“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 131 Hotels in Cairo
Magill, Australia
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

They will make you feel at home, the rooms are a little old but for the price you cannot complain it is really great value, location cannot be beat right in central Cairo next to the square. We were treated really well and they really appreciated our stay. Everytime I needed something they would help, eg when I arrived one of my travel chargers wasn't working, they went to the markets at 8pm and got me one! They also escorted me to the chemist and grocery store for a few things I needed on my second day there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had 2 weeks stay in Egypt... i just browsed around on trip advisor and i came through the city view hotel i found the price affordable and i when i read the visitors review 98% was positive and good they enjoyed their stay in the hotel. When i discuss this with my husband he also found it worth staying there as the location of the hotel was city center just opposite to Tahrir square and also 2mins away from the Egypt national museum.

The response i got from (Mr.Marco) manager of the hotel about my reservation was very quick by email, he was very helpful and in few mints my reservation was done i loved the most about the hotel was also their free pick up service from the airport when you arrive, as it was our first time visiting Egypt we were a bit worried that how will we manage the transport from the airport, but all sorted in just one mail i received my reservation letter and they arranged my pickup from the airport as well. The driver(Mohammed) who came to pick us up was very friendly and jolly he made us feel home, and once we reach hotel the staff was very friendly and helpful too the room and the view of the room was amazing the view of tahrir square and the Egypt museum was simply beautiful and the room was very clean, it was worth staying as it was our first time in Egypt we just knew few main attractions out there as i discuss this with the manager before leaving to help us in letting us know what attractions and activities we can do out there. As my husband is a traveller he wanted to travel different cities by different transports to explore the nature and breathtaking views.

I just emailed Mr.Marco our interest and what we must want to see and do in Egypt, the manager mailed me and ask me to just not to worry and come to the hotel your itinerary for the 2 weeks will b given to you as soon as you arrive and you can choose what else you would want to add in it. It sound great to me as i was free from all sort of burden of how will we manage in Egypt. And i must say it was worth it, when we arrived we were offered the welcome drink of Egypt the hibiscus tea which my husband loved the most.
The travel agent name Abbu Salaam (if im not mistaken) helped us alot and made our 2 weeks itinerary keeping in my mind our needs and our interest. Me and my husband was happy to see that, as we didnt wanted to waste a day we arrived in morning and our egypt tour start from the same day in afternoon, we visited few attractions in Giza, cairo the same day. In our following days visited cities like, Luxor, Hurghada, Aswan, Alexandria and white dessert(sakara) in our 2 weeks trip.

The tour manager, tour guides throughout our journey was very helpful and kind, Specially to mention Mosses in cairo, Mohammed in Luxor, and Marco in Hurghada. We always had someone to pick us up and drop us off to our transport to another city standing with our name at the destination. Our Trip to egyt was Memorable by any chance and for this i would like to thanks the City View Hotel and their Friendly Manager Mr.Marco and Helpful staff. Me and My husband enjoyed alot staying in city view hotel as we been travelling to different countries the best hospitality, friendly and helpful staff i found was in City View hotel Cairo.

I Recommend this hotel to all the travelers who visit Cairo, must stay in this hotel. As u save up alot in accommodation so that you explore so much other things in Egypt.

I will surely be back someday to Cairo and in the same hotel.

Room Tip: Suites on the corner have larger rooms and view of both the Whole Tahrir Square and the Museum
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on a recent visit. The rooms were nice, the bed was comfortable, the staff helpful. The restaurant in the hotel was good, will a fairly priced menu. As this was my first trip to Cairo, having the staff pick me up at 1 AM at the airport was a great service and they are to be commended for this. They arranged a day trip for me with a driver and guide. They were very professional and well educated in Egyptian history. I recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

want say thank you for the staff of this hotel. friendly atmosphere, nice place, nice view, everything clean. cheap and very tasty food. was staying there just one day while making documents, but enjoyed a lot staying there. perfect view from balcony, its really city view.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
falkirk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We loved this little hotel its basic but everything is on your doorstep we asked for one of our rooms to have a musuem view which they dud and we sat at night watching the cairo hussle bussle go but friendly staff we tell everone who will listen about this wee place we will be back one day!!

• Stayed July 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for just under a week. Really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The best thing would be the prime location. It is right in the heart of Cairo. The Egyptian Museum is right across the road which itself is a highlight of Cairo. The breakfast in the morning is nice and good quality and the balcony has amazing view over the city skyline. The room are spacious and very clean the beds are very comfortable. The hotel staff are super friendly and help me organise day trips in Cairo. If you stay here you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overall, the hotel was excellent value for money. I arrived very early (7am) and they were able to get me into a room after only a short wait. The room was big with a balcony overlooking Tahrir square. So it was a little noisy but that is to be expected. The bathroom was small but very nicely designed and clean. The little restaurant was open most of the day for coffee and tea, but I mainly had breakfast there. They have free wireless plus computers that you can use for 10 pounds/hour - however they let me use it for a few minutes for free because I needed to download a document. They even printed the document for me with no extra charge.

The only drawback was when I left I paid $15 USD for the taxi (which was better deal than I could arrange) but the taxi driver complained that they hotel only paid him 50 Egyptian pounds. It put me in an awkward position. but this was minor issue.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CityViewH, General Manager at City View Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
First of all we would like to thank you for your nice review written on Trip Advisor, it was so kind of you.
Really we got very disappointed after reading your review on trip Advisor because we do all our best to make our clients get more comfort and nice stay in City View Hotel.
As we are the management at City View we have to read your review carefully and we go through an investigation for the point of weakness to improve it to help every single client satisfy as much as we can. In your case you are right because the transfer from our hotel to Cairo
Airport is costing only about $9 so we owe you $6.
Kindly accept our apologize that's why we will refund the all amount $15 back to you. Please try to send us how can we give you back the $15 as a kind of feeling sorry for this critical position that you had it with the driver.
One point I want to explain that was happened because of our new worker who still getting a training to work as a receptionist and he agreed with you for $15 to arrange a transfer for you.
Anyway we explained to him and I assure you that will never happen again. Thank you for understanding our situation and appreciate your time to read our reply.
We do apologize again as we are very sorry for what happened. We are waiting an email from you explaining how can we send you back the $15.
Thanks and all the best
City View Hotel Management

Been to City View Hotel? Share your experiences!