“Good hotel near the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Fairmont Heliopolis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Uruba, Heliopolis, Cairo 2466, Egypt   |
Ranked #26 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
Ottawa, Canada
“Good hotel near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I moved to this hotel from downtown as my work was near the airport. The traffic in Cairo is horrible. The room was nice, and the restaurants were good. We had some problems with our booking that was worked out by the amazing desk staff, who went beyond the call of duty. I enjoyed the lounges and restaurants and the pool was wonderful.
However, the housekeeping was not good. I noticed during a 5 night stay, my room was not once vacuumed. The cleaning was not well done in the bathroom. Toiletries, towels and bottled water were not replaced daily or when requested. This really took away from a nice hotel.
Security is very good in the hotel, which is important in Cairo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in June for a medical conference. The whole experience was great. The room was spacious and perfectly clean and well equipped. The conference center was huge and impressive. The options and variety of food were huge (although the things I tried were below average). The pool is great. The staff are friendly. The location is good in the current conditions as it is 5 minutes drive from the airport with an hourly free shuttle bus transport. Downtown is around 30 minutes away. Would definitely recommend it for business and conferences as well as to families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FairmontTowers, Manager at Fairmont Heliopolis, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
On behalf of Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers, I would like to thank you so much for your above kind words. We are delighted to know that you had a great experience, enjoyed our services and found our rooms spacious, perfectly clean & well equipped. We look forward to welcome you back very soon.
Stay connected with us via our Facebook Fan Page: Fairmont Heliopolis & towers, Cairo & Twitter @fheliopolis!

Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Seriously this hotel always attracts me though there are too many issues need to be fixed, housekeeping not doing their job perfectly, you always have to call many times to get them to clean your room or always will call them to complain why the room was not clean after they cleaned it. The other problem is the prices of food are too high , yes the food in this hotel is the highest mark and probably this hotel has the best room service menu and the best restaurants in cairo but still i think its too expensive. This hotel has the best pool ever in cairo, the staff at the pool area are incredibly amazing and helpful. The breakfast at the buffet is perefect, from cereal to American, european to arabic breakfast. The hotel is so huge you always can find a spot to sit there and enjoy if you cant leave the hotel. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013
FairmontTowers, Manager at Fairmont Heliopolis, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
On behalf of Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers, I would like to thank you very much for your above review. We are so glad to know that you’ve enjoyed your stay and that you liked our pool and cuisines. Regarding your concern about the housekeeping, kindly note that your comment has been taken into consideration by the hotel management who always aim to refine services. We hope to welcome you back very soon at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

These guys were quite happy to take our money; and show a smile but as soon as I refuted a charge on our bill, they were rude at best. The rooms were nice, and the breakfast is nice as well, but be careful when checking your bill and always be sure that whenever they are serving you and putting on a smile, that they are not charging you for it.

Based on this i would not go back, nor give a positive recommendation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

During recent tumultuous times I visited Cairo and Giza; my departing flight was scheduled for 2:00 am, and to make things as convenient as possible my tour company booked me at the Fairmont Helipolis. It’s a wonderful hotel, located about 3 miles from the Cairo airport.

The room, restaurants, and general ambiance were all up to a 5 star rating, and are well documented in other reviews of this hotel. What stood out for me was the courtesy and service afforded me.

In a hotel of this type you expect quality service; what I received went far beyond what I expected, or had any right to expect.

After checking out, my tour guide delivered me to the airport where I was met by long lines of very tired passengers. An Egyptian Air flight to London had been canceled due to weather, leaving hundreds looking for alternate routings. After about 2 hours, Egyptian Air was able to re-route me on a British Airways flight; the only problem, it didn’t depart for another 10 hours. What to do?

My tour guide suggested we call the hotel and explain my dilemma; though I was already checked out, the hotel offered my original room for no additional charge. To make matters even better, when I arrived, they presented me with a picnic bag of fruit pastries and juice… again, at no charge.

The service I received, both from the tour company (reviewed elsewhere), and this hotel insured they will both get my future business, and a hardy recommendation to any who will listen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Not only is this a beautiful hotel it has the best service in Egypt! Needed some throat lozengers to ward off a cold... the concierge made a brief call for me to the local pharmacy who delivered some Strepsils to the hotel. I advised the consierge I would return in 20 minutes or so to collect the item but they kindly sought me out in the foyer to hand deliver it...and it cost less than $10 aus including a generous tip (the staff member claimed I was giving them too much when I advised him to keep the change but the service was more than worth it). We stayed in four different hotels in Egypt and this was the best by far.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy to know that you’ve enjoyed your stay at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The stuff are very friendly, The rooms are very clean, the pool is perfect, The food is more than excellent , the location is very close from the airport, The service is very quickly and very good, simply it is the best hotel in cairo offers value for money and the best quality of service

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont Heliopolis? Share your experiences!