“We would stay again, and recommend it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pyramids View Inn

Save Saved
You added Pyramids View Inn to your Saves list
Pyramids View Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sphinx Street - nazlet el samman | Pyramids Sound & Light Square, Cairo 1212, Egypt   |
Offers & Announcements
Free airport Pickup
Ranked #4 of 131 hotels in Cairo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“We would stay again, and recommend it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My three lads and wife really enjoyed this hotel (as did I). The staff was very helpful, they offered an airport shuttle, and arranged some inexpensive tours for us. The view from both our room and the dining area on the roof was amazing. We would absolutely recommend it to our friends, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

As mentioned earlier - dont expect a great hotel with full facilities. It is an Inn with a double bed and shared bathroom. However rest of the elements are great:
1. Excellent location
2. Very helpful staff - special thanks to Kamaal who had everything - including prepaid mobile recharges, water, even served us breakfast at 5:30 am before we left for the airport
3. Free pickup from the airport
4. Good breakfast
5. Away from main city and Tahirir square - so no issues about safety (for those who are concerned)

Downsides:
1. Point 5 - so one way taxi fare to cairo city costs 40-50 egyptian pounds
2. Rooms could be cleaner - dont think they do any cleaning on a daily basis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
pyramidsview, Owner at Pyramids View Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear our Guest
Thank you for your great review, and I am glad that you had A great time with, regarding the Bathrooms, it was true with only 3 rooms in the back of the building but the rest of the rooms has its own bathrooms, as of 15 April even the back 3 rooms will have its own after we got the approval from the local government.
All rooms get cleaned every day, however clean the room again later on the day is up to the guest request. Which we have signs in every room explain the process of cleaning.
Thanks Again
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The service and food were really great. The waiters are helpful and serve you with a smile.
They present a wide variety of food on the open buffet.
I had a special breakfast and morning there. The hotel is beautiful, a resort in the city.

Stayed March 2013
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel does indeed feature a wonderful location and fabulous rooftop deck where you can see the Sound & Light show in the evening. Food is served on the deck which is very good and resonably priced. For this alone, I feel like the hotel is worth consideration. We had a fabulous evening on our last day in Egypt here enjoying the view from the rooftop. The hotel also arranged a very good price on our airport transfer at 1:30 am.

But, be aware that what you get is a small room with shared bath and sitting area. I was shocked when we were first shown our $80 per night room. It was about 10 x 10 feet square with two double beds crammed against the walls and a small nightstand inbetween. There was literally nothing else in the room and the decor was a sort of mishmash. It had a sliding glass window with a view of the pyramids. We were supposed to have a balcony, but when we checked in apparently they had given that room to someone else. It was hard to appreciate the view as you had no where to sit. We were told that our bathroom was private, but it was in a communal area and wasn't locked so anyone could use it. I was really glad that we had only booked one night in that particular room.

I think this hotel would be a good choice if you pick a budget room and enjoy it for the wonderful rooftop deck and communal features. But, I would not recommend the premium pyramid view room if you are expecting a nice room for that amount. Save your cash and spend it on a nice dinner on the deck. This hotel is not for anyone wanting any sort of luxury! But, it is a very good budget option if you are OK with hostel type accommodations.

Room Tip: Go for the budget rooms otherwise you may be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was there from 7th-16th February,was skeptical of going actually but after some research realized the country was still fine as a whole so off I went!Free shuttle fr airport,clean room,helpful stuffs esp Kamal,good priced and a priceless view 24hrs,
Highly recommended.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

If I dont convince you to take this hotel just read another reviev!

I arrived to the hotel late saturday night, I told them that I found them on tripadvisor and they gave me their best room for the best price right away. The following morning I was up late because I didn't need to leave the hotel until 3 so I figgured I will go and watch the pyramids and have breakfast at some lokal joint. I asked in the reception for an ATM and Kamal who works with tourist service offered to show me to the closest one. When we got there the ATM was out of service so Kamal called for a ride so he could show me to the next one, and the next one and the next one. After a while we realised that my card was the problem, so there I was alone in Cairo with no money or phone. Kamal then made it his mission for the day to make sure that I would catch my flight later that day. Drove me around, borrowed me his phone, helped me with the language, well he did everything without asking for anything. We were driving around the whole day, ATM, Western union, hotel, ATM, you name it! I owe him big time! Thanks to the guys at Pyramids view inn I'am tonight at Doha airport waiting for my next flight instead of broke and scared in Cairo.

I have never met more helpful people in my whole life!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The things that are great about this hotel are fantastic, but there are things that are not so great too.

Firstly the things that are fantastic- the service that you receive from the gang of chaps at this hotel is really good- they will (for a price of course) take care of all your needs while you are in Cairo, and are always friendly and chatty, generally making your time enjoyable. Also there is obviously the view from the roof terrace and some of the rooms of the pyramids and the sphinx, which is totally amazing.

Now for the things that are not so good.

Funnily enough we found that staying by the pyramids was a mistake. You cannot understand what Cairo is like until you get there. The amount of traffic and people is utterly overwhelming and to get to anything other than the pyramids took at least an hour in choking traffic jams. By the time we got back to the hotel in the evening we certainly did not want to go anywhere else in a car but the only options for dinner were at the hotel (basic Egyptian food from a nearby take away) or pizza hut or KFC. The fact that it's right next to the sound and light show at the pyramids means that you get constant hassle from taxi/horse rides around the pyramids/a million different other people trying to sell you something.
The other downs we had with the hotel were that the breakfast we received on the first day was terrible(cold everything, including chips), we asked to get just a sweet roll on the next couple of days, which was OK. It is definitely a budget option- none of the rooms have en suite, and our room (djoser) was right by the metal stairs leading up to the roof terrace, so that when people first arrived at whatever time of day or night and obvioiusly wanted to see the view, we were woken up by the noise of them going up and down.
I feel guilty giving the down sides of this hotel becaase the guys that run it are really great and do such a good job at making you feel welcome and if I was staying in Cairo for a couple of nights just to see the pyramids this is a great place to stay. Otherwise I would probably stay down town.

Room Tip: don't stay in djoser, its right next to the metal stairs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pyramids View Inn? Share your experiences!