“I like Dusit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo

You added Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo to your Saves list
Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Tesseen St, Fifth Settlement | New Cairo, Cairo 0000, Egypt   |
Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“I like Dusit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Dusit Thani is an amazing place.. i really enjoyed the place and the friendness of the people there. Also it is far from the crowd. I also liked the thai restaurant very much.. The pool is amazing .. The terace is very nice, and the overall, i recommend it to my friends..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

We highly appreciate your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback.

We do promise to continue ensuring our guest’s satisfaction with a pleasant memorable experience.

Ahmed El Hady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

A little away from downtown Cairo, situated in new Cairo. The rooms are big and spacious and the bathrooms are big and adequate. the ambiance in the lobby is really nice and there is a nice Thai restaurant in the Hotel. There are multiple swimming pools and trees and walkways around the hotel to relax and chill out. This hotel takes safety very seriously, which helps you not worry much. The best thing i liked to do was sit on the terraces outside the lobby having shisha & drinks and overlooking the eternity pool

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the eternity pool

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I came to Cairo for several business trips and I stayed in other hotels, but this was one a disappointment. I was planning to stay the entire stay (around 5-6 months) in a hotel and chose Dusit but had to checkout after 14 days to a different hotel. The services didn't make me feel that I stayed in a 5* hotel.

Here are the good and bad:

The good:
- Excellent location and access to businesses. It's located in a quiet and safe area.
- Good pool (had amazing swimming experience specially that I had a pool access apartment).
- Good breakfast. I usually don't like hotel breakfasts but Dusit's breakfast was good.
- Free airport shuttle services .. which I liked ..
- Club meeting room was excellent. I had 2 meetings there and we just loved it.

The bad:
- My door key had a problem (they fixed it finally after couple of hours waiting outside, and complaints to hotel manager).
- TV channels was ruined 3 times during my 14 days stay
- Mosquitoes are all over the place. Not a pleasure experience for my 1 year daughter.
- I was supposed to get daily news paper + daily fruit basket .. they did that 3 days during my stay after several calls .. I asked HK, Bell Desk, Reception, The manager and still they couldn't get it right. I never got the value for the money I paid.
- Gym is too far, very hard to find the first time ..
- No food is allowed from outside. I had an apartment for 6 months and had a kitchen but they wouldn't allow me to bring even groceries. I'm not sure what was the benefit of the kitchen. The manager made an exception for me after several talks, but again everytime I bring something from outside they have to check with manager etc etc and I would be waiting outside. I couldn't bring fast food for my kids .. it wasn't pleasant at all.
- No activities for kids. The nearest mall has no activities for kids, and no good food.
- Not all housekeeping ppl trained well. They don't always change the bed sheets, or vacuum the rooms. They don't replenish toiletries and water regularly.
- Room service kept me on hold couple of times to answer other callers. They forgot couple of items (e.g. butter, bread etc) everytime I ordered.
- Pool is always cleaned during the day time when it's time for everyone to go swimming. That was not good. They should have done it other times. Also lifeguard is not always available.
- Electricity goes out for a few seconds everyday, keep you wondering what is wrong.
- They charged couple of items on minibar while I already had cancelled the minibar.
- They don't have a loyalty program, or benefits you would enjoy for stay long stays.

Advises:
- Don't go there if you're with family. They will get bored.
- Get a pool access room on ground floor, but then you won't be able to open it at night because of the mosquitoes.

Room Tip: Choose a pool access room. Take mosquito med with you :)
Dear Valued Guest,

We highly apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your respected stay.

We would like you to kindly give us the future opportunity to better enhance your stay that we do promise to be up to your satisfaction.

Larnaka, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

this was my first visit to the hotel and I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the hotel was
i have stayed in Cairo many times for business, but when you stay at the Dusit you feel relaxed and ready to meet the challenges of a working day in Cairo traffic.

the staff are always there to help with a smile!
the food Thai restaurant was out of this world and the chefs are always happy to pose for photo.
the Dusit Suits was great place to chill out after a long working day, internet connection was top notch

i will be using this hotel again when i am in Cairo for Business and also intend on booking the Dusit for my next long weekend break away

Room Tip: the Dusit suits are amazing excellent views of the pool area very comfortable
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, June 13, 2013

Anderlues
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I spent a full week in the Dusit for business purposes ( week may 31 till June 7)
The hotel was exceeding my expectations. Overall strengths are :
- Nice and comfortable bedrooms, all very well equipped.
- Lovely food, in all restaurants ( recommend the "italian evening" in Branzino restaurant on Tuesday..)
- Swimming area is not crowded, and accommodations there are well taken care of
- Meeting rooms are big and have all necessary equipment
- The entire place is spotless and clean.
- The internet connection is amazingly good...( which is not always the case in Egypt)

Only recommendations :
- The airco system in the rooms is quit loud, and could disturb difficult sleepers
- The multiple party's in a big party hall upfront my room ( 1305) is not inviting you to spend time on the terrace in the evening..

I definitely recommend this hotel for business purposes in the Cairo area.
I can imagine it to be a little to far away from the city center for leisure purposes - certainly taking into account the "mess" on the highway's towards the city center...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

We highly appreciate your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback and recommendations..

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent a weekend with my 3 year old daughter at Dusit Thani Lake View Cairo, celebrating her birthday. The hotel is situated very close to the airport, in a newly established wealthy residential area, far away from the noisy city centre.
The room was very well-maintained and spacious. The rate they offered was very reasonable.
My daughter loved the heated swimming pool and enjoyed playing with other kids as well as a small kids park.
The only disappointing part of this hotel and I think it requires a lot of improvement is quality of food. Being a Eastern Asian and fussy about the quality of food, I must say that I was not impressed at all with food, including Friday brunch in-room dining and breakfast.
We tried Friday buffet and did not find anything I liked and even it is Thai chain hotel, the Thai food they offered in the buffet was not Thai at all.
The kids club offered at the Friday brunch was a great idea where kids could enjoy painting, building brick houses, reading books while parents can enjoy quiet moments.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We highly apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your respected stay.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife this weekend for a one night stay at Dusit, as it was her birthday. I have to say that it was a great choice. When they knew that it was her birthday, they complemented us with fruits, heart shape towels with red roses on the bed & in the bath tub, and a special chocolate cake. The room dinning was superb. The pool & jacouzy were great as well. Breakfast was above average. Also, the Thai massage was amazing and even better than in Thailand according to my wife :)

• Stayed May 2013

Ahmed El Hady

Been to Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo? Share your experiences!