“How can you beat this View?? Pyramids literally across the Street!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pyramids View Inn

You added Pyramids View Inn to your Saves list
Pyramids View Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Sphinx Street - nazlet el samman | Pyramids Sound & Light Square, Cairo 1212, Egypt   |
Special Offer
Free airport Pickup
Ranked #2 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
“How can you beat this View?? Pyramids literally across the Street!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

OK, there are a number of things that could be better for $80/night - but let me start with the MOST AWESOME thing - The VIEW!! Literally across the Street from the Pyramids - the Sphinx was looking right at our window! (see pictures). I'm not sure it's worth the extra $40 to have a "pyramid view" room - it was amazing, but you only look out a few times a day. The view from the roof is Unbelievable. Watching the sun come up on the Pyramids was awesome. Watching the sun set on the Pyramids was awesome. Everything about them was Awesome!

Another up side is Mohamed, our host who picked us up at the airport and helped us make all arrangements during our 3-day stay. Very straightforward guy, very helpful and very friendly.

Rooms are "reasonable". Bathrooms are very decent. Only the bedrooms have A/C, so you walk out into a furnace. Kitchen was quite dodgey, but we didn't use it anyway. Beds were comfortable enough. Breakfast was very simple - bread, boiled egg, cheese and juice. Ask for coffee or tea the night before if you'd like to have some.

For us, the location was Ideal. By far the main thing we wanted to do was explore the pyramids. We went for a camel ride for 2 hours (awesome), and then a dune-buggy ride for 1.5 hours (awesome), and just watched the sunset on the pyramids (awesome). If you want to do a lot of things in downtown Cairo, this might not be the best location; but if the Pyramids are your thing, then this is your place.

Not much in the way of restaurants nearby - except for a KFC right down the street!

In all, i would recommend it - i can't imagine a better view/location for the price, and the helpful service helps a great deal.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Not sure $40 extra for Pyramid View is worth it... just a window view, not a full-length door or bal...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pyramid View Hostel is located at the feet of the Sphinx, across the street from the entrance to the Sound and Light Show. The surrounding area is pretty rough looking, but we didn't run into any problems walking around day or evening. This is a Hostel, do not expect Hotel service or amenities. Do expect to feel welcomed by Franco and the other staff (some of whom speak no English).

The taxi we used from the airport did not know where the hostel was, even with the street address. He tried to drop us off at a few other Pyramid... Hotel places (not sure if these were places that paid taxis to do this), but we were persistent and had to help him with directions. The best instruction is to tell them to go to the Sphinx, or to the Sound and Light show. You can see the pyramids when you are close, so just navigate to the South side of the large pyramid and you'll see a small Pyramid View Hostel sign hanging at the entrance.

The Hostel is above some shops, and the stairway is narrow. They have two floors of rooms, with shared common areas for each group of rooms. A large roof deck is accessed by a steep metal stairway. The shared bathrooms were clean. Tile walls, glass surrounds for the shower, and they had soap/shampoo in each one. The A/C worked (after turning it on and waiting an hour or so for the room to cool down). The beds were standard Egyptian cotton-stuffed mattresses, very firm. The sheets were clean, as were the towels they gave us. We had one of the pyramid view rooms (we were the only people in the Hostel when we checked in) which had a small dorm-size refrigerator (great for storing your bottled water).

Franco was very helpful and gave us his personal attention; from checking on us throughout or stay, to walking us to/from the restaurant and even negotiating the bill, to arranging taxis to go to Cairo, and a horse carriage ride on the plateau. We did have some problems when he was not there. It was difficult to communicate with some of the other staff, but they even went down to a shop to grab a person that spoke English when we were not able to get our request across. This was fine with us, we are the ones that don't speak the language (Arabic), not them.

They served a classic Egyptian breakfast on the roof deck every morning; falafel, tahini, eggplant, bread, juice, and tea or coffee. What an amazing view, watching the sun come up and light the pyramids. The Sound and Light show is visible and audible from the roof deck, so each evening you get to see/watch it for free (twice a night, in English and then again in another language). So the ticket price into the cost of your stay, plus the amazing view and early access to the pyramids, and you'll see what a great deal the Pyramid View Hostel really is.

They let us store our bags the day we checked out, and we were able to use the shared bathrooms to freshen up before our overnight train to Aswan. The hostel is in Giza, but it is pretty far from the Giza train station. Keep that in mind if you are using the train to get to/from the hostel. Franco or any of the shop keepers on the street will be able to arrange a taxi for you. There is a mosque directly across the street, so be ready for the call to prayer over the megaphone. We hear it the first night, then never noticed it again. You're in Egypt, expect it.

If you want to immerse yourself in the Giza experience, you can't pick a better place. Put yourself on Egyptian time and enjoy the area.

