“A disapointment” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Saudi Arabia
“A disapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We have tried several of the Outback Steak Houses and on two occasions have had to send food back for not being cooked, not prepared correctly or even cold. Not worth wasting anymore of our money on these outlets, especially at Seoul prices.

50% Recommend
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Not for western foreigners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The more time I spend in Korea, the more I think that good American / Western style cusine is just not to be had here. Don't get me wrong, I love Korea, the people, the culture, the food, everything... However I am often here for 6-8 weeks at a time, several times a year and although I like Asian food, I do tend to get tired of it after a while and go in search of somthing else... I have been able to find good Itialian, Indian, and even Mexican resturaunts in both Seoul and Busan but can't for the life of me find a decent American resturaunt and after several years of coming to Korea on business I am begining to think that I'm either just terribly unlucky with my choices thus far? or there just aren't any? but the search continues...

I have been to dozens of Outback Steakhouse resturaunts throughout the US over the years and have always been a fan, I was hoping that the Korean version would be at least similar, but I was wrong... for just under 40,000 Won (Aprox $34 USD) I got a tiny, thin piece of meat similar to what we would refer to as a breakfast steak, or a children's steak in the US. along with a dry potato and dry bread because they didn't have sour cream and the butter, or what looked like butter had a strange taste, not sure what it was and I wasn't going to be able to find out because the waiter's english vocabulary was about as extencive as my Korean vocabulary which ain't much.

The only thing that tasted like it was supposed to was the beer and it was in a bottle so I can't give them credit for that, The service was terribly slow which was possibly our fault, I had brought several colleagues visiting from the US, (suggested a great Korean BBQ resturaunt but got no takers)... Anyway,,,nothing looked or tasted like anyone was used to so we all were firing questions and / or requests at the poor waiter and probably scared him to death.

Bottom line... don't come here if you expect a steakhouse experience that resembles anything at all like you would expect to get back home, as you will be sadly disappointed.

Visited January 2012
Shanghai
“If you´re craving a Steak, go somewhere else...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Went with a friend since it was close to our Hotel. Menu was OK. Steak itself was quite nice but the rest a complete joke. The bread was awful, the potatos as well. With them they served us mango-butter or some funny stuff like that. HORRIBLE. Staff was nice and kind but their english was not really good. If you want a descent Steak, go to a 5*Hotel and pay a bit more or wait till you get back home... ;-)
I won´t go there again...

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
US
“American Outback.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

One of the first places I took my Aussie husband when we met in Korea was an Outback Steakhouse. He noticed that they had the wrong number of stars on the flag! Of course, it's about the food, though. With Outback in Korea, your mileage may vary. Some are better than others. I always enjoyed Outback in Wonju, but never cared for them in Seoul. The decor is the usual kitsch you get in American versions, but the cooking may vary. If you are not used to eating beef in Asia, be aware that the same ideas of rare, medium, and well done do not apply the same here as back home. Medium here (my usual back home) is still bloody here. I went to the Wonju one many times. Went to one nearby my home in Seoul, and haven't been back in 3 years.

Somerset, Texas
“Doesnt taste like back home and pricey”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

First I dont like to go to american restaurants when I travel abroad. I went to many american restaurants cause my friends were obviously home sick. The problem is you know how this stuff is suppose to taste, but the koreans dont. guess who is cooking this stuff? But im not saying this cause i want to make fun of koreans. if anything i greatly respect them. you can go to the north of the u.s. and ask for mexican food and be very dissapointed. Back to outback,,,,I asked for a steak and mashed potatoes and veggies. The steak tasted funny and was really small. Like any other place outside the u.s. every drink is extra money and the koreans serve much smaller glasses of soda. Instead of a 12 oz. we are talking about 8-9 oz. The whole meal cost me about 30,000 won (30 american dollars). Steak is apparently very expensive in Seoul. My advice stick to the local stuff it taste better and is much cheaper.

• Visited June 2010