“The best in town” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 161 Reviews
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Everything about the Birdcage is pure Thailand, from the exotic water feature at the door to the authentic etiquette displayed throughout your meal. What will really transport you across the continent; however, are the sizzling sounds and enticing aromas from the open kitchen, where Chef Narong creates Thai specialties such as Garlic Pepper Shrimp, Cashew Chicken and Crispy Rice with Peanut Sauce.Location: In the Semiramis InterContinental Hotel - 2nd level Services: Lunch | Dinner
Cairo, Egypt
“The best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

It is expensive but well worth the price. You better have reserved as it is not a large restaurant and always full. Being the best thai and indonesian restaurant in town by far, it is well worth planning for it by reserving in advance. I have been there with my wife and friends as well as with business guests who I alwasy made a good impression with for choice of venue, given good choices and quality of food served. I highly recommend it to anyone into this kind of cuisine. Restaurant is small but coasy with good service. Unlike many other restaurants in Egypt is it open for lunch and dinner but not "in between", as most restaurants in Egypt offer continued hours from 13:00 until midnight.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Arabic first
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“Good quality for unreasonable price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Never seen Thai food costing that much! Nowhere! Ever! Quality is alright, although could not be compared to authentic Thai food, in my opinion, but the prices! 70 USD for 3 rather small sized meals?....

Visited June 2012
Houston
“the best asian experience in middle east!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Birdcage was the most amazing food I've had in years. When I first saw it on tripadvisor, I didnt think much of it despite the amazing ratings but we were hooked. We went there a dozen times before we left Cairo. Its the best place at the Intercontinental hotel!

• Visited February 2012
West Yorks, UK
“Amazing food in fabulous surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited The Birdcage on our second night in Cairo from our hotel out at Giza. We'd read good reviews and were not disappointed

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Cross Lanes, West Virginia
“I look forward to returning.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited a friend in Cairo, Egypt during September of 2012. While he introduced me to delicious Egyptian cuisine, I was able to introduce him to Thai cuisine while dining at the Birdcage during my stay at the Semiramis InterContinental Hotel. The food was superbly prepared, the atmosphere very pleasant and the service polite and efficient. My Egyptian friend was quite impressed and we returned to enjoy a second meal at the Birdcage during my trip.

• Visited September 2012