“The Amazing Cairo and Luxor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 200 activities in Cairo
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. we bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination.all trips with Memphis Tours is known for:High quality of service with an affordable price Flexibility with clients' interests and needs Small groups Friendly, personal service Knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, Whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
Davao City, Philippines
“The Amazing Cairo and Luxor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had a grand time in EGYPT and all thanks to MEmphis Tours!
Within 24 hours after inquiring about itineraries and what-to-dos in Egypt, Memphis Agent Ms. Fattoush Saad promptly answered and had given me the best options for a 5-day tour and even updated me from time to time about our booking.
I encountered a problem with regards to a friend who was not able to get a pre-arrival Visa in which I had to cancel her travel but Ms. Fattoush managed to help me in the refund of the fees even though I had her informed in a week time.
Our Tour Guides were EXCELLENT! Mahmoud from Cairo and Nabil of Luxor made sure that we were comfortable during the tours and they had shared marvelous information in every place we visited. I never appreciated Ancient History when we were in College but they made us felt that EGYPT has got it's marvelous History =)
The tour was nice since there are no other groups with us (we're 5 btw) and checking on other tour groups with their headset on while the guide is telling information seems like a different thing. Hence, there's no pressure in waiting for "others" when you wanted to take a little of time to a certain place (and take pictures of course!).
Mr. Hamada Roshidy who's the representative of Memphis during our arrival and Departure was pretty COOL! He even danced with us for a video we made and treated us for Lunch on our last day =p (how lucky can we get?)
Memphis Tour is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! The Tour Package was worth every penny and I'm certain i'd ask my friends to book tours with them in the Future..

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The most efficient and safest way to see Cairo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Do to somewhat unusual circumstances my husband's work has to approve where he travels. For this reason we were only able to go to Egypt for a long weekend and although we NEVER do guided tours we knew we'd have to use a guide to make the most of our time. We booked with Memphis Tours, even though I felt it was somewhat expensive. I wanted to experience everything in two days... Cairo itself, spice shops, the Great Pyramids, Zoser, Memphis, authentic lunches, mint tea, the works. I contacted Memphis Tours and never looked back - our 'coordinator' Bassem made sure we'd see what we wanted, our driver (whose name I don't remember, sorry!) kept us safe in the insanity that is Egypt traffic, and our guide Shaimaa was INCREDIBLE. She made sure we were comfortable and provided a running commentary about everything we saw. She's studying Egyptology but may as well be a photographer as well. She took soooo many great photos of the two of us together, which rarely happens for us. Not only that, she's incredibly bubbly and personable, and her English is fantastic. I'd definitely ask for her as a guide. All that said, there were minor negatives: my seat belt didn't work, we were taken to places where we were encouraged to buy things (I hate being 'sold' things but am actually glad I purchased some items). Hope this helps!

Adelaide, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Could have been better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We visited Luxor for 3 nights in October 2012. Our travel company was Memphis Tours. Our travel guide was 'Ay-man'. We really enjoyed Luxor and the region exploring the sites. Well worth a visit!! However, we were left disappointed with our guide. He spent more time on his mobile phone(s) talking to friends and women!!. Even when walking around the sites, we had to wait to ask a question as he was constantly socialising with other guides / security / people at the sites. We didnt feel he had our best interests in mind.

When visiting the Valley of the Kings, he riled me when he stated that when he had tourists wanting to visit King Tuts Tomb he would come up with 5 reasons NOT to!!!!!
He then stated the five reasons which wewre: 1) it wasnt supposed to be King Tuts tomb, 2) the ticket is too expensive to enter, 3) its not impressive (very small), 4) you can see Tuts treasures in the cairo museum and 5) if you wanted to see a mummy - go to the mummy room in the cairo museum!!!!
I WAS FURIOUS!!!! How dare he persuade people not to visit this tomb!!!! Many tourists live on the other side of the world (including us in Australia) and King Tut and the Pyramids are the most identifiable objects of Egypt to us and here is a 'tour guide' deterring people from experiencing their dream of entering his tomb!!!

It WAS where he was buried. It WAS where Howard Carter found him!! Yes the tomb is small compared to some of the others, but it has much, much more meaning to many people around the world than any of the others.

Tour Guides like Ay-man should remember ..... if it wasnt for King Tut, the pyramids and the sphinx there would be NO TOURISM INDUSTRY in Egypt!!! Yes, there are other sites but they dont have the same level of fascination like these three things.

It was a real shame as we had the best time with Memphis Tours in Cairo & surrounds. This guide in Luxor could have been better.

