We stayed for nearly a month at this hotel for my work since it was the best situated apartment hotel in Maadi Degla, Cairo near the office and school. What was best was the attitutde of staff and service. However, that did not compensate for the very poor conditions. The apartment itself was adequate. However, during our stay there were frequent power outages and the electrical wiring in the apartment itself was old and outdated. Whenever we turned on the water boiler or microwave, more than not the fuses popped. The air conditioning system was very old and loud, too. It was more like being close to an airport -- as a consequence we rarely used it.
Perhaps the worst experience was the fire that happened in the room below ours during the night. No one alerted us and only the smell of smoke indicated something bad had happened. As it turned out, the management contained the fire but didn't see the need to alert the tenants. We have three small children. So it undermined our trust in the facility and the management's judgement. The smell of smoke lingered for a week and the hotel offerred no compensation.
For purely safety reasons, I do not recommend anyone stay at the hotel until it is upgraded -- particularly in regards to the electrical wiring. The location is good but the risks and inconveniences are just too much.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.