“Mussels a Must!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cigale Montmartre

La Cigale Montmartre
123 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea (Itaewon)
02-796-1244
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,555 of 12,776 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Itaewon
“Mussels a Must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

After a week at the Dragon Hill Lodge, we hit Trip Advisor for something in the neighborhood (e.g., close, off post). We ended up at La Cigala and devoured pots of mussels. We went back two nights later before we left. The mussels were fresh and fell out of the shell. We probably had 5-6 dozens mussels per pot. They came with crusty bread and crispy french fries (which we dumped in the bottom of the pot to get every last drop of sauce). We did the Bleu Cheese - both nights.......when you're done with the DHL trough (yuck buffet), walk down to Itaewon (10 minutes).

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Andong, South Korea
“Disappointingly average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

First of all, I think this restaurant is now called La Cigale Montmartre. Second of all, I was excited to visit this restaurant especially for the Creme Brulee. The ribeye steak was okay - I've had better. The red wine was amazing. By the time I ordered Creme Brulee they had run OUT! For real?! I was MOST disappointed. I had travelled 3 hours for this. They compromised by giving me three small ramekins of creme brulee (AND charged me extra for it!??). It was cold. It had air bubbles in it. Asked them to warm it for me and it came back the same. It was simply horrible. Maybe the originally bigger bowl of Creme Brulee was better but I was highly disappointed. The service was okay though. I might give this restaurant another chance but I'm not sure I want to. The doozy with the Creme Brulee COMPLETELY put me off. The chef is apparently French - Creme Brulee should be a breeze for him.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“New menu is not as delightful as the old one. If you love mussels, this is a must.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2007