Room Tip: Pyramid view is looking North, across the quiet street, but facing the mosque. Other rooms look over...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were also a little nervous about coming to Cairo given the travel alerts but Sami and his staff made us feel safe and welcome. Our guide Hamada met us at the airport (free of charge) and took care of us the rest of the weekend for a small and well deserved fee. I wouldn't recommend the Nile River Cruise. It was a little cheesy but the rest of the weekend more than made up for it. The view is unbelievable. I came to Cairo to see the pyramids and see them I did. We started each morning and ended each night on the rooftop, with breakfast (included), dinner, drinks and shisha all brought to us. Talk about service! The rooms also had great views. Our guide coordinated with us each evening about the next day's adventure and helped us organize everything we wanted to do. We went to the pyramids and Saqqara, on a morning felucca ride and to the Egyptian museum. I also very much appreciated being told that the markets we're not the best idea that weekend. I can not say enough how nice it was to have our guide arrange everything for us and drive us around. It was hassle free. We had a great weekend. Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was very aprehensive in making a 1 day stop in Cairo. Samy kept in constant contact with me and I decided to take the risk and knock this one off my bucket list. I'm so glad I did! Mohamed was waiting at airport. Immediately took me on a whirlwind tour. When the winds were not blowing for the sail boat on the Nile tour, he worked a camel ride at the pyramids. We were at the Egyptian Museum when it opened. Took me for arabic lunch and then off on the camel ride. Kamel and Foxy the camel is something I will never forget as I rode toward the Pyramids! I was sore from strattling the huge animal. Came back to find that I was upgraded to the Syphix view. WOW! Kept looking out the window, couldn't believe it. Dinner was brought to me.and ate it in the terrace while enjoying the Light and Sound show. Twice! In English and Italian! Mr. Ramadan and the other staff member were great! Brought up Shisha and cold beverages and ensured that I was comfortable and taken care of. Don't miss getting up early and watching the sun splash on the Pyramids. Its magical. I felt safe throughout my stay and highly recommend visiting Egypt. Flexibility is the key when visiting a country in political strife. I will admit that I enjoyed having the pyramids to myself, but It was sad to see the airport and Giza like ghosttowns due to many tourist cancellations. Egypt needs you now more than ever, just use common sense, watch your "six", and stay in a place like Pyramid View!.

Room Tip: The rooms are clean, budget accomodation. Its the view that sets it apart.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Saint Nicolas, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were met at the airport by Mohammed who took us back to the hotel for free. It was a great start to the holiday. Mohammed became our guide for our time in Cairo and we really enjoyed it.
- Breakfast was good honest egyptian food served on the balcony.
- Rooms had A/C which was really welcome! There was also a fridge
- We were in room 1, which had a direct view of the pyramid/sphinx.
- The rooms are not ensuite but there are shared bathrooms available (2).
- Area is 'ok'. Apart from the pyramids/sphinx it is hard to do much other sightseeing in the area (although it is VERY accessible to go to Saqqara/central cairo with a car).
- Service was great and the staff were friendly and always smiling.
- I rated the sleep quality as poor as with the room we stayed in - you are directly on the street. This means you hear all of the cars/donkeys/camels passing below, the calls to prayer from the mosque across the road, the dogs fighting etc. You could argue this is a small price to pay for the view - but for me it just made me overtired as I just didn't get a good night's sleep throughout the time that i was there.

Overall this hotel is great for the pyramids and you'll be pushed to find a similar quality in this area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Knowing it can feel unsafe to go to Egypt now, we had the greatest trip ever, we stayed at this hotel, its location is fabulous, the staff very helpful and nice, we were taken care of all the time. They arranged our tour in Luxor and we were very happy with our guides and excellent service.
We recoommend this place highly not only for the service but for the friends we made....Thank you!

Room Tip: The ones looking to the pyramids.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
samyghoneim, Owner at Pyramids View Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Pyramids View Inn is a family owned Bed & Breakfast in the Pyramids area in Cairo. We strive to provide the best service to our Guests and we care about their experience and enjoyment. Also. knowing that we have the best view of the pyramids and sphinx in Egypt, we take pride in providing them the experiene of their lives. Many of our guests are retuning patrons. I would like to thank our Guests for their honest review. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Grafton Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

When I knew we were fianlly going to egypt ( 42yr dream come true, wanted to go since 8yr old) I said to my husband, that I want to wake up and see the pyramids from my hotel window. It took me several weeks to find this remarkable little hotel ( there are 800 hotels in Cairo). We were so impressed with the hotel, our room, and the staff. There are 6 rooms on the second floor of this hotel, the first floor under renovation atm.There is a communal kitchen and three bathrooms to share between the six rooms, all newly finished. In the centre is a dining,lounge and wifi area. There is also a computer for internet use for those not having wifi. If you want a room with a pyramids view it costs a little more. You can see the light and sound show from the hotel rooftop. the entrance to the pyramids is across the street.

Room Tip: This hotel doesn't normally include breakfast- you cook/prepare your own.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Pyramids View Inn? Share your experiences!