“Best Beef in Egypt!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+20 109 639 6556
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 3,909 Restaurants in Cairo
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant little swiss is a restaurant which offers typical high quality swiss food. On our menu you can find original swiss cheese fondue, raclette, and meat tablegrill and also other typical swiss dishes like Riz Casimir or Fillet Stroganoff. A highlight of our desserts is a chocolate fondue which is made of original swiss Toblerone chocolate. In our restaurant you can enjoy the swiss food in a cozy and nice atmosphere with a lot of swiss decoration. We're looking forward to your visit!
Chicago, Illinois USA & Cairo, Egypt
“Best Beef in Egypt!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I had a nice romantic dinner here last week. I was never a real fondue fan, but my wife wanted to go. I read good reviews, so I was expecting a lot, and I was not disappointed. Everything was very nice, clean, and the restaurant is small but cozy.

Their cheese is imported. But by far the best thing we had was the beef. Their beef has to be the best beef I've ever had in Egypt. I have been here since 2005. I am a very picky beef eater. I think most beef in Egypt tastes a bit "gamey". I prefer the USDA choice beef from the States. But this beef (although it is from Egypt) is softened and prepared perfectly. It doesn't taste gamey. In fact, it tastes so good!!!!

I would come here just for the beef!!!!

One thing: you have to make a reservation. It is booked in advance for many days!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“Great fondue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

my first time was couple of months ago, a friend invited me there and said ''definitely u should try this, trust me''despite of that im not a meat lover but i did!i really enjoyed my meal and went several times since, cheese fondue is amazinggggg! the place is small but cozy though, managed by a v v v nice and friendly swiss lady!i strongly recommend this place!:)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“great fondue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I wanted to try this restaurant once I heard about it and finally went last week. Despite the decor being very cheesy (no pun intended, but it is really awful), the restaurant has dim lighting and a very romantic feel.

The cheese fondue is perfection, the raclette is as real as it gets, and the grilled meats are so fun to do at the table. The chocolate fondue at the end was just incredible. This is one of the few places in Cairo where things are done correctly, and not "good enough" as most restaurants seem to target in this city. The meal generated several, "Mmm, delicious," comments.

The portions are extremely small, so you practically have to order everything on the menu for a proper meal, which is very pricey. Without wine, we spent 550 LE for 2.

However the disappointing part (which is why this only gets 4 stars instead of 5) is that at the end, while we did order a lot and were really taking our time enjoying the meal, before they even took away our dessert, the owner asked us to leave because she had other customers waiting outside. I'm sorry, but when spending so much for a meal, I expect to take as much time as I like enjoying it. This really left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not sure that I would go back there again as a result.

Hopefully other guests don't have the same experience. Make a reservation, the restaurant is so small it is necessary.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Amazing place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been there once; loved the fact that the place is not really known and commercial! Somewhere hidden in maadi degla! Meat and cheese were AMAZING! Fondue and Raclette couldnt get any better! Great choice if you are into real swiss fondue...very expensive though!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stavanger, Norway
“Swiss charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Celebrated my birthday in excellent atmosphere. Great cheese fondue, table grill and chocolate fondue! 1 fondue per 1 person (small portions). Good value for price.

Visited January 2013