We stayed at the Fairmont the last day of our Egypt trip (31st Dec). The location is really good if you want to be closer to the Airport (about 15 mins away). It was booked through our tour company 'Memphis'. We didn't spend a lot of time at the Hotel, but here is my impression:
- Huge beautiful Hotel with many Restaurants choices
- The best Shisha (most expensive too) was at the Egyptian Restaurant at the Fairmont (Egyptian Night).
- The People are courteous and service is prompt and nice
- The lobby and for that matter all of the Hotel is well maintained and very beautiful
- There is a Casino (yay)
- If you are booking through a tour company, be prepared as the room you will get will be the most remote one, not so well maintained
- The shower took about 20 mins or so for the Hot water
- There were not enough towels (just one towel for 2 people) and no bathrobe or anything in the bathroom
They did bring in what we needed when we called the room service but I should not have to ask for the basic things in a 5 star hotel. :(
I am not sure if it was due to boking through a tour company, but for a impressive hotel like the Fairmont, the room maintainence was a bit of a disappointment.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Heliopolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Heliopolis Hotel Cairo
- Fairmont Hotel Heliopolis
- Fairmont Hotel Cairo
- Cairo Fairmont