“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Very clean, spacious rooms, in a good location. Efficient staff, fluent in English, very helpful ordering taxis and with directions. The breakfast was tasty, with a wide range of food. The airport bus stops at the hotel. Overall, a nice stay!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Ramada Hotel and Suites while on a layover on my way back to San Francisco. I had a 24 hour layover, and rather than opting to stay at a hotel near the airport, I opted to go to Seoul. It was only one hour train ride (took the all stop train from Incheon Airport to Seoul Station). At Seoul Station, the best exit for the hotel is Exit #3. Seoul Station is actually two stations so once you arrive, you have to walk over to the other station and take Exit #3. It’s about a 10 minute walk up Namdaemun and make a left at the end of the street to Chilpae-Ro. Just look at a map and you can’t get lost.

The hotel is nestled among office buildings, however it is within easy walk to Namdaemun and Myong-dong area. The fellow at the concierge is very helpful and will provide a map. The hotel is also within walking distance to Deoksugung Palace, which closes at 10:00 PM, City Hall, and Cheonggycheon Stream.

The room I reserved was a standard room with a king bed and free wifi which is blazingly fast. What I got, which must have been an upgrade was a mini suite. It had a sitting area, a large bed and a single bed. The room was large and equally large was the bathroom, which must have been made for patrons that are wheelchair bound. The hotel is average and is what you would expect for a 3 star hotel. There are convenience stores around the area for getting ramen and some snacks. There is a coffee shop on the lobby. It may even be a Starbucks. The room is nicely appointed, clean, and is a good option on a shoestring budget. There is a mini bar which consisted of an empty refrigerator, a kettle and some glasses. I was a little annoyed that there was no tea or coffee provided.

The best part about the hotel, is it’s location as it really is close to the metro (10-15 minute walk) and some sights. For convenience, there is a KAL limousine bus, from Incheon Airport, that stops right in front of the hotel. I opted to take the all stop train since I arrived during rush hour, I was not sure about the traffic.

Staff is friendly and service is efficient. In short, if I were to go back to Seoul, I would definitely consider returning to the Ramada Hotel and Suites.

Room Tip: For convenience, there is a KAL limousine bus that stops infront of the hotel. You can take the sam...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
정준, 프론트 매니저 at Ramada Hotel and Suites Seoul Namdaemun, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 82 2 2119 8925.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed on business trip, and found the hotel not to be so clean according to my expectation. Dimly lit, corridors reminded me of a bunker. For the price, the place is good, but I would not recommend to save money by having not so good experience. The location is very good and all major buildings and attractions are accessible by foot if you are a walker.
I had to change the hotel after one night's stay. I was initially supposed to stay there for 7 nights.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was spacious but without flair. Very functional, minimal decor. Bed is quite comfy but pillows need to be replaced. They are so flat it was almost like sleeping without them at all. What was shocking to us was there is no AC at all. We asked the front desk and the answer was AC is only for summer. We had to open the window and asked for portable fan. What further confused us, the corridor and lobby were air-conditioned. So, why not the rooms?
Location was bleak, business area. The only consolation was Namdaemun, the traditional market where you can find cheap good Korean food and snacks. Seoul station is not exactly nearby. You have to walk 10-15min.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
정준, 프론트 매니저 at Ramada Hotel and Suites Seoul Namdaemun, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 82 2 2119 8925.

Ramada Hotel & Suites Seoul Namdaemun

Been to Ramada Hotel and Suites Seoul Namdaemun? Share your experiences!