Stayed for 2 nights at Pyramid View Inn and I found it to be an excellent choice for visiting the Pyramids area. I would have given it a 5 Star rating except for a couple of niggling points which I will list below. I must add that my very positive impression of the hotel was influenced by the fact that due to the troubles in Cairo the hotel was relatively empty and though we had booked three single rooms, Sami the owner gave us his best rooms all facing the Sphinx and the pyramids at the same price of non pyramid view rooms.
Let me list the positives:
1. We were picked up from the airport at 2:30 am at no additional cost, which I really appreciated because the taxis in Cairo rarely run by the meter and I am sure at that odd hour we would have been ripped off by the taxi drivers, this being our first visit to Cairo. The hotel is also not very easy to find because the address listed on their website is not be found with Google Maps.
2. The entire staff is very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home.
3. Sami the owner is a wonderful person and provided us a late checkout at 18:00 even though the standard checkout is 12:00, with the words that his hotel is like our own house and there is no such concept of checkout :-).
4. The breakfast is simple but more than adequate to leave one feeling quite full and even for vegetarians. (Falaffel, Egytian Bread, Fresh and sumptuous Oranges, Juice, Egg Omelette)
5. The guided tour offered by the hotel are a tad pricier than what can be booked over the internet but we were satisfied with our guide Mr. Nassir. For more information just contact me.
6. Small touches like earplugs in all rooms surely added to my satisfaction because I need dead silence to sleep. I must also mention that though the hotel is facing the street it wasn't that noisy.
7. All the bathrooms are very clean and have huge hot water heaters so one can enjoy 24 hrs hot and cold showers.
8. Last but not the least the hotel is located in an absolutely stunning location with the Sphinx staring right at you when you open the windows (Only for Pyramid View Rooms). In fact the Sphinx is only about 200 m from the hotel. One can enjoy the Pyramids Light and Sound show from the terrace of the hotel, though I found the Light and sound show to be very boring and did not even sit through the whole show (about an hour).
Giza railway station is also only about 6-7 km from the hotel, rush hour about 30 mins.
All in all this a hotel I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Cairo/Giza. But please make sure you take the Pyramid View rooms because some of the other rooms are not so good..
For Room Recommendation, Room 203 is very good with Pyramid View twin beds and en-suite spacious bathroom. There is one other room with Single Bed and Ensuite Bathroom I thing room 103. Room 104 is a twin bed room with a balcony facing the pyramids. But here the Bathroom is outside the room directly across it. Room 105 is a double room with the bathroom outside it but directly across the door. (I'm not too sure abt the room numbers I must admit).
Now for the cons which prevented me from giving the Hotel 5 Stars.
1. The Non Pyramid View Rooms can be downright disappointing because some of them have absolutely no view and face only a wall, eg Room 107 I think. This room also had horrible mattress which was so sagging that the bones almost touch the bedframe. I forgot to give Sami my feedback that all such mattresses should be changed asap. I hope he reads this review though.
2. All the rooms do not have Ensuite bathroom though all rooms have their own bathroon lockable by a separate key and for the first nite I was in one such room.
It is really annoying to kinda dress up locking your room behind you and walk across the corridor and then unlocking the bathroom, if you gotta tinkle in the middle of the night.
Other than these two points I think Pyramids View Inn would deserve an Excellent rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- with free airport transfer . at the historical area of the pyramids of Giza Facing the 3 pyramids and The Great sphinx , pyramids , Giza,the nearest location to the pyramids of Giza,only 300 feet from The pyramids and front of The entrance Gate and Roof top sitting With The Best View ,All rooms with air condition and (hot & cold water), living room with American kitchen and balcony overlooking the Sphinx. The rooms, furnished with an elegant and luxurious wooden ceilings and marble floors, offer the most modern standards. Each room has quality fittings, air conditioning, TV color satellite, ISDN fast internet connection, direct dial telephone. All rooms are equipped with emergency lighting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Pyramids View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.