“I don't think it could worth than that to spend my 1st honeymoon day there” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo

You added Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo to your Saves list
Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Tesseen St, Fifth Settlement | New Cairo, Cairo 0000, Egypt   |
Ranked #12 of 130 Hotels in Cairo
“I don't think it could worth than that to spend my 1st honeymoon day there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Bad service
I arrived there after my wedding had to wait for the bill man then I went my self to bring the cart to put my luggage till he finally showed up
The room
We got up the there the room was not cleaned or ready to expect normal guest we are honeymooners

There is construction near by

Checking out had to wait like 15 min for the bill man to bring the luggage in the lobby inspire me calling asking for someone to take my luggage before I check out

And the other stuff are minor I can ignore
Have a happy stay there if you could !!!

• Stayed June 2013
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We highly appreciate your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback.

We highly apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your respected stay.

We would like you to kindly give us the future opportunity to better enhance your stay that we do promise to be up to your satisfaction.

Ahmed El Hady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room is very big and comfortable. I really like the design of the room. Also the pool is one of the best I have ever tried. The gacouzy is a very nice idea beside the pool. I really recommend people to spend their vacations here

Room Tip: The pool view is amazing
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Valued guest ,

We do promise to continue ensuring our guest’s satisfaction with a pleasant memorable experience.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Recently stayed here for 3 nights.
This is not a 5 star, maybe for Egypt it is but internationally it is not.
The checkin staff are very dodgy and three times I saw that when they charged customers they did not give change back!! It happened to me twice and once to some-one else. Apart from that they were slow.

The hotel itself was clean but the rooms were not, I found cigerette ash on the floor of my room from the previous guest. I told reception and nothing happened, I took pictures to show them but they did not care. It was cleaned on the second day. My room also had no towels, only hand towels. So showering was an issue until I ctold reception.

There is a nice bar in reception area to chill and have a beer and the breakfast every morning was really quite nice with a good selection.

The location is not good though. It is about 45-min - 1hr from city centre which is a pain.
Oh and trying to get in the hottel is also a apin...security guards and dogs have to check car at the entrance AND then you need to go through a xray scnanner and metal detector!! 5 star treatment indeed.

There is good wifi and I was able to get a good nights sleep which was good.

For tourists overall, it will not be a good base, I will be moving closer. It has positives but there are too many negatives for me,

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is located far away from any noise or traffic. It is now very reasonable for business people to come over and stay especially that most of our international companies moved to this area. The hotel has an amazing meeting facilities that my company liked and we enjoyed their tasty food and great service during our group business events. We will definitely continue reconfirming future business events and also dinning outings with the hotel because of all the excellence we have experienced.

Dear Valued guest,

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Dusit Thani is an amazing place.. i really enjoyed the place and the friendness of the people there. Also it is far from the crowd. I also liked the thai restaurant very much.. The pool is amazing .. The terace is very nice, and the overall, i recommend it to my friends..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued guest,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

A little away from downtown Cairo, situated in new Cairo. The rooms are big and spacious and the bathrooms are big and adequate. the ambiance in the lobby is really nice and there is a nice Thai restaurant in the Hotel. There are multiple swimming pools and trees and walkways around the hotel to relax and chill out. This hotel takes safety very seriously, which helps you not worry much. The best thing i liked to do was sit on the terraces outside the lobby having shisha & drinks and overlooking the eternity pool

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the eternity pool
Dear Valued guest ,

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I came to Cairo for several business trips and I stayed in other hotels, but this was one a disappointment. I was planning to stay the entire stay (around 5-6 months) in a hotel and chose Dusit but had to checkout after 14 days to a different hotel. The services didn't make me feel that I stayed in a 5* hotel.

Here are the good and bad:

The good:
- Excellent location and access to businesses. It's located in a quiet and safe area.
- Good pool (had amazing swimming experience specially that I had a pool access apartment).
- Good breakfast. I usually don't like hotel breakfasts but Dusit's breakfast was good.
- Free airport shuttle services .. which I liked ..
- Club meeting room was excellent. I had 2 meetings there and we just loved it.

The bad:
- My door key had a problem (they fixed it finally after couple of hours waiting outside, and complaints to hotel manager).
- TV channels was ruined 3 times during my 14 days stay
- Mosquitoes are all over the place. Not a pleasure experience for my 1 year daughter.
- I was supposed to get daily news paper + daily fruit basket .. they did that 3 days during my stay after several calls .. I asked HK, Bell Desk, Reception, The manager and still they couldn't get it right. I never got the value for the money I paid.
- Gym is too far, very hard to find the first time ..
- No food is allowed from outside. I had an apartment for 6 months and had a kitchen but they wouldn't allow me to bring even groceries. I'm not sure what was the benefit of the kitchen. The manager made an exception for me after several talks, but again everytime I bring something from outside they have to check with manager etc etc and I would be waiting outside. I couldn't bring fast food for my kids .. it wasn't pleasant at all.
- No activities for kids. The nearest mall has no activities for kids, and no good food.
- Not all housekeeping ppl trained well. They don't always change the bed sheets, or vacuum the rooms. They don't replenish toiletries and water regularly.
- Room service kept me on hold couple of times to answer other callers. They forgot couple of items (e.g. butter, bread etc) everytime I ordered.
- Pool is always cleaned during the day time when it's time for everyone to go swimming. That was not good. They should have done it other times. Also lifeguard is not always available.
- Electricity goes out for a few seconds everyday, keep you wondering what is wrong.
- They charged couple of items on minibar while I already had cancelled the minibar.
- They don't have a loyalty program, or benefits you would enjoy for stay long stays.

Advises:
- Don't go there if you're with family. They will get bored.
- Get a pool access room on ground floor, but then you won't be able to open it at night because of the mosquitoes.

Room Tip: Choose a pool access room. Take mosquito med with you :)

Ahmed El Hady

Been to Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo? Share your experiences!