“The view is not to be believed!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pyramids View Inn

You added Pyramids View Inn to your Saves list
Pyramids View Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sphinx Street - nazlet el samman | Pyramids Sound & Light Square, Cairo 1212, Egypt   |
Offers & Announcements
Free airport Pickup
Ranked #2 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“The view is not to be believed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a very good price in any case for Cairo, but it is particularly amazing because of the view from the hotel...the rooftop terrace looks right out on the pyramids and the sphinx, literally in the backyard of this guest house...you really can't do any better...I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the curtains on the window of our room and saw the pyramids sitting out there right in front of me. Tip--ask for a "pyramid view room" so you can enjoy the view from your room as well as the terrace...but even if those are taken, it is so well worth it because the roof top terrace is right there and available for your enjoyment at any time! we even sat up there and watched the pyramid "light show", about as close as you could get.
Also, the staff was very helpful and ready to take care of everything and anything we needed...Kamal Ali, was particularly helpful and was always available for whatever large or small request we had. If you're going to Cairo for the sights, this is the place to stay--hands down ...also, the hotel was located in a nice little neighborhood where we felt very comfortable roaming around on our own and exploring.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Traveled to Cairo with my friends couple weeks ago. We have booked Pyramids View Inn and it exceeded our expectations.
Staff are wonderful, very helpful, very friendly and made us all feel very special and welcome ,
as soon as we walked through the door. What a lovely welcome we received from Sami and his lovely place which took my breath away. Very clean place with the most beautiful view I have ever seen so far. Standard of this place is higher than the Great Pyramid of Giza itself. :) My short stay is definitely not a last visit I have made to Cairo and every visit I am planing to travel to Cairo I will make sure that I will stay in this lovely B & B. Pyramids View Inn has become my local. :)
Breakfast severed on roof terrace, watching sun rise and sun set there are the few moments which will stay in my heart forever. Sami and your Team, I am looking forward to see you all very soon. Lots of Love from Monika x

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Pyramids View Inn was perfect for my 2 nights in Cairo. The first thing that I noticed when I arrived there was the great service. Since I was the only guest (probably because of the political situation at that time) they offered me a room with a view over the Sphinx and Pyramids. The hotel is only a few meters away from the Pyramids and therefore you have a wonderful view from the room or from the rooftop.

The room was comfortable and simple (not luxurious). They also had a free wifi for guests. The included breakfast was typical egyptian food. It tasted very good and I was more than full. In addition I was provided with free tea all the time.
They offered guided tours to many cultural places. I booked a tour to the pyramids (you definitely need a guide there) and it was great. The tourguide even could speak german.

Another plus was the great service. Mr Kamal Ali always wants to fullfill everyone of your wishes. He is only happy when you are happy. He was very friendly and helped me a lot and so my stay even exceeded my expectations. They will try to arrange everything you ask for just to make you happy and to make your trip an unforgettable experience.

One thing about the political situation: It's not dangerous like the media is telling us. I couldn't see any riots or other things. It's quiet and peaceful. If you stay away from the Tahrir Place you have nothing to worry. Anyway there where almost no tourist at that time and so I had the wonderful world famous Pyramids for myself. I counted only 3 other tourists visiting the pyramids. In other times there where thousands of tourists.

At the end of my trip they offered me a free transfer to the Airport. So altogether I had a really nice stay at the Pyramids View Inn!!! Thanks again!

Room Tip: You can take a room with pyramids view but you can hear the noise from the street sometimes. You hav...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Actually pyramids view inn is more than a lovely place , clean ,a friendly staff keeping smiley all the time and looking after the guests all the time..The best view ever i think I have ever seen during the whole of my 15 years working in tourism.A small place,clean+cheap+ a fab view ! And what a lovely roof garden they have ! You feel like you are in the heart of the pyramids area and you can attend to the sound and light show from your place enjoying your coffee !

And i would like to thank the gentleman samy ( the manager & the owner ) he made our holiday wonderful,it felt like we are home ! Really he know the reall meaning of the Egyptian hospitality :-)
Actually me and my Czech and English friends happy and satisfied about every thing :))))))

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited Pyramids View with my 2 friends last week for a 2 night stay in Cairo...Prior to our visit, Sami had emailed me to offer a free transfer from the airport, which, although we didn't need it, was a lovely touch. We were tired after our journey from Luxor and Sami and his team made us feel at home immediately. I was certainly relieved that they carried my enormous suitcase up the stairs ! Our rooms were bright and clean with private bathroom facilities two steps away...And quilts on our beds rather than the usual blankets.
We arrived late, but they could not be more helpful, providing much needed coffee for us...... And the view !! The Sphinx and Pyramids outside of our windows - Amazing !
The roof terrace is fantastic and we watched the sound and light show and marvelled at how lucky we were to find this little gem.
When we return to Cairo we will definitely return to the Pyramids View Inn...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I moved to Alexandria recently and this was my first time in Cairo. We only stayed for one night but this hotel made the trip 10x better. It is very simple but what more do you need than a bed and a clean toilet? The staff were very friendly and helped us organize a guide for the Pyramids which was amazing. The staff couldn't help you enough and were very efficient. There was a light broke in the toilet and this was fixed within a minute of me telling the owner (trust me that is good for Egypt. I have lived here for a month now and lets just say they are not the most urgent of people). I met the owner and he was really friendly. Easy to talk to and he spoke to all his guests. its a shame with the current situation that the area is lacking tourists. The people need tourists to sustain their living and talking to people you can see what the visits mean. on top of all this the view is magnificent. The roof terrace overlooks the Pyramids and you get a perfect view of the light show i'd say a better view than the paying seats). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I have never reviewed any where before but felt that people needed to know about this little gem. I'm already planning on going again!

Room Tip: The view rooms are amazing. One at least has a little balcony (room 202). It is small with two singl...
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was not expecting luxuries, but this b&b is rather poor… I booked room without view as I was staying there only one night.

The room wasn’t nice, empty with 2 beds and nothing else… private bathroom doesn’t mean en suite, I have learnt.
Breakfast wasn’t nice, the only good thing was the view and the fact I was picked up from the airport.

If you are used to reasonable standard of accommodation, this place is not for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
samyghoneim, Manager at Pyramids View Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that you had Bad you Did not have positive experience With your stay with us, we take reviews very seriously , we work harder to be sure our guest is enjoying there stay with us ,your room was equipped with full bathroom en suite, air-condition, TV, Internet and you booked non view standard room and that what its in standers room without view , all includes free airport pickup , breakfast, city map, water bottle. internet Wi FI,
we hope that you will consider trying us again.

Been to Pyramids View Inn? Share your experiences!