“First class view and most great staff i met.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pyramids View Inn

Save Saved
You added Pyramids View Inn to your Saves list
Pyramids View Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sphinx Street - nazlet el samman | Pyramids Sound & Light Square, Cairo 1212, Egypt   |
Offers & Announcements
Free airport Pickup
Ranked #4 of 131 hotels in Cairo
“First class view and most great staff i met.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Thank you for a very nice week. The staff of the hotel is great specielly Kamal and Ahmad and Mohamad, very helpfull and they just want you to be happy. Great price and best view ever you will see the pyramids when you r eating breakfast on the roof top. And very nice neigborhood you can ride horses or camels directly to the pyramids and it s very cheap. Than you pyramids view inn for a wonderful unforgetebul weak of my life. Tarek from Sweden

• Stayed February 2014

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

All I can say is WOW, as I wake up seeing the Great Pyramids of Giza out of my window, being able to see the sunset from the rooftop, the best hospitality and people that go above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect, all I can say is please, stay here!

I travel alone and this place was by far the best choice I could have chosen for Giza

I had a private tour guide that took me to the Pyramids, different cities around Cairo, old Cairo, even Alexandria... All booked thru the hotel, Mohammed is the perfect host, making sure everything goes smooth during your stay. Kamal and the other guys at the hotel are the most hospitable people you can ask for.

You'll here dogs barking at night, praying times can be loud but hey! You are in Giza, if you don't like noise or you are a 5star hotel kind of person maybe you should think about going somewhere else.

Breakfast included, airport transfer also included in the rate

Wifi works perfect and if there is anything you need they will get it for you without hesitation.

They also arranged my trip to Luxor with airfare and hotel included.

Stay at this place if you go to Egypt, things are calm right now, not many tourists are there now so you go inside Pyramids by yourself, definitely can't bit that... Contact me if you have any questions...

Thank you guys for a great time in Giza :) hope to see you soon!

• Stayed February 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

There are so many good things to say about this place, I don't even know where to start!
Obviously the location is amazing - you are literally a two minute walk from the pyramids and the sphinx. But first and foremost I'd like to emphasize the quality of the service and hospitality I received here. As an American woman traveling alone in a country (and continent) I had never visited before, I was incredibly grateful for the kind staff that made SURE I was safe and content throughout my entire stay. Samy (the manager and/or owner) emailed my sister to let her know that I had safely arrived, and was extremely helpful with local information. Kamal waited on me hand and foot! Any time I needed food, a taxi ride, a wake up call, a postcard to be mailed, help moving my luggage, ANYTHING - he was there. On the merit of these wonderful people alone (along with 2 other staff members whose names I can't recall), I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.
Now the property itself - like everyone else has said, it doesn't get better than this!! I was fortunate enough to have a room with a balcony and a view of the pyramids. But even if your room doesn't have a pyramid view, you can still go up to the roof and hang out as long as you'd like there. They set it up and decorated it beautifully, with places to sit and eat/read/relax while enjoying a full panoramic view of the pyramids. My room itself was clean and very cozy. I loved that there was an electric heater available for me to use, because it gets a little chilly during the evening. There is a bit of noise on the street; during the prayer calls and of course during the sound and light show at the pyramids which takes place every night (and is amazing by the way.) but I was still able to sleep soundly because 1) I brought ear plugs, and 2) the bed and pillows were sooo comfortable!

Other things worth mentioning:
-they offer a FREE pickup from the airport
-free wifi available as well
-there's a cool bazaar with a lot of beautiful artwork located next door. Run by a lovely man named Fouad.
-Samy can arrange anything you need - pyramid tours, Nile cruises, transportation, etc.

Amazing staff + amazing location + clean, wonderful facilities + affordability = If you're coming to Cairo, stay HERE!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was fortunate to have a pyramids view room, and to wake each day to that was just fantastic. Each morning I would sit on the rooftop venue for breakfast, and most days I would still be there until well into the afternoon. Simply watching the events in front of you at the pyramids, and of course being mesmerized by the pyramids themselves, and the Sphinx, was all worth paying money for. Also you get to see the Sound and Light Show for free, it is that close! Admittedly, after a few days I tried to escape it! Staff were amazing, of course yes Kamal, but all the others as well, and the owner and his lovely wife who was great company for me as a western woman traveling alone. Thanks everyone.

