“Great stay! Better service than Sofitel El-Gezirah” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss Inn Hotel Cairo

You added Swiss Inn Hotel Cairo to your Saves list
Swiss Inn Hotel Cairo
7 El Hegaz St, From Gamet El Dewal El Arabia St | El Mohandeseen, Cairo 12411, Egypt   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #40 of 133 Hotels in Cairo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great stay! Better service than Sofitel El-Gezirah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

From the outside, the building looks a bit dodgy but when you actually enter the hotel entrance, you'll find that it is clean and the reception is friendly, helpful and very welcoming. The room is modern, spacious and clean. The staff is very kind, helpful with good manner, and very considerate. Swiss Inn has trained their staff much much better than a five-star hotel like Sofitel El-Gezirah which costs USD 250/night. Every demand has been fulfilled with prompt and with quality response. Breakfast is not very diverse but at least you can order omelet/fried eggs/ breads and they have yogurt, coffee (not that great), cheese and some salad - so it's good enough. Only thing that is not good is the hot water in the bathroom, only during construction period. The hotel shut hot water but just make a call then it will return to perfect working condition within 5 mins. You can also ask the reception to make the bill as you like, easier to deal with reception here than any other hotel in Egypt. The service in this hotel should be listed as six stars. Over all, great stay and worth every penny.

Room Tip: shouldn't stay on 13th floor since 14th fl is a bar or at least stay on the other side of the fl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Very clean rooms and helpful staff. The rooms are very big There's wireless internet for free in the rooms and it works very well. Perfect to stay in touch with friends. They gave me welcome drink. They took care of me very well. I cannot express in words how great our day with them was!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

We had a very good time in this hotel. Th rooms are very big as I had two rooms but becasue of my kids I have asked them to move two beds in my room and we still had lots of space in the room. The staff for SwissInn is very helpful and probably the most polite worker I have seen in any other Hotel. There tours are very good and compare to other tours it was very cheap. For my six days tour every morning I get a mini Van with Driver and a guide till the evening. I never had to do any thing since they will takecare of buying the tickets for us everywhere and we never had to get in lines. This was the best thing and I feel like royal that we never had to do any thing and they were taking care of everything for us that includes picking us from the Airport and till then end of our trip and making sure that we enjoy our stay in Egypt to the extend.

They could improve the quality of their breakfast and may be room cleannes but still it was like 4 star hotel . I will for sure stay in that hotel again and recommend as the best hotel for the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

I am so surprised that people say that this is a great hotel and staff are friendly and helpful etc.

We found the total opposite. This hotel looks nice once you walk in the foyer and that is where it stops. We had a 'cheaper' room which wasn't renovated like some of the others we saw (they were quite nice). Our room was ok, rather old and had a mouldy smell but ok. Airconditioner was loud. My friend's room stunk of urine and moved.

A few things we hated about this hotel are:

We only made a few simple requests from the reception staff and they were absolutely hopeless and very very slow and waited days before they would do anything. I must stress we had to repeatedly ask them the same thing over and over again and I mean they were very SIMPLE requests. This was very frustrating.

The breakfast well that was quite disgusting really. The WORST breakfast I have ever had in my 9 months of travelling the world. OK, where do I start, you had a buffet style breakfast which had cold sausages, cold pancakes, cold eggs, cold mash potato, then breads, cheeses, cakes that were just ok. Seriously this breakfast was so bad. Also the staff were very slack in restocking the breakfast and most of the time you never got anything a bit decent. Very rarely were things restocked so you just had to have what crap was left. I couldn't believe it. We tried going down for breakfast earlier in the morning and that didn't improve things. You were lucky to get juice only if they would put it on the table. You had to ask for tea or coffee.

The location of this hotel isn't great and please whatever you DO NOT pay a lot for taxis in Cairo. Unfortunately in Egypt they seriously rip you off and are rude and extremely pushy. Don't feel bad about haggling, haggle hard! They will rip you blind.

So NO I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel has a lot of improving to do before it would even be considered a star rating.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

It was my 11th trip to Cairo and I've tried different hotels before, but until now I have to say that swiss inn was one of the best for me. The rooms look modern, are clean, have spacious bathrooms and I had a balcony providing a great view from the 13th floor.
On the top floor of the hotel they have a restaurant, but unfortunately it was closed for renovation in August.
There's wireless internet for free in the rooms and it works very well. Perfect to stay in touch with friends at home and for all who wouldn't stay disconnected to www for more than a day. :)
The hotel is a short (depends on time and traffic) taxi ride from Downtown, but in a good place and surounded by lots of cafés, shops and restaurants.
I didn't use room service and didn't book any trips offered by the hotel, but the staff I met was very nice and friendly.

All in all I liked the place and I think it's a good deal to book a room at Swiss Inn (check the hotel website for special offers!), because you get a good service for a good price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I stayed here for a week in Nov 2010. The hotel was clean and tidy, and the bathroom was very modern (see pics). The location was not perfect. It was not close to central Cairo. You will have to take taxi, but it is quite cheap. On a white taxi (withmetre) to the museum should cost less than 15 LE. Breakfast was a bit boring, but acceptable.

I didn't take any of their tours. I asked how much to take me to the pyramids. They gave a quote of 115 USD for 8 hours of driver and guide. I knew it was too expensive. Well, basically I think everything they try to charge you in USD would be a rip off in Egypt. You can take a taxi to the pyramids for about 40 LE, def no more than 50 LE.

But it was good value overall. I initially booked it through booking.com. However, I found that they have stay 3 nights get one night free on their own website. So I cancalled my booking on booking.com, and booked it through their website directly (emails) to get the offers. I stayed for 8 nights and paid for only 6 nights! They did not reply emails very often. Sometimes it took a few day sto get response. When I stayed there, they also offered free airport pick up service and free Wi-Fi in room. Good value!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

We had a fantastic stay at the Swiss Inn Hotel in Cairo Eygpt. (Mohandseen)!! The staff was great and set us everything for us. They took care of all our tours, which could not have been better! We took one tour outside the hotel which was ok, but was not up to the standards the hotel had. Their guides were very informative and fun to be with. There english was superb and was obvious they had a great passion for what they are doing!! The hotel took care of our every need. Their continental breakfast was also wonderful. Hotel was very clean and well cared for. All the people were fantastic and friendly. I can not express in words how great our holiday with them was!! We heard horror stories from other people who stayed at different places. They even made tours for us in Luxor which meant sending us by train and had everthing set up perfectly for us! They even drove us to the train station and took us directly onto the train and found our seats for us and stayed with us until the train departed. Marco and Michael were fantastic. The tour they set up for us was also great and with another wonderful tour guide. We knew ahead of time what everything would cost and was never disappointed! i WOULD HIGHLY Reccomend to anyone traveling to Eygpt to use this hotel!!! You will not be disappointed!!! It was also our honeymoon and they set up a special boat ride down the nile in Luxor free of charge just for us!!! It was very romantic. I loved Eygpt and would return in a heart beat!!!
Thank you Marcoand the Swiss Inn ...for making our honeymoon so special....we will never forget you, my friends!!!!
Paul and Wanda Breault

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Swiss Inn Hotel Cairo? Share your experiences!