“Best Location for Pyramids View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pyramids View Inn

You added Pyramids View Inn to your Saves list
Pyramids View Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sphinx Street - nazlet el samman | Pyramids Sound & Light Square, Cairo 1212, Egypt   |
Offers & Announcements
Free airport Pickup
Ranked #4 of 133 Hotels in Cairo
Germany
“Best Location for Pyramids View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at Pyramid View Inn and I found it to be an excellent choice for visiting the Pyramids area. I would have given it a 5 Star rating except for a couple of niggling points which I will list below. I must add that my very positive impression of the hotel was influenced by the fact that due to the troubles in Cairo the hotel was relatively empty and though we had booked three single rooms, Sami the owner gave us his best rooms all facing the Sphinx and the pyramids at the same price of non pyramid view rooms.
Let me list the positives:
1. We were picked up from the airport at 2:30 am at no additional cost, which I really appreciated because the taxis in Cairo rarely run by the meter and I am sure at that odd hour we would have been ripped off by the taxi drivers, this being our first visit to Cairo. The hotel is also not very easy to find because the address listed on their website is not be found with Google Maps.
2. The entire staff is very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home.
3. Sami the owner is a wonderful person and provided us a late checkout at 18:00 even though the standard checkout is 12:00, with the words that his hotel is like our own house and there is no such concept of checkout :-).
4. The breakfast is simple but more than adequate to leave one feeling quite full and even for vegetarians. (Falaffel, Egytian Bread, Fresh and sumptuous Oranges, Juice, Egg Omelette)
5. The guided tour offered by the hotel are a tad pricier than what can be booked over the internet but we were satisfied with our guide Mr. Nassir. For more information just contact me.
6. Small touches like earplugs in all rooms surely added to my satisfaction because I need dead silence to sleep. I must also mention that though the hotel is facing the street it wasn't that noisy.
7. All the bathrooms are very clean and have huge hot water heaters so one can enjoy 24 hrs hot and cold showers.
8. Last but not the least the hotel is located in an absolutely stunning location with the Sphinx staring right at you when you open the windows (Only for Pyramid View Rooms). In fact the Sphinx is only about 200 m from the hotel. One can enjoy the Pyramids Light and Sound show from the terrace of the hotel, though I found the Light and sound show to be very boring and did not even sit through the whole show (about an hour).
Giza railway station is also only about 6-7 km from the hotel, rush hour about 30 mins.

All in all this a hotel I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Cairo/Giza. But please make sure you take the Pyramid View rooms because some of the other rooms are not so good..
For Room Recommendation, Room 203 is very good with Pyramid View twin beds and en-suite spacious bathroom. There is one other room with Single Bed and Ensuite Bathroom I thing room 103. Room 104 is a twin bed room with a balcony facing the pyramids. But here the Bathroom is outside the room directly across it. Room 105 is a double room with the bathroom outside it but directly across the door. (I'm not too sure abt the room numbers I must admit).

Now for the cons which prevented me from giving the Hotel 5 Stars.
1. The Non Pyramid View Rooms can be downright disappointing because some of them have absolutely no view and face only a wall, eg Room 107 I think. This room also had horrible mattress which was so sagging that the bones almost touch the bedframe. I forgot to give Sami my feedback that all such mattresses should be changed asap. I hope he reads this review though.
2. All the rooms do not have Ensuite bathroom though all rooms have their own bathroon lockable by a separate key and for the first nite I was in one such room.
It is really annoying to kinda dress up locking your room behind you and walk across the corridor and then unlocking the bathroom, if you gotta tinkle in the middle of the night.

Other than these two points I think Pyramids View Inn would deserve an Excellent rating.

Room Tip: Room No. 203, 103, 104 105, basically all rooms with a Pyramid View. Single Rooms can be very very s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

