me.

Visited April 2013
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed Private - Tour Guide -, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thanks Brandon and Family and it was my great pleasure touring with you and getting to know you all.
Rome, Italy
3 attraction reviews
“Best Tour Guide in Cairo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

To start, Ayman is the best! I traveled to Cairo for a single day on August 8, 2013 and was very nervous about the political situation and my being there. Before I even met Ayman, he communicated regularly via email with me and once I met him, I knew it would be a fantastic day. Ayman planned a fantastic day of pyramids, mosques and more. We comfortably saw as much of Ciaro as possible in one day without feeling rushed.

As for Ayman, he is incredibly knowledgeable, sincere, kind and fun. He makes you feel comfortable immediately and any request you have is easily met. When the visit was over, I felt that I was leaving a friend in Cairo, rather than my guide. He is wonderful and I hope to travel back to Cairo soon to see more of it!

In the end, I had a memorable, safe and exciting day in Cairo all because of Ayman. HIRE AYMAN! I highly recommend him as a guide and highly recommend that you communicate with locals about the current situation before completely writing it off because of what you read in the papers. I had a beautiful visit!!!!!!

Visited August 2013
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed Private - Tour Guide -, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
It was a great pleasure touring with you and hope that you really enjoyed your time here and liked New Egypt that we are still building in a way with wishes to see you over here again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Passionate, knowledgable and accommodating...Recommend 100%”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We set up a two one-day tours with Ayman and it was perfect. I have been on many tours of the sites in and around Cairo and this was by far the best experience I've had. Ayman's passion for his work, and extensive knowledge of the site kept us interested throughout the tours in the Cairo heat and traffic. He wasn't reciting a script, in fact he has a Master's in archeology and clearly keeps up on new discoveries in the field. Ayman is extremely professional and catered to our pace, interest in different sites, and the variety of personalities in our group. He made the experience easy for us and he went above and beyond to make sure we had the best possible time on our trip. Safety was a concern for us given the current political and economic climate in Egypt and there was not a point where I felt unsafe. Ayman shielded us from any overly enthusiastic vendors and it was clear that he is well known and respected by the people who work near the sites we visited. If you are looking for a tour guide in Egypt there's no need to look further.

Visited June 2013
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed Private - Tour Guide -, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
It was my pleasure to be of any help,best wishes and hope to meet you again.
Edmonton, Canada
37 attraction reviews
“Look no further...YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR GUIDE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

As with many other reviewers on this site, we stayed in Cairo for three nights and hired Ayman and his driver to take us on day tours.
Both Ayman and the driver Mohamed are absolutely fantastic; highly recommended.
I'm glad that early in my search for a guide that I asked Ayman for a quote...the price is so reasonable that after reading the reviews here, I did not hesitate to book with him. Surprisingly reasonably priced! We also booked our airport transfers with Ayman and his driver, who will come get you and take you back regardless of how early or late the arrival and departure are! Ayman is absolutely fantastic. Do not even attempt Cairo without him. Ayman is extremely knowledgeable about every place we visited (amazingly so!), and as a local, also answered our many questions about his culture. The driver Mohamed was superb...wow the traffic there is unbelievable! We always were very safe with Ayman and were so grateful to have him. Ayman also was very accommodating to our particular interests and did everything we asked cheerfully when requested. He also takes great pictures!
Places we went: Egyptian museum (King Tut and much more...so much more meaningful with Ayman explaining everything), Falucca ride on the nile (beautiful!), Memphis (never heard of it, very interesting), Sakkara, Giza (not to be missed, but very busy, this included a wonderful camel ride), Coptic Cairo (so peaceful, historic and great), Old Market (loved browsing there, husband and son were tired of it and the driver took them back to the hotel, while daughter and I stayed with Ayman longer and were picked up by the driver later...a great plan).
Ayman knows which vendors are safe for us to get food from, which was great. Loved the falafal sandwiches!
Ayman also keeps all the aggressive vendors away from us (just by being near us) and also helped translate and negotiate when we wanted to buy things, which was immensely helpful.
Also, just a great, personable guy. Enjoyed our tea in the ancient market together!
You can read all the other reviews for details, and email me if you'd like to know more, but let me leave you with this modified phrase from the American Express commercials, "don't leave home without him!"

Visited April 2013
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed Private - Tour Guide -, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
It was my great pleasure touring with you and getting to know you and it will be a great pleasure meeting you again over here.