“Stress-free sight-seeing!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 223 Activities in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Egypt Tours is owned by Adel Abu El Naga, who is one of the senior Egyptologist guides in Egypt. Your Egypt Tours is a small tour company based in Egypt and have been designing and leading private and group tours for over 8 years. We invest 100% of our time and energy in delivering first-class service.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Stress-free sight-seeing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My day trip from Luxor to Cairo on 21st December exceeded my expectations on all levels. I was anticipating an extremely busy and possibly dirty Cairo, interspersed with the odd glimpses of violent unrest and angry demonstrations due to the current political situation. I couldn't have been more wrong and it couldn't have been more different. I was very pleasantly suprised.
Cairo was extremely quiet, apparently it is more so on a Friday as this is the government's offical day off, equivalent to our Sunday. We were greeted at the airport by our professional guide Hussein from Your Egypt Tours. He was articulate, intelligent and spoke excellent English. After a warm welcome he arranged for the driver of a modern people carrier to pick us up outside the terminal. We were taken to the Cairo Museum and the ticket buying was taken care of by Hussein. This removed any possible queuing or hassle.
We enjoyed an informative guide of the museum and he chose items and artefacts of the most interest and ones associated with fascinating stories. As a qualified Egyptologist, his knowledge was excellent.
The pyramids were not disappointing. Again, amazingly, they were very quiet and we were told that at the height of the tourism, can attract up to 40, 000 visitors! We were not hassled as Hussein spoke to the locals that approached us with a firm "they are not interested". We received an educational briefing and he took us around all the main sites on the complex. He recommended the middle pyramid as apparently it is much easier to climb. We wanted to go in the Great Pyramid but couldn't anyway because it was closed for restoration that day as something had fallen down.
Basically we did everything we wanted to do in the day and found the whole experience professional, enjoyable and easy. Your Egypt Tours do what they say on the tin! They deliver a high quality and professional service. Hussein and the driver were easy company and we felt very at ease and relaxed.
So many people commented on the dangers of visiting Cairo at this time and how they thought it was unsafe. Again, all unfounded and I believe to be scaremongering. The media's hype has affected their tourism massively. Contrary to popular beliefs, Egypt is a safe country. The people are friendly, sincere and just like anywhere else, trying to make a living and provide for their families. Put it this way, if I had a choice of walking the streets of Cairo on my own at night or the streets of some Manchester districts, I know which I would choose!
I would highly recommend Your Egypt Tours to anyone who wants to see the wonderful sights of Cairo and Egypt - they make it so easy and enjoyable and take out all of the stress.

Visited December 2012

Centerville, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were not sure how these tours were going to be since they are all individual tours and not group tours since tourism is down so much in Egypt. I am so glad that we booked our tours through "Your Egypt Tours." It was such a great experience. We booked three different tours and they were all incredible. Everything was well planned and everybody was great.

We did a tour with Hussain of Memphis and Giza which was spectacular. Hussain, like all of our guides, had an advanced degree in Egyptology and was able to explain everything so well and made the trip so much more interesting. It was because of Hussain that we decided to book another tour the next day for a tour of the Egyptian Museum, Islamic Cairo and the market.

Our tour of the museum, Islamic Cairo and the market was spectacular. Taha was great! His wealth of knowledge about Egypt and the items in the museum was great. I feel like if we had not had a guide for the museum we would have missed so much. Not only because we would have not know the significance of everything, but also because we would have felt overwhelmed with everything there is to see in the museum. Taha explained everything and guided us around. It was a great experience. Islamic Cairo and the market were also great.

Our third trip was in Luxor to see the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut's Temple. Our guide, Ahmed, was also great! The tour was fantastic (the Valley of the King's was amazing!) and again, we learned so much! We even ended up going to the sound and light show at Karnak Temple that night with Ahmed.

I would highly, highly, highly recommend booking a tour with Your Egypt Tours if you find yourself visiting Egypt. When we go book we will for sure book again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Memorable Experience with Your Egypt Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I arrived to Cairo with some concern on how much I would be able to experience the true beauty of Egypt with the recent protests and demonstrations. But as soon as I met up with my tour guide - Mamdouh, all those concerns went away. I finally understood why this company receives great praise over and over again. You really get to see the best of Cairo - the history, the culture, the experience of a lifetime. It is true that the bar is set very high with the services that one receives. I was able to change my itinerary with no problem and see more of Cairo than I expected. The knowledge that my tour guide had on the history was impressive. From the Egyptian museum, to the pyramids, to Islamic Cairo, etc., my tour guide brought history back to life. I've done group tours before, but the opportunity to have a tour guide to yourself is fantastic. I could write more, but I highly recommend Your Egypt Tours. They truly work hard to give you the best experience. You feel safe. And most importantly, they put a smile on your face and wanting to come back again to Cairo.

Visited December 2012
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Service from Your Egypt Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were very lucky that our visit to Egypt took place at a time when Cairo was calm, so our tour was able to proceed as planned. When our cruise ship docked in Alexandria, Mamdouh, our guide was waiting for us, and we travelled in a comfortable minibus to Cairo. We visited the pyramids and the mosque of Mohammed Ali, then took a lunch cruise on the Nile before heading back to the ship with a stop at the Papyrus Institute. Mamdouh has an excellent command of English and a wealth of knowledge about the attractions we saw. We were happy to know that he would be our guide in Alexandria the next day and I have already recommended his service to family members who plan to visit the area as soon as the political situation allows.

Skipton
5 attraction reviews
“Great booking experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were meant to tour with Your Eygpt tours in cairo on the 26th november. Due to the problems in the city our ship would not allow independant tours. for insurance purposes. We notified the company by text and they were very understanding. My review therefore is based on the excellent booking service and customer relations. Prior to the date of the tour all our questions were answered promptly by email. We were very sorry not to be able to complete the tour but would not hesitate to book again with the company if we are lucky enough to visit this wonderful country again