“Fun in Seoul” 4 of 5 stars

Seoul, South Korea
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fun in Seoul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

My mother and I travel to Seoul about 6 day.
We know alot of Korea history at War Memorial Museum.The view at Mountain Sorak is very wonderful.
We learn alot of culture when we visit the MBC theme park which is the place that shooting the famous drama Daejanggeum (Jewel in The Palace).
Their food is very deliciouse.
I recommended alot of my friend travel to Korea.

Seoul, Korea
“Seoul : Hi Seoul Festival : " Enjoy year-round festival in Seoul! "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

The city, Seoul is more famous than country, and the festival, Hi Seoul Festival is more loved by people than city.

Big crowd is gather in the world famous festival cities during vacation season. Unfortunately, there has been no such festival or cultural event in Seoul.

I met Hi Seoul Festival on May 2008, for the first time. Palaces in Seoul are famous tourist attraction indeed, and it transformed the venues of the Festival. It was an extraordinary events I've ever experienced. And I found the festival will be continue with every season!

I'm looking forward to enjoy this summer one, and hope you all get some fun at Hi Seoul Festival.

miami lakes, fl
“South Korea, I'm sorry but is boring.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

And it has not anything to do with people from there, they are very nice and if you want to know asian culture is a great place to stay for one week, and that's it. I lived at one hour from Seoul for year and a half, and went to that city several times, got enough of it super fast. BORING.

Leavenworth Kansas
“It's Not For Everyone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

I lived in Seoul for 13 months, and it has its "up and downs". Traffic is horrible, and much of the city stinks, but it is an experience in its-self. Be sure to see the war museum and the Itaewon Market.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Most different travel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

For my brothers wedding we travelled to Seoul in October 2006. A totally different experience as a) on the other side of the globe and b) compared to standard destinations we had been to a new experience in general.
Upon our arrival and after 13 hours flight we had to struggle keeping up for the rest of the day as it was only 7AM !! On top of that it was very humid and warm. Not knowing any Korean language, we felt like completely lost (although the basics like thanks and hello got better during the stay)
People are really friendly and look at you quite curious due to being European, whcih they don't see often.
Seoul itself is a buzzing city, with 12 million inhabitants. The accommodation was different, too but funny. The food- I tried as much as possible, being curious and adapting to the country but I have to say sometimes I rather sticked to what I already knew foodwise from my sister-in-law and my brother. If you travel to Korea, don't expect Restaurants to have an English menu. You do have alternative restaurants, though and as said people are trying to help you in finding a good meal.
The attractions were great. A combination of old and new. You have skyscrapers one side and old temples and palaces the other side.
It was a very short trip though, hence we definately will go there again, to visit the coast region and its small islands around.
More and more Europeans are making their way to Korea which is a good thing. It's a country worth seeing !!

Been to Seoul? Share your experiences!