Room Tip: Pyramids view room is a must
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our 18, 17 and 16 year old lads were well impressed when we opened our window to the most spectacular view on the planet.....location, location, location. The richest person ever could not buy this view and we were lucky enough to stay here for two nights. The staff could not have been more hospitable and friendly. Tea and coffee almost on tap, help and advice about dining out if you wanted or else the staff ordered in the pizzas or Lebanese kebabs from neighbouring establishments. The evenings on the rooftop watching the Sound and Light Show were truly memorable....something we and the boys will talk about for years to come.Thank you Pyramids View Inn for a wonderful experience. Rose-Marie Wardle with Christopher Rowan, Ryan Baldry, Sam Rowan and Tom Baldry

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have only good words to comment all that I lived in just 24 hours in this amazing hostel. Kamal and the rest of the staff are just the perfect hosts, all the time trying to make things easier for the guests, but in a polite and not-pushing way difficult to find in charming but challenging Egypt and tiring Cairo.
The double-room where we spent one night is really nice, the bathroom clean and the rest of the facilities so comfortable that you could feel like at home. And above all, how to forget the cool roof where you can have a tasty, cheap and abundant dinner, and a shisha for free while you are enjoying the famous 'sound and light' show in the Pyramid-and-Sphinx-area, which takes place just 200 yards from the hostel roof. I never imagined that it could be possible to be hosted in a lodge where you almost can touch the mythic Sphinx with your hands and see the whole postal-card panorama of the Pyramids from your room window and hostel roof.
On the whole, extremely cheap price, nice rooms, excellent facilities, good service, breathtaking views and tasty food with breakfast included. Impossible to offer more for little money.
PS: To the overworried travelers: Visiting Egypt in general and Cairo in particular is very safe nowadays, and even more interesting (not many annoying groups of tourists) and cheap. Don't be afraid guys of what you read in the papers or you listen from the media. They always talk about the bad news anywhere in the world. Pack your things and come to Egypt!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Right from the start, my communications with Samy, the owner of the Inn, were excellent - responsive, professional, understanding. He and Mohammed, Kamel* (special thanks!), Ahmed, and Omar are amazing, taking care of you almost like family. Warm, welcoming, helpful. They made our stay wonderful. Everyone should know - it is very safe at Pyramids View Inn and in Cairo and you couldn't have a more wonderful place to stay than across from the Pyramids at the Inn. The rooms are comfortable - good beds, heat, great shower with lots of hot water, beautiful view from the terrace. Truly a value hotel; and their 2013 Certificate of Excellence is completely merited.

Because of the political situation, I decided to take private tours. While they were very convenient and good, I felt they did not show me anything I couldn't have seen on my own. I am an art historian and had already researched a good deal. They were were rather expensive ($150+ for 2 people) and if I were to do it again, I would go on my own and take taxis or collective buses and the Metro as much as possible. The Inn is a bit far from downtown Cairo, but a taxi is about $25, considerably less than $60+tips per person. Because tourism has gone down so much in Egypt, I felt I should tip generously - but I would say that 10-15% (not 20% like I did) would be sufficient, considering the price of the tour. Still, to have a local, well informed guide who can negotiate for you is probably a good idea and if you prefer convenience, and want orientation (at least for the first day) it is worth taking a tour of Old Cairo, Coptic Cairo, or Islamic Cairo. I'm sure if requested, the Pyramids View staff would be happy to give you all info you need to get into town or arrange a tour like they did for me. And ask for Abdul as a guide. He's a great guy and very very smart - speaks about 4 languages. He also is the taxi driver who takes you to and from the airport! Thanks again to Pyramids View Inn for everything!

Room Tip: Get a room on the inside - without a view. The view from the terrace is always there! It will be qui...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pyramids View Inn? Share your experiences!