“Vacation on Cairo ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo

You added Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo to your Saves list
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Ahmed Ragheb Street | Cornish El-Nile, Garden City, Cairo 11519, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 134 Hotels in Cairo
“Vacation on Cairo ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Beautiful hotel lovely staff great view excellent service very polished high class love the swimming pool and food in the Down town of Cairo near by all the tourists location easy to go anywhere I highly recommend to stay few days in Cairo best location and services

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I used to stay in Kepinski Cairo Hotel for 6 days during May 02 to May 07, it was really nice for me to stay in a very good Hotel. Especially the services of the receptionists are very polite.
I wish to go there again with my family.

Room Tip: Good view to Nile
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
aboudi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I visited the hotel in May of 2015. This review you to the fact that they were rude to my guest and proved to be a bunch of hypocrites .One of the most important things for a five star hotel is the server and this service does not even come close to anything close to 5 stars. It is very sad that in the world we live in today that this hotel can act as if they are in the 7th century and their treatment of women can be so degrading and so aggressive they might as well be in Saudi Arabia. Beyond that surroundings of the hotel and the balcony were as disgusting and dirty as anything could be .definitely not worth paying a dimefor that stay . Extremely disappointing and definitely see a showcase 2.how backwards a people can be

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Perfect place for my weekend vacation, very helpful and friendly service, warm and cozy atmosphere, great room balcony with amazing view, very nice and elegant restaurants with very nice and helpful staff, pool area is relatively small but so cosy and tge spa is great.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Rabat, Morocco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Yes it's a beautiful 5* hotel, but never again will I go back there! Why?

Arriving from Sharm El Sheikh where we had stayed in a small 4* hotel where we were treated like princes, and with a super professional way, we were awfully disapointed to be met by a bunch of unprofessional and incompetent receptionists who demanded that we pay the already paid airport transfer. Despite the voucher we showed them, they insisted on saying that it was not paid and that they didn't understand French (the word Voucher is the same in French and English). They asked us to show them on the voucher where the proof of our payment was (can you believe this?) They then explained that it was our travel agent's fault and that we (not them) needed to check with them. They called somebody which they claimed was our travel agent's Cairo contact and still insisted it was our travel agent's fault. We called the travel agent who, after some time, found out that it was the hotel's sales department which didn't communicate the details of our payment to the reception. They were still claiming it was our fault and when I pronounced the name of the sales person who had gone on weekend without leaving the info, they looked uneasy. After more than 20 mn of negociating and when my husband and I started to get really upset, they offered us to check in while they sorted out the problem. the damage was done. We had been treated like liers and I no longer was enjoying the beautiful place.

We changed rooms three times and were upgraded to a Nile view room after they admitted it was their fault. After my husbanded demanded official apologies, the manager called me to apologise. He was vey polite and confirmed that they shouldn't have acted so unlike a 5* star hotel.
The 25 or so minutes down at the reception were enough to spoil the only evening I stayed in this hotel. Despite the comfort and beauty of the room and despite aplogies, I still consider that it was not enough.
My advise to this hotel management, and which I told the manager when he called to apologise: on weekends, please don't leave customers (including from nationalities you obviously don't like) to deal with incompetent unprofessionnal receptionist. When facing a problem, offer the client the benefict of the doubt and have them check in while you (as in any 5* hotel) sort out the situation. Be proactive and apologise: it's 5* standard act. Last: a voucher is a voucher, whatever its origin.

One final remark: My employer in Cairo (EU delegation) uses the hotel and I'm definetly giving them feedback .

Room Tip: N'y allez pas si vous êtes à la recherche d'un service pro!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Mehdi-Zaanoun, General Manager at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ms. Safaa,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Kempinski Nile Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of staff communication that needs improving concerning the voucher .After checking with the reception team, they said that they just needed the travel agency’s confirmation, in the meantime you were invited to enjoy your room with no intention of charging you. We take pride in taking great care of our beautiful hotel’s guests needs, our main priority is to be able to offer you a comfortable atmosphere hence it was our pleasure to offer you an upgrade to a Nile view room and in room breakfast instead of the breakfast at the Blue restaurant upon your request . I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at mehdi.zaanoun@kempinski.com. If you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around.

It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our charming boutique property.

Warm regards,
Mehdi Zaanoun
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hello. The result of the stay is deceptive.Food at the swimming pool was terrible ( sick all the night), they charge you the breakfast buffet even if you don't take it ( I was sick in the room, so they charge twice one for the room service, one for the buffet) , the Nil view is great but you can't open the windows because of the traffic..the internet doesn't work if the computer guy of the hotel doesn't configurate your mobile, it was not practical at all. The plus : the size and comfort of the room and the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This a gem of a hotel. Had a beautiful view of the nile from my room. The balcony in the room was a very nice touch.
The rooms are decorated very well and give you a nice cozy feeling.
The rooftop pool and bar are very nice
The service all thru the check in to check out was impeccable.
Very impressed!!
Shall be back.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo? Share your experiences!