“Spectacular Service but not the location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo

You added Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo to your Saves list
Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Tesseen St, Fifth Settlement | New Cairo, Cairo 0000, Egypt   |
Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Cairo
London
“Spectacular Service but not the location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was welcomed into a beautiful, huge, spacious lobby.
Although it was crowded, I was greeted and recognize right away by an Asian lady who offered me a refreshing welcome drink. She noticed that I was extremely tired from my travel and arriving from a very chaotic airport, so had offered me to escort directly to my room and did the check-in inside my room, absolutely impressive!!! A gesture that I have never experienced in any 5 star hotel that I have stayed in here in Egypt.
The bed was so inviting and the view from my balcony was to die for, especially at night! The lake view was very calming and tranquil. Room service was delicious and efficient! Breakfast was lavish and good selections.
The only part that disappointed me is when I bought some stuff that I will needing early morning. Oh my, the taxi driver that I got took me to a place that is an hour away from the hotel as there is nothing nearby. It was indeed a waste of time!!!
In overall, it did not cloud my overall impression of the hotel and besides the small snafus that I experienced I must say that my stay here was an overly sweet experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the lake view on the ground level if you would like to have a privacy and serene location.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
Asyut, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The hotel is 20-30 min from airport, in New Cairo "tagammo3" area, so if you business is there, then its a good choice. The rooms are very nice, modern and capacious, including a very nice bathroom/shower. Breakfast as also very good. The Gym is a few good machines with poor layout, thrown in a big hall at the end of the hotel.
The hotel is poorly designed, like a big maze... to reach the gym from the room you have to reach the reception, and similarity with garage, with long walks and lots of turns.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms, Surrounding area is not developed, so your viewing desert.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

First the positive. The hotel is modern in a quiet and unpolluted part of Cairo. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. The bathrooms are spacious and clean with many toiletries. The management is swift in handling any customer service issues.

Now the negative. The staff need better training on customer service, I had two incidents in one day. The first where room service forgot to bring my orange juice and when i called about it, instead of the expected apology and quick action i found the room service arguing why they didn't send the orange juice. The in-room dining manager quickly called me back and apologized the other guy's behavior and personally came to deliver two glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice. The second was when I complained to front desk that my room key has to be replaced everyday because it suddenly stops working, instead of promising to look into it the lady at reception started accusing me of not knowing to keep my card away from my phone. I actually was very careful keeping my card isolated all the time and felt upset that the lady spoke to me with that attitude and tone.

Room Tip: rooms start at elevator next to lobby and you may need to walk a considerable distance to your room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Overall impassion about my short stay at the hotel was good. But because of I am working at the hotel hospitality field, so some issues were somehow strange and were taken not that positive.. And it was mainly regarding the front desk. I didn’t feel welcoming. No greetings, no welcoming drink. They were confused about my payment which was already made since 2-3 days. I didn’t get any information about my meal plan or hotel’s facilities, but they asked about the way for paying extras.. Then the front desk representative said to follow him till the elevator, then I had to discover the way by myself. I had a backpack with me, but no one was offered me to help with it.. So from the luxury hotel I was expected somehow more attention to my side or more exclusivity.
Thanks God I found the room and thanks God that I’m working at the hotel, so it was easy to became familiar with the equipments & amenities at the room. The room was great: very spacious and comfortable. I liked so much the Tai greeting with my family name at the screen on TV. The room has everything for very comfortable stay (AC, tea/coffee facilities, free mineral water, bath-robs, hair-dryer, laundry service and etc..) I liked the idea of radio so much, but I discovered it by chance. I do advice to take your home-sleepers, because during my stay I was suffering with sleepers of Dusit hotel:) The cleanness at the room was not top: some hair at bath-tub, plug at wash basin was blocked, the aroma-lamp was empty (no oil, no candle, no matches), carpet was need to re-wash it again. The hotel directory had only 2 pages most of it was missed, and a small hint to change it or add the missed pages was not understandable. The bad was huge and I love it, but the mattress was not hard. Anyway.. I liked the room so much :)
The breakfast experience was enjoyable. Very smiling Tai girl as a hostess was very welcoming and helpful. The buffet was excellent: I don’t have even one small comment about the taste, variety or presentation. Waiters were fast and nice. I can’t said the same about the omelet cooker – he asked me to repeat several times the components for my omelet referring to the issue with loud music as background.
The hotel itself looks nice with a lot of decoration tips. But design with red-black colors was little heavy for me. There is a pool, but the weather issue was not so matching with sitting beside it or enjoy the swimming..
Again I had only few days to stay there and most of the time I was out, so maybe I didn’t discover more advantages of this hotel. Many people will consider my review as a negative one, but I have enjoyed my stay there and would like to come back.
P.S. Check out experience. The guy there didn’t have a change of money notes, so he left the desk for 1-2 minutes to find it among his colleagues.. Too strange.. .. And they give a small amount of money, as free prepayment (something small, but lovely :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I spent two nights there after my wedding. The overall experience is quite good, but I have few points to mark:
1. Due to pre-marriage preparations I had to call the hotel reservation desk several times in several weeks. Surprisingly, the first time i was told that there are free double rooms. 2nd time i called few days later and was told that there's only suites available. Next day I was told that there are no rooms nor suites available. Then by coincidence a friend told me that she had called them up the same week and there were plenty of rooms available. So I called them again and .. surprise surprise? plenty of rooms available!
2. Lunch and dinner are absolute pain. There's only this single restaurant there that has a menu of two pages only. We had to go out of the hotel (thankfully we had our private car) for lunch and dinner every day
3. I have to say this is one of the few hotels around that has a valee service :)
4. It's very very quiet there ... if you don't remove the curtains you cannot even tell how much time you spent in the room.

Room Tip: all rooms have view either on the lake or the pool. Both are quite nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We live in Cairo. We stayed at the Dusit Thani overnight after attending a ball held here. While the ballroom facility and set-up were great the overall hotel atmosphere was just okay. We had connecting rooms as our children stayed too. Both rooms were dusty and filled with mosquitoes. The room odor was musty. As a result, we did not feel like the rooms were clean. There were also no amenities (soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.). The pool area was nice and the breakfast buffet was too. The hotel advertises "lake view" and "spa" but there is no lake and the spa had been closed for several months when we were there. A lot of construction in a and around the hotel. The surrounding area is under development so not much is around.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is a lovely hotel but it is in a developing part of Cairo so the infrastructure around it is not there yet. It has a great setting but is not ideal for travelling around Cairo. If you are on a business trip with a driver at hand you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo? Share your experiences!