“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo

Save Saved
You added Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo to your Saves list
Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Tesseen St, Fifth Settlement | New Cairo, Cairo 0000, Egypt   |
Ranked #13 of 131 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Dusit is a great hotel to stay in. the staff and management are willing to go out of their way to make you satisfied. The room design is modern and simple. rooms are spacious. its a great place to stay. Management listens, so if you encounter any unsatisfying experience, make sure to make it known, they'll do their best to accommodate it for it.

Room Tip: Our second room wasnt as clean as the first room we booked. it was dusty but we informed the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Ms. Mennatallah,

I highly appreciate your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback.

On behalf of Dusit Thani Lake View Cairo Team, We do promise to continue ensuring our guest’s satisfaction with a pleasant memorable experience.

All of us are eagerly waiting to welcome you back to Dusit Thani Lakeview Cairo.

Ahmed El Hady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel was a mind blower, we enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was fanatastic.
The service was great
We enjoyed every moment
I will recommend the hotel to all my friends and family.
The kids enjoyed the pool
The atmosphere was very friendly and we all had fun
I recommend the hotel to all my friends

Stayed January 2014
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Mr. Karim,

Thatcham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Indeed the best place I have stayed, is a "normal" 5 star hotel resort that you may find in manila/thailand etc, the real special thing is the staff, here they can teach one thing or 2 to the Sofitel manila just to name one, staff is nice, corteous but not over the top, always at you, Finally I have found a place where concierge/reception actually works, transfer was seemless. both way, extra care was taken even to help me getting out from security etc, little problem with aircon was fixed straight away, no need to ask twice, same as departure transfer, asked once, answer was done, and there it was done indeed!!
top marks, Swimming pool is actually heated, not just as most hotel where they only say that in the brochure, nice and warm pool, the website unfortunatly doesn't do this place justice, when actually there it is much better then on the web.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

SUch a great hotel, but spoiled by very poor check-in experience. Check-in staff gave me no attention, dealt with me without a smile or a welcome, got my reservation wrong, didn't charge my room key correctly, said the room was non-smoking but it wasnt, etc. But the hotel itself was great - room was large and comfortable, excellent bathroom, strong internet, tv ok but not good choice of channels. Excellent breakfast buffet, and both restaurants very very good. Strange gym in difficult location, but quite well-equipped

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Mr. Peter,

I would like to thank you for your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback.

I highly apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your respected stay.

On behalf of Dusit Thani Lake View Cairo Team, We would like you to kindly give us the future opportunity to better enhance your stay that we do promise to be up to your satisfaction.

Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went with my wife on our anniversary and stayed in a Dusit sweet.. mostly everything was up to expectations...
We were offered a anniversary cake... and everyone greeted us by happy anniversary. Which was very nice...
The food in the breakfast and in the Thai restaurant was very nice...
We were however let down by a few minor things...
The suite had a very bad view of; a building that is under construction, when we told them we want to change it they said they'll check availability and call us.. but they never did.
The fridge in the room had a smell, generally the room is very clean but it doesn't give you the "super clean super shiny feeling" u get in major 5 star hotels..
The cleaning staff are loud and don't seem as professional as other 5 star brands.
The TV in the living area wasn't working..

Will we go again?
Well.. There are not a lot of resorts in Cairo... so if u compare this with mariott @ mirage city then Dusit Thani wins...
But if u don't want a resort.. just a normal hotel.. I believe the Fairmont , Intercontinental and four seasons are winners.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Mr. El Nahal,

I highly apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your respected stay.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel is for me very nice because of the great service of his style. I entered the hotel and the guy in the reception was smiling and very helpful . They brought to me a thai lady with nice welcome drink which gave me a very good first impression. The food is excellent in the breakfast and staff are friendly. I really felt happy that this hotel like the one i visited in other foreign countries. I will surely visit the hotel again and recommend it to my friends too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Hossam,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Booked a suit there at the New Year's Eve to attend a party held by one of my friends there. The hotel was fully booked actually over booked and I thought everything is gonna be late, but contrary to my expectations they were very professional and on time at everything.
First of all they honored my reservation and my suit was ready on time. Bell man delivered my luggage immediately after I went into my suit.
I ordered lunch from room service and I was expecting to wait at least an hour for delivery coz they were so busy and again contrary to my expectations my meal was delivered in 26 minutes.
Housekeeping had my suit in meticulous clean condition which is my biggest concern when I'm at hotels.
Check out was very fast and with no troubles at all.
The only thing I didn't like was that my suit was really far from the reception but that's the case with all level hotels as this one is kit a high rise.
I spend a minimum of 150 nights at hotels around the world a year for business and I highly recommend this one if you're planning a visit to Cairo Egypt.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Tamer,

Ahmed El Hady

Been to Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo? Share your experiences!