“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 47 Cairo B&B and Inns
Cairo, Egypt
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

This is very nice & cheap place to stay in Cairo, near to arket Place, Museum, View Nile from your room.
Very clean & very co operative staff.
Heavy Breakfast you get here. Local with Continental type.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
Nice, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

Good value if you stay at the Isis BUT (I recommend that you reject any proposal for change: see below)

The Isis hotel is conveniently located not far from the Egyptian Museum, but dominates the entrance to motorways on Cairo (hence the noise in the 16 th floor because the hotel is the 16th not the 15th).

Of our arrival, the hotel wants full payment for all 5 nights (30 € x 5 nights).

The room is clean with private, TV and fridge, and clean bed sheets & towels are changed daily, but the bathroom is very basic, no bolt for the bathroom and the water pressure In the bathroom was rather low
The breakfast was good, but always the same.
Free unlimited internet access.
The elevator only goes to the 14th floor (15 is break down) and so had to climb the stairs from 14th to 16th floor with the Luggage.

The Sting of the boss:

I booked for 5 nigths, but after two nights, the hotel owner grounds the arrival of a group of hikers who want to be in the same hotel, to offer us another room in another hotel of the same company next door. In this hotel called Wake Up hotel, the room is small, no TV or fridge, no cleaning, no change of cloth or towel, same breakfast in a tray on the ground because there is no table ( 1 egg, a piece of hard cheese "Laughing Cow" and a jam, a small piece of bread (from the eve), glass of tea or coffee). It is a cheap hotel (internet says € 19) but we paid € 30 to ISIS! good for bussiness for the owner !! And he did also to other Canadian customers.

Unlike those who say that the boss is nice, I have a different opinion as he is mainly interested in the $ and do not respect its commitments.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

I have read all the great reviews about this hotel and I think it's even better. The location is one of the best in Cairo and the view from the 15th floor is great. The accommodation is very clean and Madhad + Mohamad Ali makes you most welcome. Pick-up from airport was even included in our very reasonable price + free internet + breakfast. All the staff are very friendly & helpful, nothing is too much.

Rossland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

Well, from the outside one might turn and run, but once up the rickety elevator, I would't even venture up the stairs....you are welcomed into a comfortable but smoky common area. The men who work here are very welcoming and friendly and do everything to help, including push the tours. We found that smiles and some laughs with them kept things great. The bedrooms were adequate and spacious, but the mattresses very uncomfortable. The views are awesome, better than the citadel, and the location is superb. The shared bathroom was fine and the shower was good. Would we stay here again, well, yes we are for one night before we fly out...though we are dreading the springs poking into us all night!
The breakfast was fine and they will cater to your timing needs, no matter how early!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Port-louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I booked a room via an agency with Isis hotel and bitterly regretted it.
I arrived late in the evening and Mohammad Ali started by asking for payment for Isis hotel booking for 2 nights, and offering tours, without much pressure. Only afterwards when I had paid for the room and booked a couple of tours did they say that I would be staying in another hotel of the same company next door, which turned out to be the cheaper Wakeup hostel. The next morning, before I went back for breakfast at the Isis Hotel, I was told by wakeup Hostel reception to pack my bag and leave it in my room as I would be moved to another room - at that point, I thought I would be moved to Isis Hotel. When i arrived for breakfast, I was told I should bring my luggage. So, again I had to move back and forth. I pointed out that this packing and unpacking was inconvenient. After going on a tour of the pyramids, I arrived back at 4 pm only to be told to wait for 30minutes...until they find a room for me. After nearly an hour, I was taken by car to the Nubian HOSTEL (not too far away but difficult for me to find my around) which also belongs to the same company they said.
So, if you have a booking with Isis Hotel, you may end up in another hotel or even hostel of the same company for the same price., and it may not be as near to the Egyptian museum.
I arrived late in Cairo and the taxi driver in central Cairo had a lot of problems finding the place despite telling him the address.
I am puzzled by all the amazingly good reviews and I note that those who gave these too good-to-be true reviews often have made only one contribution. Unlike all those who said what a great guy Mohammad Ali is, I had a very different experience dealing with him.
I have travelled quite a lot and this is THE worst experience I have had with a hotel or hostel. I relied partly on the reviews on trip advisor when choosing Isis Hotel and this is the first time I have found it be so misleading. I wonder about the authenticity of the reviews for this hotel unless for some reason I received unusually poor customer service. I genuinely believe they do not care about customer service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Perugia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Hi travelers!
If you`re planning a trip in Egypt, I strongly recommend you to book a room in the Isis hotel in Cairo.
As you book your room, you can start relaxing because Mohammed Ali will take care of you. He`ll organise whatever you want (airport transfer, Cairo tour, tours all over the Egypt,...).
About the hotel, it`s very close to the Egyptian Museum (just 10 minutes far walking) and the centre. The room are big, comfortable and silently.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I chose the Isis mainly because of the good reviews here and the photos that promised a stunning view over the city. Indeed, the view was splendid - especially at sunset from the huge balcony, but the hotel turned out to be a bit overrated. The building was in such a bad shape that the pleasure of sitting on the balcony was overshadowed by the fear that it might break down any moment. Of the two shabby and dirty elevators, only one worked. That fact that the operating elevator was not always the same, suggested that they regularly break down. Moreover, one day, the door would only close partially, leaving a huge gap of half a meter, which allowed you to examine the stucture of the building more closely.
My room was spacious, bright and had a huge balcony, while the furniture was rather shabby. Traffic is clearly audible but earplugs will help.The room was cleaned every day, but they tend to focus on the spots that are frequently used (e.g. sink, bath, sheets, table) while the filthy carpet did not seem to have been in contact with a hoover recently, as it was covered by hairs of various colours. The walls were stained, and parts of the rooms covered with long-term dirt. In addition, there was the distinct smell of old smoke in the room. Another backdrop was that there was no reading light so you had to get up to switch off the light. Still, if you do not come with high expectations, the Isis Hotel it is a great place to stay. The staff is very nice, honest and make a real effort to make you enjoy your stay. They have free internet in the lounge and the location is great: close to the Nasser metro station and to bustling downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Isis Hotel? Share your experiences!