Winnipeg, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Horrible, Horrible, Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I did some research online and booked a 2 day tour with this company. This was the first time that we have been to Egypt. We put our trust in this company being tourists in a strange country. Our guide was very good, although we were behind schedule all day. We ran late and went straight from the tour to a Nile River dinner cruise. We ended up getting to our hotel at 11:30 pm. The tour company took us to 2 different buffet places for lunch. A day later I was sick, and the cruise we were on put me in quarantine. The "symptoms" lasted for almost 10 days. I missed one of our booked tours in the second cruise port due to illness. I thought I would let the Memphis know about my issue so that they could prevent it happening to other people. When I contacted them they kept asking for proof. They have denied everything. They even told me that the restaurant I suspected was able to provide them with 200 signatures of people that had eaten there that day. It was funny because I was there with a bus load of people from the ship, but no one on my bus was filled out a comment card or signed any book. I believe that Memphis was negligent in their duties. I took all precautions with avoiding fruit and raw veg, and not drinking the water, and using hand sanitizer, but still ended up sick and missing a big part of our once in a lifetime holiday.

Visited September 2012
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours Egypt, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear valuable Customer,
First of all, let me seize this opportunity to transmitting you all our best & sincere wishes from Memphis Tours Egypt Customer Care & Quality Control Management. We feel very sorry to hear that you have been sick; we wish you a quick recovery and good health. We thank you very much for your review posted here regarding your doubt about the food the second day of your tour. We have opened investigations in this concern. We did not receive any complaint against the restaurant, it is operating on daily basis with tour operators of Egypt, Food is fresh, the water served is a mineral water. You have booked one overnight in Cairo with 2 full days visits in which you had three restaurants, all are reputable recommendable and serving oriental food.

We do not think it is from the food because you were part of a group of 30 persons, and the day of your arrival we had a total 170 international customers all ate at the same restaurants, enjoyed the food and no one from them has experienced the same problem or had any similar symptoms also we received no complaints from other participants of the group. In our analysis you might have not supported the changing of weather and climate, this can be a cause since there is a difference in climate comparing to a hot dry climate like Egypt or otherwise you might have been subject to sensitivity against some of the components or ingredients of the Egyptian food. Mixing tranquilizers with Alcohol can also be the cause of some digestive trouble and it can show the same symptoms. We do care about our customers and it is not a negligence in our duties. These restaurants are touristic, being checked regularly by the government, Ministry of Tourism also by our quality control.

We have sent in different times our team of Quality Control to check the food and quality as we use to do regularly. Memphis Tours is committed to providing travel and related services to our international clients. The quality of service offered with the highest level of professionalism and attention to the smallest level of detail. That has always been our guiding belief, and that is what has helped us grow to be the most efficient online travel service provider in Egypt. Our quality Control department is dedicated to get in direct contact with all our clients in search for their needs, comments, and or complaints aiming at living always up to our clients' expectations and at gaining their satisfaction.

As far as possible we try to implement the improvements or suggested reforms with our suppliers as well. Any information received from your side; Memphis Tours will take it into consideration with full care We are concerned about the satisfaction of our clients to ensure that services meets our expectations according to an evaluation system which we have set up to especially measuring quality of service, analyzing results for future planning and measuring guest satisfaction as well. Customer comments also give us an insight into customer satisfaction, and help us keeping the best level of quality of service.

Our main concern is to delivering a quality of service thus our partners are well selected and all being for long years in the business. Most of the reputed Travel companies in Egypt operate with these restaurants

On behalf of Memphis Tours, we extend our sincere apology to you for any concern and we feel very sorry to hear that you have been sick, the most important thing for us at the time being is to make sure you feel better and we wish you a rapid recovery. We assure you of our best intention and we hope that such an individual will not deprive us from the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Please accept our sincere regards,

Sincerely yours,

Customer Care & Quality Control Management

Memphis Tours Egypt
Miami
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived to the port of Alexandria on our cruise tour. We stayed there for 2 days. Our tour guide, Emad Seleem and our driver, Al askary were more than accommodating. After all of the discussions about Egypt safety issues and else, our stay there was spectacular with no unpleasant moments at all. The whole stay was filled with great surprises. Emad and Al Askary picked us up in Alexandria ( 3 hours from Cairo) in a private car with air conditioning and water. On the way, Emad started by teaching us about the history of Egypt. After 3 hours we learned more that

any book could have :) Upon arrival we went directly to the pyramids, which were an experience of its own (do not leave without riding a Camel). After that we went to eat to a buffet restaurant chosen by the tour agency. The food was not great but not bad either and was included o the price so no complains there. Then we calling the day and went directly to the hotel.

It was a 5 star hotel. It was amazing with views to the pyramids. I couldn't believe that for the tour price they would have included such an exquisite hotel. Definitely a surprise. Our suite was huge and with beautiful garden views and the staff extremely helpful. It also included a free buffet breakfast that pretty much had it all you could expect with lots of traditional Egyptian food.

The next day we did the museum, some city landmarks and lots of shopping. The whole experience was perfect. The combination of great tour guide, excellent driver with our own private car, the food, the place, the landmarks and the people made it happen.

A special thanks to Emad, who not only is a tour guide but also a Egyptologist and Psychologist. He made it all happen. Made our stay safe and fun with a twist of the unexpected. We totally recommend Memphis tours and highly recommend Emad Saleem.