If you want the best possible view of the pyramids, come here. It had always been a life dream of mine to visit the pyramids and it came true, this has actually turned out to be the best experience of my life, thanks largely the Pyramids View Inn! With Kamal Ali, the fine service man of our hotel, my friend and I felt welcome per his and the rest of the staff's warm welcoming. As the name of the hotel suggests, it has a view of the pyramids with a terrace, but this is not just a view it is as if you are on the pyramid site itself! We stayed 4 days and every night we were able to watch the night pyramid lights show as well as my fav, smoke shisha/hookah while admiring the world wonders in front of us. Not only was the hookah free, but the breakfast as well and some delicious hibiscus tea! The hotel provides all that along with available guided tours(which we took for the pyramids tour, with a knowledgable tour guide), a quiet and SAFE place to stay as well as good wifi. If you are concerned for your safety, this is probably the safest spot in Cairo, the staff also escorted us to near ATMs to avoid nuisances. This has been truly the best experience of my life thanks to the hotel and I will definitely return. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Panicle we were here they were working on a room or two with balconies, so in the bear future try to...
Navan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in the Pyramids View Inn.Can't speak highly enough of it...great location,great staff and fantastic food....don't worry about the "situation" in Egypt....you wouldn't even realise theres any issues if you stay here.Special word of thank's to Kamal at the hotel who always made sure you had what you need and nothing was too mush trouble and to Yasser my guide.Really good guide and even better at just being a nice sound guy,thank's again guys!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Firstly - I got what I came for - an excellent view. The views were exceptional - The service was very good and so was the courtesy and professionalism of the staff - from check-in to housekeeping to checkout.
Now that said - don't eat here - overpriced and bland food. Eve avoid the breakfast. EAT SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Otherwise great location, great view and I truly appreciate the advice of the reception/ concierge staff.
Unlike the other reviewers complained - i didn't have any noise issues at night. Maybe I was lucky...I didn't need the earplugs)))
Dont miss the rooftop...

Room Tip: The rooms are all dated and small - go for ones with a view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Sammy and his team made my time in Egypt more than memorable. They catered to my every need and always did so with wide smiles. The food was phenomenal, the coffee plentiful, and the room perfect. They even provided a guide to take me around the pyramids, sphinx, and Egyptian museum.

You won't find better views. I could see all three pyramids and the sphinx from my room, had tea at sunset overlooking these wonders, and started my morning doing the same from the rooftop balcony.

Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The inn has the perfect location where you can enjoy the view of the pyramids from outside your window and on the roof top. They have the light and sound show featuring the pyramids every night which you can watch from the roof top for free with free tea and coffee as well. Internet is free and with adequate speed. They have excellent service making sure i was always comfortable but I have to pay for it. They've arranged everything, my tour to the pyramids and museum which i really enjoyed a lot! Thanks to my tour guide Nassir. One thing though that every traveller should know, the tour guide will talk first about the papyrus (some sort of paper ancient egypt used for writing) and will bring you to a shop selling paintings made from papyrus. They have this scheme that will make you feel guilty if you'll not buy anything so I ended up buying something for my sister. I think the tour guide has percentage from every customer he brings. They also arranged my bus ticket going to Hurgada but I was really ripped off. The bus ticket only costs 45 LE but I have to pay for it at the hotel for 140 LE. They said that it was for the taxi driver who bought the ticket for me. My advice is if your travelling by bus just buy your own ticket in the bus station. Now as for the room, it was really small I can barely move around. It was also along the street and not sound proof so I haven't have any decent sleep my entire stay. The prayer call will wake you up then the dogs will start barking plus the sounds of camel and horses hooves hitting the pavement. They have though fresh earplugs at bedside for that reason. As for the food, it was horrible. It was obviously bought from a nearby take away. The cleanliness of the place was also questionable. Tables are dusty as well as the floor and chair especially on the roof top.
Overall, the hotel was OK if you want to save money and will not stay for long.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
pyramidsview, General Manager at Pyramids View Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your review! And glad that you enjoyed the pyramids view and roof top sitting and sphinx view . We regret that we did not meet your expectations in the service and promise to do better next time, we have been continuously working hard to be better in every aspects of the experience we provide to our guests. We promise that you will be pleasantly surprise when you visit us again, and we are confident to earn a five star review from you the next time around! Thank you for your past business and we are looking forward to see you soon! Wish you an amazing summer, full of happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Bondi, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Spent 2 nights here before starting our tour and have to say how impressed I was with the friendly staff who were so helpful with ensuring we had what we needed. Great value, location in front of the pyramids and sphinx, we had a view looking directly across the road onto them, watching the light and sound show from the rooftop, it was all just a joy to be here. Also had a laundry done after a couple of months of being on the road and just perfect before joining my tour. Whilst staff were keen to offer some day tours, no problems if not taken. Rooftop also great for meeting up with fellow travellers. Bathroom facilities just off the room were small but adequate, with a nice strong hot shower. Free airport pick up was also a great touch, inclusive Egyptian style breakfast, would have no hesitation in recommending staying here unless you need a pool and luxuries of a bigger hotel resort.

Room Tip: Stayed in a pyramid view room - room 202 - it was great but facing road so can get noisy with stree...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Pyramids View Inn? Share your experiences!